DevBlog

Unstable Client Update

34 posts in this topic

The unstable client has had an update fixing various reported bugs in the new rendering engine. If you experienced any bugs, crashes or other issues before, check to see if they have been solved. If not please add a note to your bug report on the forums that it has not been fixed.

The forum for client bugs can be found here:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/27-client-bugs/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well tried the unstable again it worked but was only getting 1fps.

So I fired up a smoke went online and ordered a new toy, got my monies worth out of the rig I have,

Now if I get 1 fps on the new toy I will ######!! :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still below 5 fps on amd gpu

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when devs are making new client, please DO NOT IMPLEMENT YOUR PERSONAL KEY BINDS IN OFFICIAL RELEASE  !

 

 There is no need for you to alter my personal key bindings :

Spoiler

Java Web Start 11.91.2.14
Using JRE version 1.8.0_91-b14 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Mark Silard
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
p:   reload proxy configuration
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Time is Tue May 31 19:32:28 CEST 2016
Running client version 4.00-d58b0ec [unstable]

=== System information ===
Executing from C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\
Operating system: Windows 8.1 (arch: amd64, version: 6.3)
Java version: 1.8.0_91 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
Jvm version: 25.91-b14 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
Available CPUs: 2

>>> Main thread exiting.
Loading character MarkSilard
Loading config default
Loading props file C:\wurm\configs\default\gamesettings.txt
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library lwjgl64.dll
Executing C:\wurm\configs\default\keybindings.txt
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_BACK: DOWN
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_FORWARD: UP
Loading props file C:\wurm\players\MarkSilard\password.txt
CacheEntry[http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/battles/stats.xml]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Tue May 31 13:42:37 CEST 2016,length=853
Loading config mimimum
Loading props file C:\wurm\configs\mimimum\gamesettings.txt
Executing C:\wurm\configs\mimimum\keybindings.txt
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_FORWARD: W
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_BACK: S
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_LEFT: A
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_RIGHT: D
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_LEFT: LEFT
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_RIGHT: RIGHT
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_UP: PAGE_UP
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_DOWN: PAGE_DOWN
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for AUTORUN: Y
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for STRAFE: INSERT
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for CENTER_VIEW: V
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHAT: ENTER
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for STOP_OR_MAIN_MENU: ESCAPE
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_FIGHT_SPAM: SHIFT+F
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHARACTER_WINDOW: SHIFT+C
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHARACTER: C
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_HUD_SETTINGS: SHIFT+H
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CRAFTING_RECIPES: N
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle console": F1
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle skills": F2
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle inventory": F3
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle stats": F4
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /sleep": F5
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /time": F6
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle gui": F12
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "screenshot": F11
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for EQUIP: E
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for UNEQUIP: TAB
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for SELL: SPACE
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for IMPROVE: I
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for REPAIR: U
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for ACTIVATE: MOUSE2
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for OPEN: R
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TAKE: T
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for PUSH: O
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for PULL: P
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for FORAGE: F
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for BOTANIZE: B
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for DIG: J
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for PACK: K
Keybinds UI: Key L already bound to LOAD_CARGO. Replaced with LEVEL
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MINE_SURFACE: PERIOD
Keybinds UI: Key Z already bound to EXAMINE. Replaced with MINE_TUNNEL
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MINE_FORWARD: M
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TARGET: Q
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHAT: X
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_FORWARD: UP
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_BACK: DOWN
Keybinds UI: Key SHIFT+P already bound to "TOGGLE SPELLEFFECTS". Replaced with "say anyone from Hourglass Harbour? Found horse Thunderbrisk branded by that village"
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /weather": F7
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /who": F8
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /fsleep": F10

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was 100% not something in the client... I checked the default keybinds and the code commits.

 

I'm pretty sure this is it reading in your local settings and telling you that it's replacing the defaults with whatever you have in your files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1fps on medium settings brand new pc amd set...   cost me 1k eur and cant run wurm unstable client... no problems with stable

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sila said:

1fps on medium settings brand new pc amd set...   cost me 1k eur and cant run wurm unstable client... no problems with stable

 

My settings are always maxxed out - while unstable isn't as smooth as stable, it's never been 1fps.

 

nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4GB RAM
16GB system RAM
Rather old Athlon FX 3.4ghz quad core (it's my current bottleneck)

Running Windows 10

 

Max settings, 5-10fps through thick trees and running at GM flight speed... 30-40fps when walking normally.

