Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

The Alcifer Initiative

Thats a nice design and a free horse too!

For anyone who is interested I'll be doing some planting this saturday along the Lormer-Linton highway on Xanadu.  The shrines will be along long stretches of road and at most major intersections, the plan is to have dyed dog statues pointing the way to Lormer and Linton. 

If you'd like to join me I'll be starting at roughly 4pm Saturday GMT from Black Forest Nemeton (Q13) and would welcome any helping hands and supplies people want to invest into the wayshrines!

• Like 2

I really like this idea. Still collecting sprouts for the fencing but I'll be installing a wayshrine along the highway in Xanadu G12. :)

• Like 1

This sounds like a pretty interesting project to undertake, and reminds me of something I had planned on Release along a particularly dangerous section of highway.  I think I'll help out with this by making sure waystations are made present along the long road between Glasshollow and Vrock Landing, though I can't guarantee they'll be decorated the same way as these.  (I'm a special snowflake and like to do things my way.)

Some players have been building *safe houses* along roadsides for years. Nothing new with this concept other than this being an easy mode way to do so with much less maintenance required. Not so eye appealing either and have no provision/protection for forges, ovens and functional beds inside of them. Better than nothing available I guess, as a less beneficial rest stop than the aforementioned safe houses built by the more industrious Wurmanites out of concern for the random player that they may never even meet.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

My deed is a safe haven. lol  This idea is interesting, but I won't be building a shrine in my area as my deed already fulfills that purpose, so to speak.

• Like 1

@Ayes, houses have one downside to it: They block land that could be deeded. I love these little open houses I found with everything there and I like that people actually made the efford for other player. But to build some more of them, they require much more efford to be build and yes, they block deedable land.

Edited by Sirene

2 hours ago, Sirene said:

@Ayes, houses have one downside to it: They block land that could be deeded. I love these little open houses I found with everything there and I like that people actually made the efford for other player. But to build some more of them, they require much more efford to be build and yes, they block deedable land.

Not to mention repairing them, whereas hedges need no repairing.

You never know when a wayshrine might save your life!  The power of Alcifer keeps back all evil critters! :

wurm_20160625_1737_2.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:53 PM, Sirene said:

I have given these Safe Houses to other players when they stated that they wanted to deed the land. Others have placed perimeter over them and even then if they seem decent people I either delete the house or just give it to them. More often they are built on less desirable spots with no other signs of human habitation anywhere to be seen. Those are really the best spots for Safe Houses since they can provide a remote safe haven with some facilities to use inside. These little pens are better than nothing though, although sort of ugly, heh.

=Ayes=