Sign in to follow this  
Kswords

[Fixed] Embark bug

Embarking on a large cart and you can't move.

Disembarking drops you from the cart and you still can't move.

/stuck places you on the center of the tile and you still can't move.

Relogging fixes the issue, but it's just a band-aid on the bug that hasn't been fixed in the past 5 years?

• Like 4

I'm getting this with my ship. I've tried to relog (out for /lotime). But cant get over this. I just cant get back to my ship so that I could drive it. Check my client info from other thread here:

I tried several times. No success :/ Can't play..
Read this and do something:

has happened to me in pvp boarding a sailboat before and got me killed, luckily the rest of my group was able to get away after i died and one of them took over as captain

Already in the bug list and reported in various other threads on this board.  All are listed with the bug.

still bugged, very frustrating

5914fbdd0e58edac3df25fb78cb33264.gif

added bonus if you relog now and embark on the boat again it wont register any of your wasd/x keypresses and the boat will not move or respond to any of your input. disembarking and reembarking, dragging/pushing the boat, doing /stuck, embarking as passenger wont even fix it. not even relogging a second time will fix it. my boat is unusable now lol [19:18:30] You need to be on solid ground to do that.  yesterday i got this bug and riding a horse fixed my boat, so now i'm stranded wandering around looking for a horse to ride lol

edit: WOOHOO found a horse and fixed my boat. what a strange bug

f2f0904cf5afef0f7c9717d0945f24ee.gif

Edited by Alexgopen

Welcome to Wurm Online, how may we not fix your game breaking bug that was reported 3 months ago and happens to people 6 times a day no worries its on some list that we seem ignore for months to years on end and stretches to the moon and back.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

Welcome to Wurm Online, how may we not fix your game breaking bug that was reported 3 months ago and happens to people 6 times a day no worries its on some list that we seem ignore for months to years on end and stretches to the moon and back.

3 months ago?

April 2012:

March 2014:

May 2015:

August 2015:

December 2015:

March 2016:

• Like 2

@Alectrys

Wanted to add a note to this and figured it might help with fixing it. When embarking on my cart and or wagon (haven't tried on boat and it doesn't seem to happen on horse back), every time without fail I am able to reproduce this bug by walking up to my wagon and while walking to it I embark it. It doesn't matter how far from the cart or wagon I am I could be right up on it. But if I do the walking embark every single time I get the bug. I tried it several times and it literally happened every single times 10 out of 10 times. 

This honestly is the worst bug because it is just so annoying having to log out to fix it. I hope this helps fix it. 

If you need anything feel free to PM me. 

Edited by Zachariah

On 9/5/2016 at 6:30 PM, Zachariah said:

@Alectrys

Wanted to add a note to this and figured it might help with fixing it. When embarking on my cart and or wagon (haven't tried on boat and it doesn't seem to happen on horse back), every time without fail I am able to reproduce this bug by walking up to my wagon and while walking to it I embark it. It doesn't matter how far from the cart or wagon I am I could be right up on it. But if I do the walking embark every single time I get the bug. I tried it several times and it literally happened every single times 10 out of 10 times. 

This honestly is the worst bug because it is just so annoying having to log out to fix it. I hope this helps fix it. 

If you need anything feel free to PM me. 

@ZachariahCan you give some more info on your setup to reproduce this? I've never had this issue when playing and can't reproduce it on test at all by running towards a cart and embarking - making it close to impossible to debug and fix effectively.

1 hour ago, Budda said:

@ZachariahCan you give some more info on your setup to reproduce this? I've never had this issue when playing and can't reproduce it on test at all by running towards a cart and embarking - making it close to impossible to debug and fix effectively.

@BuddaI will do some more official testing tomorrow. I just noticed that the other day when expanding a deed and building a few houses I would have to stop a second before I embarked if I wasn't already standing next to the vehicle. So I just did it a few times, walking out of embark range and walking back into embark range. If I remember from the small testing I did it happened when I would be in embark distance but not close enough to open the cart. Added with that I would have to be in motion and thats when I would get stuck. 

It seems to happen when you are in a rush and moving when you jump onto the wagon, it does not happen every time though that is for sure.

This never happened to me until I switched to a laptop, I just freeze and my vehicle vanishes. disembarking does nothing for me also. Happens when I embark on a boat and horse, it's rare and I can't even seem to make it happen on purpose.

Seems this is still happening, more so on Elevation than anywhere else I've noticed.  From various reports I've seen ingame cpu speed is a factor, but it will happen occasionally on all machines.

Bump, happening everywhere still. Even if the toon is not moving.

Hard to fix and hard to endure when it keeps causing a players death in different situations, where many times we have to pay from our own pocket to restore what ever stuff we lost when we died for a glicth.

Oh and then for example if its a horse after we relog, we need to disembarq it, lead it again and embarq again, since after we relog if we try to move, it just turns not leaving the same place. Try to do that in combat tough....

I've died to this while parking my wagon on a ledge. Get out on a safe tile, sprout a tree, get back on and get stuck... Requiring me to disembark on the same tile I am on, tumbling to my death.

Game breaking bug that needs fixing. Can get particularily bad on ships requiring multiple relogs.

I also noticed it gets particularily bad/happens more often when logging over an active client (you relog a logged in character while trying to log in an alt). Might be worth exploring that venue. Seems hard to reproduce.

I have a feeling it might have to do with multiple clients on the same machine.

Seriously WTF is going on with Wurm.

Now I'm getting a disembark bug that is killing me.  Every time I get on a sailboat and try to get off, I take damage and can't move.  If you press forward you take 25% hits of damage each time.  I have to embark and disembark 4 times while healing just to get off the boat.

It keeps happening to me today.  Every time I get off my sailboat I get stuck and start getting massive damage.  Now I can't play today, because I don't want to stay at my deed all day and risk getting killed on Chaos from disembarking a boat.  Really starting to just not like playing...  Haven't been able to play seriously in the past few days from bugs.

Posting a bug report after this.