Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

[06:30:01 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: Old virtualzone being removed:Careon

anyone seen this type of issue with virtual zones?   This wasnt a new player and popped about 11 times when this player logged in.  

Thoughts?

[06:30:01 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: Old virtualzone being removed:Careon
java.lang.Exception
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.addWatcher(Zone.java:2142)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VirtualZone.initialize(VirtualZone.java:237)
    at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.VisionArea.sendNextStrip(VisionArea.java:421)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2364)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Seen it a few times on my server, players have called for my attention because they're often 'stuck' in vehicles when it happens (not personally had it happen to my character yet). They can't move, or even rotate their view around, can't disembark and have needed to be #reload.

• Like 1

Please let us know if this is on Beta branch or regular and what mods you have loaded on your server as well as the version of server you are using. Could be helpful for all us players to narrow down why some have the problem and others do not.

Also maybe if the players are using any client side mods.

41 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

Please let us know if this is on Beta branch or regular and what mods you have loaded on your server as well as the version of server you are using. Could be helpful for all us players to narrow down why some have the problem and others do not.

Also maybe if the players are using any client side mods.

This started with 1.0.0.6

First reported on regular build 1.0.0.6 for us too.

Server uses;

Announcer

BetterDig

HarvestHelper

JPWM Offspring Names

Move to Center

BountyMod

SpellMod

MeditateMod

SacrificeMod

SalveMod

SkillMod

ProspectMod

Some players are exceptionally laggy due to their home connections and run into problems quite often (such as this, or stuck items in the inventory), and some are on high speed low latency connections, across Windows 7, 10 and Linux.

Server is running on Win10 Pro since WU came out, behind an anti-DDoS filter router (cable line-bonded over multiple high speed fibre connections), has no performance issues with CPU and doesn't come close to capping it's RAM, hardware is tested monthly with no hardware errors to date. Max player base has been around 20, however, since the aggressive creature ratio % is still not fixed, it's dropped to 1~3 players on average and there haven't been any incidents recently, at least none that have been reported.

One thing I have noted; it seems to effect vehicle passengers, I think all reports have been stuck passengers, including one on my own boat(Knarr) I was driving.

• Like 1

[09:45:55 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.VirtualZone: Player with id -10 could not be found.
com.wurmonline.server.NoSuchPlayerException: Player with id -10 could not be found.
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.getPlayer(Players.java:641)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.getCreature(Server.java:3035)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VirtualZone.sendHostileCreatures(VirtualZone.java:3396)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour.handle_GETINFO(TileBehaviour.java:2720)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour.action(TileBehaviour.java:2308)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileFieldBehaviour.action(TileFieldBehaviour.java:559)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action.poll(Action.java:2854)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionStack.poll(ActionStack.java:237)
    at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.pollActions(Player.java:9270)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers$1(Players.java:4353)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$6$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:180)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:302)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers(Players.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1817)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Check it's not a new player too, I often notice VirtualZone errors like that for newly logged in, brand-spanking-new-to-the-server-players, until, they logout and log back in again a few times.

If it's a new player, I tend to ignore it.

Edited by Drathania
  • Like 1