Sign in to follow this  
Shydow

Planted BSB Permissions [No Bug]

The other day I picked up an old, mostly decayed, unlocked, and empty BSB. The previous owner, a friend of mine, had not logged in for over 50 days. After repairing and improving the BSB back up to acceptable levels, I handed the BSB to another player. He was unable to plant it, because he didn't have 10 digging, and gave it back. I then planted it into the ground, thinking that since it came from my inventory, I would be able to attach a lock and manipulate permissions to it, however, the BSB instead said it had been planted by the original owner, and was secured to the ground, so now I am unable to move it away, or attach a lock to change the permissions. Am I wrong to think that the BSB should now belong to me, instead of this other player who hasn't even been online for nearly 2 months? Screenshots can be provided upon request.

I've not been able to replicate the ownership issue with an unlocked bin.  Can you provide me with the steps you took, in order, to see maybe if that makes a difference?  A copy of the examines would help as well.

I just went through my event logs, here is the order of events: At 14:09:33, I examine the damaged bin. At 14:12:25 I pick it up, and repair it (14:13:00). After improving it (14:13:31-14:15:41), I trade the bin to my friend (14:16:11). He tries to plant it, but fails due to lack of digging skill, and trades it back (14:17:41). Ten I plant the bin (14:17:57), and don't examine it until 14:32:41 after making a padlock for it, and realizing that I was unable to lock it.

Can you get me the examine message as it is now?

[14:32:41] A storage bin made from planks and strengthened with iron ribbons. The bulk storage bin has been firmly secured to the ground by Grovewalker. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  '.ro...a....'. It is locked with a lock of very poor quality. Ql: 27.881788, Dam: 0.0.

At this point it's hard to tell (without examine information) what happened.  In one instance you said you attached a lock, in another you said you were 'unable' to lock it.  Send me a forum PM with any examines that you do have and also the location where this bsb currently sits (server and deed).

When you use the permissions interface to change the owner of a locked bin, it will also change who it says planted the bin; planted by = owner. The locked bin was repaired after becoming unplanted due to decay, then planting it again did not change the original owner.

It sounds like a lock was attached. So you having it in inventory does not change ownership. It still is owned by the original player that locked it.

Unless it was unlocked. And at some point you did attach a lock to it. Then it would seem buggy. If the lock that is on it now was from original owner.  Then it seems correct. 

That seems odd that the game would allow me to take the BSB even though it was locked. It does appear that the lock was from the original player. I'm sorry to have wasted all of your time, I guess it was my mistake after all. Thank you all for your help!