Sign in to follow this  
Raybarg

Rite of Spring

Have we stopped announcing RoS casts?

Its perhaps few years now since I accidentally stumbled on when one was being cast.

Theres someone in wurm that doesnt care about others, and the devs dont care to fix it either. They rather see hate created.

JPvJ645.png

• Like 3

Independence could use a Magranon  cast of Ritual of the Sun too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Theres someone in wurm that doesnt care about others, and the devs dont care to fix it either. They rather see hate created.

Woah, well someone is productive for their own good indeed. So this has been going on for almost two years now?

31 minutes ago, Raybarg said:

Woah, well someone is productive for their own good indeed. So this has been going on for almost two years now?

Yup..

They fixed it, now you cannot cast global spells without a ton of prem people in local (like 70+) - so yellowfinger got the finger.... :P

Good, healthy change :)

It all depends on who you ask, who reads the code and who checks what/where on the masses of local peeps needed ^_^

I've completely given up on these.  When one person can ruin what used to be a big community effort and reward system, to satisfy their own needs, it really needs to be fixed.  I seriously consider not going prem every time devs ignore this glaring flaw in the game.  So many great options have been offered up for ways to address this issue, yet no response.

Would people not meet up for a cast? I would travel almost anywhere on Xana for the cast. Indy seems even easier, despite the clusterfu.. I mean.. beautiful islands.

4 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Would people not meet up for a cast? I would travel almost anywhere on Xana for the cast. Indy seems even easier, despite the clusterfu.. I mean.. beautiful islands.

I think the problem is that when people do plan to meet up for a cast, the individual mentioned up above does the cast before the group has the chance to even get to where they plan to cast it. 

This is only from what I've seen on the forums, so I may be completely wrong here.

3 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

They fixed it, now you cannot cast global spells without a ton of prem people in local (like 70+) - so yellowfinger got the finger.... :P

Good, healthy change :)

Eh, when was this? 

This is only if you cast on your inventory, if you use an altar theres no such check afaik?

20 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

I think the problem is that when people do plan to meet up for a cast, the individual mentioned up above does the cast before the group has the chance to even get to where they plan to cast it. 

This is only from what I've seen on the forums, so I may be completely wrong here.

How can they do this? Dont they need 70 people in local or whatever? Or do you mean that they arrive at the meet-up and cast it before the designated person is supposed to cast? Hold the meeting in a deep mountain with restricted access :)

The "N in local" message was ingame since forever, it's not actually true, just when casting on something other than an altar; it's not new

Wait, so anyone can sneak in the cast at any time as long as it's available?

yep! They also need several priests for the 300 favor needed, so not anyone can do it.

2 hours ago, asdf said:

yep! They also need several priests for the 300 favor needed, so not anyone can do it.

Yes it "only" takes 4 high faith priests (the caster and 3 links) at minimum.

How about just upping the required favor to 1200 or somesuch? Easier organised than 70+ in local, and still probably too expensive for jerks.

Just an idea...

A clear info if it really requires 70+ people in local would probably help too.

Since it is 3 months ago now, Indy could have a new spell casted and I might be able to come help if anyone wants to organise it. :-)

It isn't a time based spell but based on the prayers of the faithful for it  to become available.  As others have said, the 70 people in local is not required.

The 70 is not needed.  And yes because of this player the castings are now done unannounced.  I make them when I can but the news is normaly spread through trusted friends.  It is kept very hush hush so that the cast is not ninjad a day before every one is actuly ready for it.

• Like 1

What is the incentive for doing this? Also not trying to derail, but got a big laugh seeing the number one dragon thief whining about ' someone in wurm that doesnt care about others'

On 6/14/2016 at 4:24 AM, whykillme said:

JPvJ645.png

• Like 1

I guess the incentive would be to make sure that this character get the bonus when waiting for public might exclude his playtime.

But if you do the casts unannounced to prevent ninjaing... Don't you ninja those casts?

• Like 1

The .1 Mind logic and 5 hours "free" bonus time are very handy, especially at high levels where mind logic is hard to come by, I assume anyone making a habbit of grabbing ROS' was grinding out 100 ML.

• Like 2

On 20-6-2016 at 6:56 PM, Toolhead said:

What is the incentive for doing this? Also not trying to derail, but got a big laugh seeing the number one dragon thief whining about ' someone in wurm that doesnt care about others'

Proof?

at 90 channeling, you can only link 9 priests, making a max favor of 800 for the cast the limit (iirc). But yeah, that would make it harder to ninja but not impossible to do for someone with enough prem accounts (and the ability to grind their faith up).

Those ninjaing have been an issue in the past and are still one. Imho it should fell in the team hands to do something when someone decide to crash a planned event. Sadly, it's not the case and doing so is apparently free for all.

A rework of the way all those global spells work (and their bonuses) should be done for the community sake.

• Like 1