Sign in to follow this  
Aeryck

Increase felled tree interact range

Please allow us to pick up or interact with felled tree anywhere on the object.

• Like 7

I think it is the archaeology feature of wurm where you are fooling around at same place with great patience until you finally find the spot

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Simyaci said:

I think it is the archaeology feature of wurm where you are fooling around at same place with great patience until you finally find the spot

I think the person who designed felled trees in Wurm is the same person who created the USB port.

FRH0GIUID7UVN3U.MEDIUM.jpg

• Like 3

The tree is technically "dropped" on the tile from which they are chopped.  The rest is strictly a graphic.  This is how it ends up being an obstruction that highlights a large area that is non-interact able.  I'm almost certain that they will not allow this to change unless by some miracle they change game engines.

It helps to pick up each tree as it is cut, then drop the tree while facing a consistent direction; clear-cut an area and leave all the leafy tops pointing away from your wagon's approach. Each tree can then be grabbed and placed into the wagon rather easily. 

9 hours ago, Meldichoir said:

It helps to pick up each tree as it is cut, then drop the tree while facing a consistent direction; clear-cut an area and leave all the leafy tops pointing away from your wagon's approach. Each tree can then be grabbed and placed into the wagon rather easily. 

this is assuming that the person has the necessary strength to do so.

15 hours ago, Tallios said:

I'm almost certain that they will not allow this to change

4 hours ago, Tallios said:

this is assuming that the person has the necessary strength to do so.

Well, you had better work on your strength since they're not going to fix it. I didn't realize trees were heavy, sorry. 

+1

We should at the very least always be able to "reach" the felled tree from where we were able to "reach" it to chop it down in the first place. 

Ordinarily it's not that much of a problem, but then there's always those trees you cut on or next to hillsides, while standing in a perfectly safe place.  You are easily able to "reach" the tree to chop it down, and yet after it falls you can no longer "reach" it to chop or pick it up without climbing. 

Chopping while climbing is not always a good option if it's on a very steep hillside.  Climbing while carrying a whole tree is of course out of the question on steep hillsides, lol.   What I do is climb to it, pick it up, turn around and drop it, climb to the next tile closer to safe area, pick it up again, turn around, drop it again, etc, etc, until I get it where I can "reach" it from where I chopped it in the first place.  lol.  (and it's not just gravity working there, it's wogic. because they fall uphill out of reach as often as downhill. :) )

edit:  and if it's sometimes a big pita for me with high climbing skill and can carry a lot, I imagine it's huge for low level characters. (can't remember now, lol)

Edited by Amadee

hmm tough choice to make.

+1 to increasing the pick up range at the trunk id guess

-1 to being able to pick up the tree from every part, sometimes it can be useful to throw trees into peoples faces.

5 hours ago, Amadee said:

+1

We should at the very least always be able to "reach" the felled tree from where we were able to "reach" it to chop it down in the first place. 

Ordinarily it's not that much of a problem, but then there's always those trees you cut on or next to hillsides, while standing in a perfectly safe place.  You are easily able to "reach" the tree to chop it down, and yet after it falls you can no longer "reach" it to chop or pick it up without climbing. 

Chopping while climbing is not always a good option if it's on a very steep hillside.  Climbing while carrying a whole tree is of course out of the question on steep hillsides, lol.   What I do is climb to it, pick it up, turn around and drop it, climb to the next tile closer to safe area, pick it up again, turn around, drop it again, etc, etc, until I get it where I can "reach" it from where I chopped it in the first place.  lol.  (and it's not just gravity working there, it's wogic. because they fall uphill out of reach as often as downhill. :) )

edit:  and if it's sometimes a big pita for me with high climbing skill and can carry a lot, I imagine it's huge for low level characters. (can't remember now, lol)

Just an FYI for you on the function of trees and chopping.  Trees don't naturally grow center.   So when you chop a tree, especially a "center" tree, it pops out of range as the tree stump is only 1/4th the size of a tile, but a planted tree takes up the Whole tile.

This is what accounts for being able to chop a tree (especially on a slope) but not be able to pick it up or chop it due to it being "out of range".

+1 and I have no problem grabbing trees and moving them, its just a pain in the but that a tree you are able to cut down is unreachable after it falls

Edited by JakeRivers