 

How much less are your specs than mine so I have a good idea to gauge by?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MarkSilard said:

when devs are making new client, please DO NOT IMPLEMENT YOUR PERSONAL KEY BINDS IN OFFICIAL RELEASE  !

 

 There is no need for you to alter my personal key bindings :

  Reveal hidden contents

Java Web Start 11.91.2.14
Using JRE version 1.8.0_91-b14 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Mark Silard
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
p:   reload proxy configuration
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Time is Tue May 31 19:32:28 CEST 2016
Running client version 4.00-d58b0ec [unstable]

=== System information ===
Executing from C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\
Operating system: Windows 8.1 (arch: amd64, version: 6.3)
Java version: 1.8.0_91 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
Jvm version: 25.91-b14 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
Available CPUs: 2

>>> Main thread exiting.
Loading character MarkSilard
Loading config default
Loading props file C:\wurm\configs\default\gamesettings.txt
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library lwjgl64.dll
Executing C:\wurm\configs\default\keybindings.txt
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_BACK: DOWN
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_FORWARD: UP
Loading props file C:\wurm\players\MarkSilard\password.txt
CacheEntry[http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/battles/stats.xml]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Tue May 31 13:42:37 CEST 2016,length=853
Loading config mimimum
Loading props file C:\wurm\configs\mimimum\gamesettings.txt
Executing C:\wurm\configs\mimimum\keybindings.txt
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_FORWARD: W
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_BACK: S
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_LEFT: A
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_RIGHT: D
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_LEFT: LEFT
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_RIGHT: RIGHT
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_UP: PAGE_UP
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TURN_DOWN: PAGE_DOWN
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for AUTORUN: Y
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for STRAFE: INSERT
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for CENTER_VIEW: V
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHAT: ENTER
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for STOP_OR_MAIN_MENU: ESCAPE
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_FIGHT_SPAM: SHIFT+F
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHARACTER_WINDOW: SHIFT+C
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHARACTER: C
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_HUD_SETTINGS: SHIFT+H
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CRAFTING_RECIPES: N
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle console": F1
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle skills": F2
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle inventory": F3
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle stats": F4
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /sleep": F5
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /time": F6
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "toggle gui": F12
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "screenshot": F11
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for EQUIP: E
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for UNEQUIP: TAB
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for SELL: SPACE
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for IMPROVE: I
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for REPAIR: U
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for ACTIVATE: MOUSE2
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for OPEN: R
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TAKE: T
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for PUSH: O
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for PULL: P
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for FORAGE: F
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for BOTANIZE: B
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for DIG: J
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for PACK: K
Keybinds UI: Key L already bound to LOAD_CARGO. Replaced with LEVEL
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MINE_SURFACE: PERIOD
Keybinds UI: Key Z already bound to EXAMINE. Replaced with MINE_TUNNEL
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MINE_FORWARD: M
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TARGET: Q
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for TOGGLE_CHAT: X
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_FORWARD: UP
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for MOVE_BACK: DOWN
Keybinds UI: Key SHIFT+P already bound to "TOGGLE SPELLEFFECTS". Replaced with "say anyone from Hourglass Harbour? Found horse Thunderbrisk branded by that village"
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /weather": F7
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /who": F8
Keybinds UI: Secondary keybind for "say /fsleep": F10

 

 

 

This is your own keybinds overwriting your own keybinds. A key can only be bound to one action, so when it loads the keybindings file, and loads a line with a key that was already bound however many liens above, it will overwrite that bind with the new one. I suggest you check your keybindings file and sort out any binds that are using the same key or key combos so the one you actually want gets loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sila said:

1fps on medium settings brand new pc amd set...   cost me 1k eur and cant run wurm unstable client... no problems with stable

 

Thanks Sila, there are some issues with AMD cards at the moment, we are working through them.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 2 computers, both using AMD Radeon 7850 cards, one with less memory / older processor / etc. Running my standard (high) settings on my good computer, I still only get ~16 fps max. My crappier computer (on much lower settings), suprisingly enough, jumped to 45 fps today (both had previously been at ~16fps on unstable). I was going to test lowering my settings on my good computer to see if it made a significant change now (it didn't before), but I started reconnecting constantly and gave up to go back to stable. :\

 

If I had to guess though, render distance may be playing a big part in continued fps issues. If it helps any, settings on my main character here (getting 16 fps on a better computer) vs my priest alt here (getting 45 on a crappier computer).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Keenan said:

How much less are your specs than mine so I have a good idea to gauge by?

