Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

[FIXED] Mouse sometimes keep highlighting as if left mouse button is pressed

A few weeks ago this started happening, where for some unknown reason the mouse just starts highlighting everything as if I am holding down the left button of the mouse.  There is no way to get rid of this bar pressing ctrl+alt+del and selecting end task on Java, then relogging.

Does anybody have any fix for this?

Thanks!

• Like 1

That happened to me too after trying the unstable client. I deleted it.

• Like 2

it happens to me too, but only after i enter a message in one of the chatboxes. Not always, but sometimes.

• Like 1

Are you referring to the Free Look Mode?  This allowed your mouse movement to look around as if you were holding down the left mouse button.  Your cursor becomes a +.

You activate and deactivate this mode by pressing the space bar when the cursor is NOT in the chat window. 

This is in both stable and unstable and has been for quite some time - try it and let me know if that is what you are experiencing.

• Like 1

My mouse skips into this without me doing anything...how do I get out of it once it happens?

• Like 2

You may have hit the space bar - that will toggle it on and off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alectrys said:

You may have hit the space bar - that will toggle it on and off.

It never used to happen in all the time I've played, but the past few weeks it has driven me crazy! Of course we hit the space bar at times, always have, always will being the speed typists most of us are. ;-)  But seriously, it happens far too often for it just to be hitting space bar IMHO.  My point being I've not changed my keyboard of keyboarding style, yet the game seems obsessed with 'grabbing my cursor' into free look mode.  Can be disastrous is combat or near cliff ... or docks. (in case Pingpong reads stuff LOL) Maybe we should just unbind mouse free look?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magykal said:

It never used to happen in all the time I've played, but the past few weeks it has driven me crazy! Of course we hit the space bar at times, always have, always will being the speed typists most of us are. ;-)  But seriously, it happens far too often for it just to be hitting space bar IMHO.  My point being I've not changed my keyboard of keyboarding style, yet the game seems obsessed with 'grabbing my cursor' into free look mode.  Can be disastrous is combat or near cliff ... or docks. (in case Pingpong reads stuff LOL) Maybe we should just unbind mouse free look?

You can bind the Free Look Mode to another key - look under settings - keybinds - movement (it's at the bottom).  

I know a number of people have hit it be accident, including new players trying to use the space bar for 'jumping' ;)

You can bind it to another key for toggling or if it's something you won't use, set it to blank.

There are also 3 options you can turn off in settings under GAME which will disable free look mode in certain instances.  

I personally don't use free look mode, but I know some people rather enjoy it.  The settings are there for you to change.

• Like 1

This happens to me as well, plus the freeze camera as you embark on a cart.  I am sure they are not related but makes it necessary to relog.  Not good for game immersion, that is for sure.

11 hours ago, elf said:

This happens to me as well, plus the freeze camera as you embark on a cart.  I am sure they are not related but makes it necessary to relog.  Not good for game immersion, that is for sure.

The camera freeze on cart embarking is not related and is listed elsewhere and in the bug list.  This issue is not a bug but a result of the free look mode.  You can change the keybind so that hitting the space bar does not toggle this for you.

2 hours ago, Alectrys said:

The camera freeze on cart embarking is not related and is listed elsewhere and in the bug list.  This issue is not a bug but a result of the free look mode.  You can change the keybind so that hitting the space bar does not toggle this for you.

I unbound free look, since like you I don't use it.  Still keeps grabbing my cursor.  Maybe I'll bind free look to some obscure key I'd never use and would rarely accidentally hit - like maybe the right alt key.  But if it's not bound to any key, it shouldn't be happening, eh? Maybe today's graphics update rebound it.  I'll check later.

• Like 1

Be sure you rebind it on all  your configs as well.  I often forget that because I use so many live and test alts for testing.  Sometimes they log in with a different config which really throws off my test results.