Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Am I ungrateful?

I'd be happy with something completely aesthetic just.....make it something unique.

1 minute ago, Nadroj said:

I'd be happy with something completely aesthetic just.....make it something unique.

It is, and functional too!

unique, i mean, cant be completely aesthetic ANd functional

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It is, and functional too!

unique, i mean, cant be completely aesthetic ANd functional

Can we premium up more accounts after the 6th to get more of this item you are teasing us with now?  I have $200 I am itching to spend on premming up more accounts to get a cool gift but I am not getting suckered again with basically false advertising...

Edited by madnezz

One sleep powder is a unique aesthetic gift for 10 years anniversary (all 10 of which i've played the game) ?

Don't get me wrong i appreciate what you're trying to do but the implementation here was abysmal and you cannot possibly be surprised that people are not happy with RNGesus dictating the possibility that the promised anniversary event gift will be worthwhile. Yes i know you're now stating that everyone shouldn'tget mad because you never said that it's all we're getting but as i said in a previous post tyhat just feels like we got baited into being mad for completely reasonable reasons and now you're trying to salvage it by shaming people for being disappointed.

Overall as i understand it, you wanted this to be a big event and be fun for everyone. Overall so far mate, you've failed.

• Like 3

the box was not the gift, it was a simple random item loot box, as stated.

the 10th anniversary gift is yet to come, some work got held up and once that's done we'll be releasing it

In which case it sounds like you're stating that poor communication is the cause for the community outrage....which...is awkward.

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

the box was not the gift, it was a simple random item loot box, as stated.

the 10th anniversary gift is yet to come, some work got held up and once that's done we'll be releasing it

WTF are you talking about?  Can you please stop with the coded conversation and be straight with us for once?  Just tell us what it is and what are our chances of getting it.

• Like 1

Nope, just a slight delay, I said in several places it wasnt the anniversary gift, or the only one. Plan is for the surprise this weekend!

• Like 1

Can't you see we are really tired of your lackluster surprises, the correct way to handle the PR nightmare you have created is to be upfront and honest with us now.  Not continue your charade of all powerful mystery santa claus.  You just don't get it, do you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madnezz said:

WTF are you talking about?  Can you please stop with the coded conversation and be straight with us for once?  Just tell us what it is and what are our chances of getting it.

cant say what it is just yet, chances are 100% it'll be given out to everyone

Can we premium up more accounts after this ridiculous charade is over and the "gift" has been deemed valuable in order to get more of said gift?

It'll be handed out the same way the gift boxxes were, so I assume relogging will work. and it wont require you being online at a certain time/.

Let's try this another way since reading comprehension is not a strong suit here.

If I pay money to buy premium for an account that is not currently premium AFTER the gift that we have a 100% chance of getting has been revealed will my freshly premium-ed account be eligible for the gift or will the window of opportunity have closed once the gift is made available?

Edited by madnezz

How many days after the gift has been identified do we have to premium up accounts and still receive the gift?  

I'm confused now, a giftbox is given out on the 10 anniversary of wurm going gold, and now days later when the wurm community is unhappy with how it was done, suddenly it's announced "oh we were just kidding that's not the real anniversary gift". What company gives out prank gifts on it's 10th anniversary? There is such a thing as building up the suspense and having it be a good surprise, I believe that time has past. The community by and large is unhappy at a basic commodity being handed out as a 10th anniversary "prize" when it was never mentioned as a prize option but very cool items were. To tell the the community "jokes on you" is a very very dangerous thing when we have no way of knowing anything beyond what is posted in the news section and what we receive ingame. A gift box was promised: a gift box was received on the appointed day. Tread carefully WO :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As I said. yes

In fairness it really doesn't look like you said yes to that question until now O.o

I'm really trying to see this all from both sides and be fair but it's hard considering the attitude. Claiming semantics over the exact wording of what the gift on the 6th would be and claiming after the fact that it was never intended to be the only gift, like we were meant to know, is hardly fair. People are justifiably disappointed because everything in the week prior geared us up to believe that there would be events this coming weekend and a gift on the 6th for the big anniversary. Now saying "we were not ready sorry" or "we'll do a better gift as you're all disappointed" is one thing. But saying "ha you should have known we had more gifts planned even though we never stated that. Also we kinda worded it like you shoul have realised this was "just a nice loot roll gift and not the main thing" so in your face for not deciphering our code!" basically shaming everyone for daring to be disappointed. It can hardly come as a surprise, i feel, that players such as madnezz are wanting clear facts about the next gift seeing as we got so blatently baited with the last one can it?

• Like 1

Can we just move on? They plan to rectify the issue, I don't see the point in creating more fuss about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niki said:

Can we just move on? They plan to rectify the issue, I don't see the point in creating more fuss about it.

You can move on and reply to other threads, I will not.

The things i got are nice. Nothing super - über, but nice.

What i would have done additionally: Hand out 5h SB every day for a whole week. That way all the ppl would log and work away on their free SB, have a good time, and lots of people would be logged in who normally wouldnt do so - at last not for that long a time....

But i really believe that - once again - there was some kind of communication error where stuff that will happen wasnt announced properly. Haha, well i hope that was the reason.  

1 minute ago, Niki said:

The issue for me is that we're being told that its not rectification. It's "we had other plans all along we swear! Even though we didn't tell you that until you all got annoyed".

I feel like i'm being lied to for no reason.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Herrfritz said:

The things i got are nice. Nothing super - über, but nice.

What i would have done additionally: Hand out 5h SB every day for a whole week. That way all the ppl would log and work away on their free SB, have a good time, and lots of people would be logged in who normally wouldnt do so - at last not for that long a time....

But i really believe that - once again - there was some kind of communication error where stuff that will happen wasnt announced properly. Haha, well i hope that was the reason.  

Unlimited sleep bonus for the anniversary week is a great idea.  See devs, this is not hard to do.

• Like 3

i'm totally stoked about the new yule chicken were gonna get!

• Like 7

I usually try to see both sides on things, and generally try to give cc the benefit of the doubt on most things.  But I have to admit that I believe they really do need to work on communication.  With so many people speaking so many languages, clarity is of paramount importance, imo.  And to be honest, I think this latest was as clear as mud.

When so many people have "misinterpreted" something, it seems pretty clear that the fault must lie with how it was worded and not with the people who "misinterpreted."  Trying to invalidate the feelings of those who feel they've been mislead is just adding salt to a wound.

8 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Unlimited sleep bonus for the anniversary week is a great idea.  See devs, this is not hard to do.

Can't be kept in item form, lasts for only that one week and encourages players to come back AND play the whole time! Brilliant idea that would probably bring some people back.