Sign in to follow this  
KyleBooze

Mine House Walls

I would like to suggest adding all wall types to underground houses for better customization.

• Like 7

nope, though i would go for more types of stone, slate, clay and marble varieties.

+1
If you can build it on the surface, you can build it under the surface.

I could see using other wall types for inner walls.. but I'd have to agree outer walls need be made from stone.

I don't think it makes any difference it is not in my mine and i will probably never see it so let people build them out of what they want.

• Like 2

Even with the stone house walls we are only allowed to build the plain types, so it seems they are going for a consistent rock type ambiance within mines. I think wood types of houses would be out of character considering this.

=Ayes=

You don't have to build it if you feel it'd be out of character then.

+1

• Like 1

+1  We all cart/wagon in materials for our homes.  Not being able to build all wall types underground is like saying you can't build a stone wall because your house in in the middle of trees.  This is a sandbox, I don't understand why we keep getting limits on 'style'.  Let us have our fun, if I chose to make something ugly, it is my choice and part of being in a sandbox community. Give us access to our creativity!!

I know some people with very little masonry skill that were disappointed with the single house wall option, we really should be able to built all wall types underground.

I would like to know the reason for only being allowed the one style, hell it don't even have proper windows.

+1

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I know some people with very little masonry skill that were disappointed with the single house wall option, we really should be able to built all wall types underground.

I would like to know the reason for only being allowed the one style, hell it don't even have proper windows.

+1

The short answer is because.  The longer answer probably involves bug checking, less variants means easier troubleshooting.

3 hours ago, Tallios said:

The short answer is because.  The longer answer probably involves bug checking, less variants means easier troubleshooting.

oh, that I call "progressive views" ... perhaps you should return onto trees and forget any language ever existed, if you are such enemy of any progress ...

I hope once we will be able to build timber framed houses in mines, for their contrast against mine walls ;)

2 hours ago, Zakerak said:

oh, that I call "progressive views" ... perhaps you should return onto trees and forget any language ever existed, if you are such enemy of any progress ...

I hope once we will be able to build timber framed houses in mines, for their contrast against mine walls ;)

I'm not against the desires to have more variety within the game, I'm merely pointing out the logical and logistical issues of new content release.

I think the reason may of been it was just simply faster/easier to code in only a single wall type.

I don't see what reason there is to disallow non-stone walls. After all, you can have any sort of wall on a wooden foundation, can't you? Timber-framed walls already have this, even.

Are they using stone walls as a RP way of preventing collapse? I do not rem seeing official post on chance if any of cave in on houses? Is it zero chance for house?

Or maybe the dev's just don't believe in players wanting to do there own thing underground.

Will continue to speculate till a official reason is given.

You know you don't have to bump the thread three times in as many minutes, right?

Edited by Ostentatio

+1

If you are going to spend the time to code it, you should at least make it include the existing limitations, not create new ones.

It would help if a dev would take the time to explain a few things, say the hell with you, you get plain stone walls only, and you will like it, or maybe we are working on adding more options.

I still want to know if there is a chance for a cave in on top of your house as well.

• Like 1