Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

Pristine Wild Horses

I have recently returned to Wurm after a few months gone.   I am on PRISTINE, and have searched all over for days, to find a wild horse, there is NOT ONE, NONE, NADA, NO HORSES, NO WHERE, not in the water, not on islands, none in the desert, nor the forests, no tundra spawns, there are no Wild Horses on Pristine. I have had people come by asking me if I had seen any wild horses, and I tell them the time I have spent looking, and come back with nothing.  There are tons of bison, deer, sheep, pigs, cows bulls, dogs.

I am hoping that maybe this could be looked at and fixed.

Thank you so much in advance for your kind attention to this problem.  smiley face

try the NW corner. Mob AI In wurm typically goes up in height and north west in the ocean. don't ask me why, its just the logic behind it. 

Wild horses are not spawning on Pristine in more than a year and a half now.

A number of people are simply turning loose their 4s or slower horses, as they breed up to get all 5s+ horses.  But you are right... I've not seen a wild since returning to Pristine 6 months ago.

horses are (in WU source) limited to 7% of the server population (so about 3k on indy, 1.8k on pri). I think established servers are well beyond that.

I say excluding bred mobs from the percentage count would be a good idea

• Like 3

check in the southern waters, i found some horses there...
(yes in the water)

3 hours ago, asdf said:

horses are (in WU source) limited to 7% of the server population (so about 3k on indy, 1.8k on pri). I think established servers are well beyond that.

I say excluding bred mobs from the percentage count would be a good idea

This, 

I have also been looking on pristine for horses for 2 days and was able to find 1 horse. (Wild).

I notice exactly the same on Independence, could not find a single wild horse anywhere. I assume other servers run into the same problem.

If we are on this subject anyway, i barely see any Unicorns spawn either on pristine, while there is loads of bisons respawning, so the friendly mob pool cant be full?

In game any one who wants 4 speeds can contact serraphine or leave me a message here.  I gave those  away for free. Or if I am running out of room just turn them loose.

• Like 1

Is not about bred horses, if anyone wants any, is about wild ones not spawning ..

Whatever code says, anyone counts the max number of possible horses, but no one says what's max number of bison? there are literally thousands of bison, THOUSANDS.

In the past year very people were actively playing and very few kept breeding many many horses, nowadays they might be reached the cap, but wasn't the same a year or 6 months ago.

Only the bison were the same .. since 2014 ..

I can bet an Uttacha slime charge the horse you found was a venerable cared for, WKM :P

I think that there is an error in mechanics here, i have also travelled around large part of Pristine this few weeks and have not encountered a single wild horse. Not in desert, grassland, steppe or tundra.  

Although the herds of bisons are a really nice sight once in a while :)

and still.... I ride .... I sail..... not a wild horse on land nor sea..... (heavy sigh)

would it really be so difficult to maybe have a GM spawn a couple dozen or so horses in various places, we could search for them like easter eggs

this could be a temporary fix to the "broken spawn" thingy

I have a sparkly new knapsack.... and champagne..... but sadly .. no wild horse.

[18:21:39] You start leading an aged horse.

Second one I found today, this one is grey, first one was black,

They are back!!

• Like 4

I found a Brown one, Lady Godiva found a few, and I saw a player visiting from Xanadu on a grey. So wild horses \o/

• Like 2