Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

Few minor bugs

First Fog Spiders, when they get removed after the fog goes away, there is some lag that occurs. I am not sure if this is due to the cleanup itself, or perhaps the corpses or what, but during the huge lag spike you will see Fog Spider Count is now: 300, then later Fog Spider Count is now: 200, In between all this there is a ton of no such creature exceptions.

HotA statues when WU first came out spawned with random colors, and we had the ability to change those colors. Changing the colors not so much of an issue, but now they all come out red, there is never any variation. I think this has to do with them being set to unchangeable no destroy/bash.

If you adjust the speed on boats beyond a certain point, they start going backwards. This happens when modding, also when using the command #vespeed on vanilla servers.

When a player changes from one connected server to another, and their data is transferred, their achievements are given timestamps instead of the date format. This causes ugly errors when starting up, if allowed to grow to too many errors the server will not start. Have been fixing this with an SQL command, but the command I am using just sets them to a specific date, which does not reflect their actual time/date of gaining the achievement.

Hell horses, and I have also seen others report that other hell creatures are not spawning. Also aggressive creatures and respawns seem to have issues, there is another thread about this having something to do with noneNewbie flag of some sort.

There are still issues where HotA will not spawn the 4th pillar sometimes. Which a workaround has been found, it requires that an admin who can look at the database is available. Very annoying, been a bug since the beginning. Is it possible we are setting up HotA wrong, are there some conditions we should be aware of that may solve this. Could very well be user error, but some clarification would be nice if so.

--------------------------------------

The fog spider issue is the only one kinda breaking the game at this point. Others are minor bugs and annoyances. Thank you for your hard work, and thank  you for taking the time to look over this.

--------------------------------------

Edit: I felt like this was the appropriate place. However if moderators feel this is the wrong forum section, I apologize and please feel free to move.

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 2

Another annoying bug, likely never noticed as no drakes are ridden on WO but, would be great to have this fixed properly. Red Drake and Blue Drake (only those two out of all creature models I have tested) Seem to have animation mappings for those 2 specific models to standing. Using exactly the same code and only changing the model, it works for all other models but stands for these 2, would be nice to have that fixed.

• Like 1

Seconded on the hell creatures and fog spiders (curiously enough mine weren't despawning at all, manualy cleared them from the database and seemed to help get some other aggressives up but still no natural hell creatures) , put some lairs in to see what happens with the hell mobs, also noticed not getting any Seals either.

hota seems to bug out if the server restarts when it is up and running try to restart when its finished

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wasntme said:

hota seems to bug out if the server restarts when it is up and running try to restart when its finished

Confirmed.   Its been that way since, I think, release.  

Confirmation denied, I have had it bug out after a successful one, on the next one, with no server restart in between.

1 hour ago, Xyp said:

Confirmation denied, I have had it bug out after a successful one, on the next one, with no server restart in between.

Just to be clear.  You've had a HOTA bug out with no server restart just one HOTA ends and the next one bugs out? 

Yes, at least 3 occasions for this exact case so far.

Fog spiders may be related to the agg. creature bug, with the nonNewbie hacky-fix in, we noticed a lot less fog spiders spawning. Without non-newbie, they were spawning in droves and invading deeds like crazy.

Issue 1: 

Its now more than a "minor" problem... Its becoming a royal pain in the butt!!!   

The fog spiders reaching 400 not only locks the DB while the login server deletes 300 of them but also leaves a TON of BAD creature ID's left over in the creatures table.    

Issue 2: 

The cluster Achievements transfer..     Even more annoying as I run several clusters..   The more you have the MORE problems you'll have with this fine bug! 

Login 

1 hour ago, razoreqx said:

Issue 1: 

Its now more than a "minor" problem... Its becoming a royal pain in the butt!!!   

The fog spiders reaching 400 not only locks the DB while the login server deletes 300 of them but also leaves a TON of BAD creature ID's left over in the creatures table.    

Issue 2: 

The cluster Achievements transfer..     Even more annoying as I run several clusters..   The more you have the MORE problems you'll have with this fine bug! 

Login 

i hope these two get fixed quite quickly, as more and more servers start adding extra lands to there cluster it will hurt the game more and more.

• Like 1

Yup, had to use a mod to turn off fogspiders and achivements on Valoria. It's gotten to the point now where any of the larger wu servers are having to fix this issue themselves just to stay afloat.

Hellspawns was another thing that once again, we have had to fix ourselves by editting the server.jar. I feel like a lot of the mods and changes I've made lately have just been to make the game playable.