Sign in to follow this  
Radni

What is your secondary game/what game did you leave wurm to go play?

2 hours ago, Pandalet said:

Heh, yes to both the cathedral and mosque.  I generally tailor my (continuous) game setup so that there's an island big enough for each, then land grab early on to make sure I get it.  Or find a frenemy with a large island late-game and boot them off it.  The computer players are terrible at town planning, so it's no loss...

I shall try that this weekend! I have kicked them off little islands but never tried a main island invasion in 1404. I used to run the entire map in the original Anno, flattening one island at a time. 

• Like 1

The building game I played for a number of years before Wurm is called Active Worlds. A much different system though as it is mostly flat panels with various designs according to the type of World you are playing on. My favorite was Mars themed after that planet. You could sort of change the flat terrain by using pieces to build some sharp angled mountainous terrain.

I actually came to Wurm because a good AW builder named eep mentioned on his website that he was playing it. Mauz (dearly departed) came here from AW too. Since her and eep were friends there is the connection to here. Anyway, AW lost its luster to me when I found the much more pleasing environments of Wurm and the more detailed way of shaping them to one's desires.

=Ayes=

I was gone for about 7 months due to burnout, and  I caught up on a bunch of single player RPGs, Pillars of Eternity, Sword Coast Legends, Wasteland 2 and of course Fallout 4 :)

But currently I am having a lot of fun in beta for Fragmented via steam, when I'm not wurmin.

• Like 1

What don't I play? I try so many it's not funny. Wurm is on the back burner atm for me. I'm still play but not exclusively, but then again I never just play wurm.

Playing some more ARK again, Fallout 4, ESO, STO, Dying Light...but Wrum is always there, but only 2 prems running atm.

• Like 1

Recently I've been playing Fallout 4 again, especially with mods.

I barely have time most days to get wurm time in lol. I do tend to afk a lot with the whole mom thing. I did play world of Warcraft for years. But was lured here by friends. I enjoy this so much more. 

The one and only CS:GO. I have this passion for FPS games, though I found those back in 2013, so not too long time ago. Played Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and 4. BF4 was worst, but I played it most. When I got CS:GO, BF's were distant memories.

Now I'm pissed off about CS:GO, not only because they changed the ranking system (was once in good rank...), but because of military service I have lost my skills! That game requires practice and if you don't happen to be a naturally gifted, you are gonna get hit hard in the game. Also bad groups are making me almost quit the game; when groups change and you have no permanent group to play with, it's always frustrating to start with new group and with new tactics and elements.

14 minutes ago, Tracerr said:

Im playing Warframe while mining :>.

Nick? When I have time, I love to do some slaughter in endless Tower IV or Derelict and other high-difficulty missions. :)

Been playing most Elite Dangerous lately since I stopped playing some months back. So far its got the hooks into me for now due to sights like this:

02084c40cc.png

• Like 1

Occasionally I am gone from Wurm for weeks or even few months to play WoW or Eve. Its allways shortlived, there seem to be no goal fitting to me in those games. Getting to a proper active guild in Wow to get to the "hard" raiding takes time, in Eve getting to nullsec coalition to do something meaningful again takes time. The amount of time needed in both games is equal to decent sized project in Wurm which I am more motivated to invest the time into. I guess its a problem that I've been there in Wow, in respectable high profile "HC" guild, in Eve I've commanded fleets in nullsec alliances and I've seen from inside empires grow and fall. Anything short of those activities in those games makes me feel empty inside.

Wurm has allowed me the level of casual gaming to drop and pick up as sporadic as I wish. In Wow/Eve if I skip even a week, people start looking at me funny.

I can no longer put such devotion to games that I would consistently play almost every day for many hours, even though that is still what I do most of the time.

Theres been no "new" game which really held me much from Wurming... but I've tried out so many games released trough the years. Every time I try some new game, the bond between me and Wurm just grows stronger.

• Like 1

eu4, ck2, stellaris any paradox strategy game really. a lot of wurmians hop in for mp too.

other than that i mostly play path of exile.

Guild Wars 2 is the game I ended up leaving Wurm for, for nearly 2 years. >_> Actually played it again yesterday, but I don't have a habit of logging in much anymore except for one day to do the living season content that's been releasing every 2 months now. I'm a lore nerd in MMOs. In most MMOs it's the lore and worldbuilding that suck me in the most.

I guess my secondary games now would be... Overwatch or Skyrim. Probably gonna hop into Resident Evil 7 soon, but I don't see that having replay value to the extent that it'll be something i'll be playing for more than a few days/a week.

I loved GW2 <3

But I left my 5 yr relationship with DDO to play Wurm. I try to get back into it, but it's not the same. Also, so hard to get back into Heroes of Might and Magic V.

I used to play, "pay to win" games on ipad, but they're just too damned expensive, and throw in a little farming simulator,

but now I am full on wurm, if I get bored i'll go pick up one of my tapestries or one of my model cars and do that, but with this testing going on for the WU alpha I don't have time to get bored lol.

With the implementation of Wurm Unlimited, Wurm Online has now become my secondary game. Sometimes I even play them both at the same time with WO on my second computer best suited for a slow poke.

=Ayes=

Playing a little Space Engineers now and then, and keeping an eye on the updates for Medieval Engineers

Does simultaneous count? :D  I play wurm and black desert at the same time. 

Heh, I too came from DDO to Wurm.  I pick up (Open)TTD or Dwarf Fortress from time to time, currently noodling with Factorio.

For me it is Path of Exile (played a lot in Essence and now in Breach, on hardcore servers) and War Thunder (mostly ground forces). Sometimes I am coming back to Warframe and EVE Online as well or try different games, but these are the ones I tend to stick with the most when not playing/working on Wurm or studying.

I play heroes of the storm while grind praying, but im an old school gamer, i like ocarina of time, warcraft 3, halo 3.  Theres also some games i wish i could play but theyre dead now: the first planetside, ogame...... (WoW)