Sign in to follow this  
Xandra

Independence Rift Event - it's over

Very odd loot system I must say - I recieved an item pretty much as soon as I got there - then nothing more for the whole fight (but I did get the seryll lump at the end, at 38ql). My 3 allies who came with me did NOT get the seryll (nor anything else for that matter) O.O (not sure about our new ally Ping travelling solo - I think he logged before we started discussing? Or I was just too tired to notice chat - it was 4 am for me.)

• Like 1

Since the rifts are respawning maybe we can try this event again Xandra?

Hi,

On 28.5.2016 at 2:28 AM, Niki said:

Since the rifts are respawning maybe we can try this event again Xandra?

Well, I don't know when this will start, and the sun is shining, the birds are roaring, relaxing in the shadow sipping a delicious drink looks like a good alternative ;-) Especially after a few days of preparations in vain.

And then - would it be this much fun when I cannot but compete with people that obviously need the loots this much? Wouldn't it be unfair to steal the crumbs those gold farmers have to rely on to feed their children?
I'm in the happy situation to be well educated, to have a good job, and to live in a developed, rich country. I can afford to play for my fun, excitement & entertainment - I don't need to go great lengths to desperately grab some in game coin to make my living.

I think it's better for my RL karma to keep relaxing in the sun. Watching the paupers quarrel for their loot may give bad vibrations ;-)

Have a good time!

Edited by Xandra
  • Like 2

I participated in second attempt. This weekend through my country stormed heavy rains mixed with strong storms and hailstorms. So sitting in garden and enjoy nice weather was not option for me.

I spent whole weekend improving my armor. Well, it was rather LW grinding. So joining fights for rift was nice change.

It started later than expected, but eventually it started and it was good fight. Most beasts were less strong than I expected. Perhaps comparable to bit stronger trolls with more HP. But they were there in amounts. And there were some ones, especially champions, which I would not like to meet and fight solo :)

I'm not fighter. I'm craftsman with decent strenght. Fight skill I gained protecting myself from hungry animals. Long time spent in wurm trained me enough. So I'm able to kill any natural opponents including champions in PvE environment.

Protecting rift was nice change. It was long continued fight with unpredictable result. While most time LT on my axe was enough o heal me, few times I was targeted by more beasts pushing my HP seriously down. Few times I was forced even to withdraw and heal my self. As I already said, it was good fight. Years I did not see such good fight in wurm.

And loot? Hmm, what to say. I got quarter of seryll lump ql 93. I heard, there were perhaps 3 shoulders. Not a lot compared to amount of beasts we killed there. After fight I buried a lot of beasts butchered corpses and gained perhaps 50 meats this way.

SUMMARY: These, who joined to gain shoulders or other loot were most probably disappointed. These, who were there to enjoy fight otherwise inaccessible in wurm PvE should be fine. I enjoyed it and next time, if rift will open in decent distance, I will join this fun again.

Edited by Zakerak