Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

[Abandoned] Gambler Mod

So, Working on a gambler mod, hoping to have Alpha ready next week, thought I would go ahead and post this up to get comments/suggestions.

What I have in theorycraft right now is:

Configurable Entry Fee

Configurable win %

If winner configurable 3 sets of tiers, configure the % chance of landing in a tier, must total 100% chance as the player already won.

Tier 1, configurable 3 items 1 chosen at random for winner

Tier 2, configurable 5 items 1 chosen at random for winner

Tier 3, configurable 10 items 1 chosen at random for winner.

Losers get a pig food.

Example

2s entry fee

5% chance to win

1% winner chance at jackpot

24% winner chance at High Quality

75% winner chance at good item

Losers get a pig food

Sorry guys this got abandoned due to potential legal issues. You can say what you want but my lawyer recommended against it, or asked me to pay fees to him to write a license agreement I don't want to pay.

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 6

This is one of the ideas I am working on to drain silver off of the economy for servers that use bounty mod, as some of those hunters start to get really rich. Could be used on any server for any reason, but the intent for myself is this.

• Like 2

Just an update that this is not abandoned, work is coming along. I had a full day of internet outage this week which  prompted me to go outside for a day..and got sunburned, remembered why I don't go outside LOL. Also I needed to work on fixing a bug with one of my player gods, plus a request that my players have had for some time I got done this week. Anyway still plugging on this, will update as soon as possible, my players are looking forward to this as well!

Ok, I have the alpha of this ready but I need to wait before I use or release it. I am going to have my lawyer crawl all over it and make sure its okie dokie.

I have a pretty good knowledge of the laws for gambling etc, from owning sweepstakes businesses and even having 1 seized losing 20,000$ worth of computers to the state lol. I am pretty sure everything is ok with how it is set up as long as entry is able to be earned without paying real cash (i.e. earn silver in game). But, double checking is the smart move. I will let you know what he says and release the mod if he thumbs up, or if he says something needs to be changed I will work on the changes.

Thank you for your patience guys.

Edited by Xyp

4 hours ago, Xyp said:

Ok, I have the alpha of this ready but I need to wait before I use or release it. I am going to have my lawyer crawl all over it and make sure its okie dokie.

I have a pretty good knowledge of the laws for gambling etc, from owning sweepstakes businesses and even having 1 seized losing 20,000$ worth of computers to the state lol. I am pretty sure everything is ok with how it is set up as long as entry is able to be earned without paying real cash (i.e. earn silver in game). But, double checking is the smart move. I will let you know what he says and release the mod if he thumbs up, or if he says something needs to be changed I will work on the changes.

Thank you for your patience guys.

Lawyer?   is this for real money or in game coin?   if so how about bitcoin?   

Well you would spend silver to gamble, but 1 I sell silver, 2 its better to be safe than sorry with anything dealing with luck. He is running it through all the ringers but so far he said first glance I would probably want to give a "free" use once every 24 hours.

• Like 1

Are you still working on this at all? Would be cool to have going on a server for added entertainment. Hope to see it someday :-)

I don't know where you are from but I do know a bit about US laws. This is a similar issue Linden Labs dealt with in their Second Life platform. The bulk of legal problems really only come into play if you give people a method to convert the digital currency back into RL money. If you give them no method to buy the digital currency other than to earn it in game even safer. But the core for the US (IRS) is the two way conversion of currency, which leads into other problems such as what state the server is physically hosted in and that states gambling laws. Not having a method to 'cash out' seems to negate the legal headaches on all fronts.

• Like 1