Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Rift testing!

Hi everyone, we'll be having a test round of the rifts today in the evening, we will also have a feedback form if you wish to fill it out, and be sure to post any bugs, questions or comments here too!

auction_timer_E1463536764.gif

This is strictly for Rift discussion and bugs. Client issues can be discussed and reported here:

• Like 1

is this another test round with uncasted gear and no meditation paths?

I'm in there.. looks great with all the corpses around and stuff and my string of hearts.. broken hearts that is...heheh...

Edited by Psalamon

I can't seem to get the test server to work 100%. It keeps crashing on me.I have tried everything that I know of. I tried deleting the client and redownloading. I tried everything I know of to fix it and what have been said in other bug threads. Please help. 

That thing is live, come play with us!

I had to leave about 7 hours ago, before the rift we were fighting was complete.

Being logged off when it completed I didn't receive any loot when it finally completed. About an hour before leaving I got to "[23:06:46] Your participation has now reached phenomenal!"

So, if you have to leave before the end, don't. Unless of course this is a bug and it is intended that all participants get a reward, and not just those that are there at the end.

my pretty pretty pony is gone :(  I hope someone used it to achieve victory! I was bored and made a saddle + shoes for it.  I'll equip more later if I have time

• Like 1

The rift mobs attack mobs and animals, though don't seem to attack those being riden, that enter the rift. So they will kill any that are hitched to cart, or being led. So, best to have a compound away from the rift to store share horses, and probably not to fight from a cart.

during the hours I've spent there the horse I was fighting from was never attacked or affected by AoE spells. A led horse had taken damage though, and yes the rift mobs attack anything that is not their kin (including "common" aggro and non aggro creatures).

Champion ogre got stuck about 2 hours ago.

Spoiler

xLeMTmK.jpg

Just downloaded the test client and I've got to say, I love the new launcher. :)

EDIT: -Snip- Moved to renderer testing thread.

Edited by syncaidius

18 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

is this another test round with uncasted gear and no meditation paths?

You missed out actually. I wanted to make sure people were equipped similarly to how they would be on Live. For the future though, if you ever want to participate in a test and feel you need anything to make that test more accurate, feel free to PM me or the person running the test and make that request. There are limits to what we can spawn and hand out, and we will likely keep it within reason to what is available on Live, but we can make it happen. 

11 minutes ago, syncaidius said:

Just downloaded the test client and I've got to say, I love the new launcher. :)

EDIT: This looks pretty messed up though:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21216991/Wurm/wurm_new_renderer.mp4

it seemed like a huge underground hall, but the culling kept screwing up and hiding most of it.

Yes, this is known and is being worked on. There are fixes being pushed to the client pretty much every day. 

RXOpWUk.jpg

At the end of the event, only a 0.25 kg seryll lump... not balanced properly at all and not encouraging players to participate in a 3/4 hours event.

Got a few rings from random beasties / spear bracelet doing nothing / and a cotton pauldron i left behind for whoever wanted it.

Doing the fight with a LT / Nimb huge axe - SoTG account and horsey helped a lot, didn't had to use that much the test feature to heal. And way closer to what we can expect on the live servers making the rifts doable by a dedicated team and healer / cotton / proper knowledge of what to do.

Smite is also incredibly powerful to take down those mobs from the rift beast to the war master. Mixed feeling on that one, make mags useful again but might be too powerful when facing something like a rift master. Personally, i'd keep it that way, rewarding the fighting priests on PvE and allowing a group to take down quickly some annoying champs.

Rifts location can also become troublesome if they spawn in deep water or on mountains sides.

As far as my testing was, rifts WHEN the loot will be more properly balanced can be a good addition to the servers. If it's not we will have a new loop of greed and drama.

• Like 2

I'm getting the white patterns that cycle across the screen whenever I try to use the test server. At times it totally whites out the screen. Is there a known cause and better yet, fix, for this?

[Random Thoughts]

Make the jackals khopesh (or weird sickles) a rare drop on their deaths... or only the rift master, doesn't matter. Random rarity and metal ranging from steel to the moon ones.

Same for the Ogres weapons. Impossible to create, but allow imping and enchanting on them.

Shoulder pads. Some are nice, others are ugly, some are inbetween, and no one can agree on which is the best looking. So why not have random matchs between those pauldrons and their abilities. This would expand the collecting part of the game and allow each and everyone of us to perfect our stylish look and extra perks.

Rifts crystals. Once the rifts event end, allow us to mine those things off for source salt or random gems.

Weird trees and plants can give some extra wood - new color / perks - or alchemy properties, those things are out of this world right, lets make a use out of them.

[Random Thoughts over ... for now]

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Araninke said:

I'm getting the white patterns that cycle across the screen whenever I try to use the test server. At times it totally whites out the screen. Is there a known cause and better yet, fix, for this?

Spoiler
51 minutes ago, Mortez said:

wurm_20160518_1624.jpghttp://s32.postimg.org/ntr0bqtfp/wurm_20160518_1622.jpg

Someone can tell how delete it ? 

Can you both post these issues in the client render testing thread  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/141304-client-render-testing/ and please list your Operating system and Graphics cards?  A copy of your console log would help as well.  Thanks!  

• Like 1

I was getting those graphics effects . Had to turn on shadows to fix it.

Question - On the test server I used the big crystals to teleport me to the rift area - Is this how it will be once live? Crystals that spawn and you examine them to be teleported to the rift area (like an instance)? Or will the rift areas spawn on the servers themselves? 

• Like 1

I logged on test server but had trouble  running only at 1-10 fps.  Used my standard settings i'm using when playing on  unstable client  at about 30 fps  and  shadows and glsl shader disabled. Hope it won't be issue on live client.

If game will require high end   hardware to run, would be nice you told about it at least a months ago, so players  who are not planing to buy new  computer soon, avoid to buy premium time  if they will not be able to play game. 

• Like 1

with how a small team can do these just given time I think rifts should be fairly common and frequent or we won't be able to participate like we would want to as they'd be getting cleared in the time it takes everyone to converge across xanadu for example. 

13 hours ago, Kasumi said:

Question - On the test server I used the big crystals to teleport me to the rift area - Is this how it will be once live? Crystals that spawn and you examine them to be teleported to the rift area (like an instance)? Or will the rift areas spawn on the servers themselves? 

The rifts are being tested on the test pvp server, the crystals teleport you to the rift area on that server.

Once ingame they will spawn directly on the server - so will just be a matter of sailing, riding, or running to get to the rift.

18 hours ago, MarkSilard said:

I logged on test server but had trouble  running only at 1-10 fps.  Used my standard settings i'm using when playing on  unstable client  at about 30 fps  and  shadows and glsl shader disabled. Hope it won't be issue on live client.

If game will require high end   hardware to run, would be nice you told about it at least a months ago, so players  who are not planing to buy new  computer soon, avoid to buy premium time  if they will not be able to play game. 

I ahve to agree the beauty of Wurm has always been it plays on a multitude of hardware from old to new.. and i think our player base is plit that way too.. so if this is the future i guess i am out. Wurm plays fine on my compu as it is now but i can't see upgrading my compu just to be able to play with this new client renderer.. i say stick with the old if this is the case..