Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Combative Situations

So as many of you had reported, some creatures seemed to have been given a bit more oomph in their combat ability. Thanks to numerous reports and being able to cross reference things, we discovered the issue and was able to actually disable it on all Freedom servers without a restart.

As some had pointed out, creatures on Epic have been a bit more powerful for quite some time. This was due to a new combat system that was rolled out just over a year ago, and was intended on making it's way to the live servers after testing and tweaks. An inadvertent version number bump had caused this system to go live early, making for some creatures to be more difficult, such as trolls.

We do apologize for any inconvenience.

• Like 10

Will there be a post in the near future explaining this new system in more detail? I'm curious.

Tell me about it. I fought a wildcat today and it kicked my a$$. Nerf cats!

2 minutes ago, Valdor said:

Tell me about it. I fought a wildcat today and it kicked my a$$. Nerf cats!

The only creatures that used this new system right now were bears, trolls, seals, and death crawler minions. Sorry, you're on your own for the wildcat :)

• Like 11

Well good, People were complaining about it. I thought i was just weak or something.

Do i get compensation?

(Give me [Clairvoyant] pls)

Edited by Alexgopen

Just now, Alexgopen said:

Do i get compensation?

As a developer, I am just stating the technical facts. Compensation is not my call, but I know I won't be asking for it as a player myself. While these creatures were more difficult, it was fairly obvious and very easy to counter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keenan said:

As a developer, I am just stating the technical facts. Compensation is not my call, but I know I won't be asking for it as a player myself. While these creatures were more difficult, it was fairly obvious and very easy to counter.

plzzzzzzzzz??

Just now, Alexgopen said:

plzzzzzzzzz??

Bridge speed was fixed. Border crossing, we tried something and will be trying something else soon.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by compensation now. I was assuming you got owned by a mad troll. ;)

2 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Bridge speed was fixed. Border crossing, we tried something and will be trying something else soon.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by compensation now. I was assuming you got owned by a mad troll. ;)

i solve all duh bugs

WTT infos on how to still trade silver mirrors for [Clairvoyant] title

1 minute ago, Alexgopen said:

WTT infos on how to still trade silver mirrors for [Clairvoyant] title

Truth be told, @MrGARYtold me this before you posted it. It wasn't until our QA wonder woman put it all together that I finally got the clue. :)

But alas, titles are not for me to be handing out.

Do I get a title? For fixing it? :P

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

Truth be told, @MrGARYtold me this before you posted it. It wasn't until our QA wonder woman put it all together that I finally got the clue. :)

But alas, titles are not for me to be handing out.

Do I get a title? For fixing it? :P

Technically i've given you one before.... Just sayin. So make with the return on my investement dammit! :P

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

Will bugfix for titles

Sadly you have to find a money/item duplication bug, abuse it a little bit, then report it for your title.

3 minutes ago, vinius said:

Sadly you have to find a money/item duplication bug, abuse it a little bit, then report it for your title.

i reported an item triplication one to enki before and no title :(

2c4f8869bdd24ba7b79d69339f1051eb.png

Edited by Alexgopen

Thank you Keenan and the devs for fixing this. I am happy that I can now kill trolls again. I almost got owned by the first one I came across after the trolls started to seem to hit a lot faster and harder. I now can ride across the servers and not be afraid of running into a troll. 

Dev response to strong trolls on:

Freedom = ZOMG so broken those poor things totally bug remove them

Epic = HAHAHA get ###### let them suffer they absolutely hate them but they can suck it

10 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

i reported an item triplication one to enki before and no title :(

needs to be more significant than that lmao

1. I found the infinity shaft bug (Zeke apparently found it out for quite a while, can't say if he abused it). Xallo reported it, got the clairvoyant title and quit epic.

2. Iorveth and I found a bug that allowed you to create 'ghost' items in your inventory, which pulled resources out of BSBs around the server. Rudie got the Jackburton account permabanned while flatraising an island out of the ocean.

3. The BL exploit squad found another item duplication bug on the test server to do with bridges. Finally got the title.

reported a bug that allowed you to get 100 lockpicking in a few days, and a few points of body control per day

2 minutes ago, vinius said:

needs to be more significant than that lmao

1. I found the infinity shaft bug (Zeke apparently found it out for quite a while, can't say if he abused it). Xallo reported it, got the clairvoyant title and quit epic.

2. Iorveth and I found a bug that allowed you to create 'ghost' items in your inventory, which pulled resources out of BSBs around the server. Rudie got the Jackburton account permabanned while flatraising an island out of the ocean.

3. The BL exploit squad found another item duplication bug on the test server to do with bridges. Finally got the title.

Does forcibly converting an unknowing victim to a kingdom of your choice without them having any conversion menu come up and without having to do /invitations count?

3 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

Does forcibly converting an unknowing victim to a kingdom of your choice without them having any conversion menu come up and without having to do /invitations count?

unless it was exploited for personal gain that really does not seem to severe