 

my computer is equivalent but amd graphics (amd r9 280x 3GB) but i get 5fps, meanwhile stable-client is a butter smooth and issue-free 60fps

Edited by permo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unstable for me is just freezing up after a few minutes in game. I can't move, i can't even click to x out of game.   I have used unstable client for most of my Wurm 10 year life. Stable client

no problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMD  FX 8320 eight core processor   3.5ghz

16 gb ram

64bit windows  8.1

ddr5 2gb  AMD radeon R9  200 series

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nvidia GeForce 710M (1GB)

4GB DDR3 ram

64bits Win10.

 

Unstable :

Client 1# Empty island in the middle of nowhere with almost nothing on it, run as properly as it did on the test server.

Client 2# Usual deed, plenty of trees, walls. Stop responding as soon as the world start to render.

(same settings on both - which were used successfully on the test server)

 

Stable :

Well, works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build: 002fd97

Issues Fixed:

  • Perpetual winter
  • Text error in settings tooltip
  • Second phobia setting removed
  • Hitched animals follow terrain
  • Vertex buffer lock crash fixes
  • Shadowmap crash fixes
  • VBO fixes
  • Shader/program loading errors
  • Mission bars restored to pre-rift heights

 

Changing the build version, this build will be going live with the server restart this morning. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter is gone. Vertex buffer lock crash is gone. Mission heights are back to normal. FPS is still 3.

 

V4JidPb.jpg

 

It seems I have plenty to CPU, GPU, and RAM left. It has to be something in the settings. Any idea what it could be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VBO support: disabled it. FPS went from 3 to 21. Still not up there where it should be but... it's a start. This is an intel workaround. I have an AMD card. The tool tips might now show all the info about it though. But, this really upped the FPS. It would be playable this way. I just haven't looked to see what it affects in the game yet - water, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Audrel said:

VBO support: disabled it. FPS went from 3 to 21. Still not up there where it should be but... it's a start. This is an intel workaround. I have an AMD card. The tool tips might now show all the info about it though. But, this really upped the FPS. It would be playable this way. I just haven't looked to see what it affects in the game yet - water, etc.

 

 

We are aware of and working on some issues with AMD-based cards and performance. I'll relay the note about VBO though, that could be helpful.

 

Thanks :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KeenanHot off the press...

 

Crashed after disconnect. I sailed under a bridge. It disconnected then crashed. Now it will not load. I will go to stable and clear the bridge before continuing testing. 

 

Game loop broken due to exception
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(Unknown Source)
    at class.WO64dABs39.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:662)
    at class.WO64dABs39.XwhlvVTrl(SourceFile:542)
    at class.bQecKPCrYb.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:251)
    at com.wurmonline.client.BILF1iey6X.fgtPPuD8uC(SourceFile:7480)
    at com.wurmonline.client.BILF1iey6X.run(SourceFile:36301)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Startup Phase - Disconnected, trying to reconnect...
Disabling Nagles
Disabling Nagles
Login successful
Exception in thread "Job executor 0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at class.UahdMvwViy.BILF1iey6X(SourceFile:2014)
    at class.R176dn0j19.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:401)
    at class.i7gDASy4nZ.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:184)
    at class.i7gDASy4nZ.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:54)
    at class.dMve92WOc5.run(SourceFile:86)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

 

Edited by Audrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still getting reconnects with the new unstable client out today while the stable is doing fine as always. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what happened but now it will not load. It locked up immediately before any terrain is drawn.

 

Exception in thread "Job executor 2" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at class.E4tSiMYkh9.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:941)
    at class.E4tSiMYkh9.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:915)
    at class.kUMnOTdUJi.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:268)
    at class.dMve92WOc5.run(SourceFile:86)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This crash is happening almost exclusively with a bridge in the render area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting decent fps on unstable with the VBO disabled. It's nice being able to enjoy the new coloring and move at the same time XD. My deed is full of dyed items so it's looking really cool now.

 

Edit: Lots of reconnects on it though. Won't be using it for any hunting or sailing that's for sure lol.

Edited by luvable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now