Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 04/MAY/16

Updates

• Updated deed permissions. “Destroy any building” is now a permission that can be set for any role other than ‘non citizen’.
  • Nathan and Tosiek followers and priests may now pray at the Bone Altar and butcher. Keeping negative alignment will also be easier.
  • Only players with “Modify Building” will be able to catapult a friendly house
  • Archery penalty is no longer affected by helms.
  • Changed archery penalty for heavier armours from a flat fail % to added difficulty depending on armour.
  • Combat tab now shows offensive, karma and healing spells (+ creature targeted dispel) Meditation messages are yet to come.
  • Throw has been removed from valrei mobs, uniques will still throw.
  • Shield of the Gone has been reduced to a 30% Damage reduction. An option to transfer one time from Path of Insanity will come in a future update.

Text Fixes

• Fixed example cost when mailing (1c rather than 10c).
  • Corrected instances of “alot” to  “a lot”.
  • Corrected the message when chosing HotS on Chaos as a new player from Golden Valley.
  • Corrected capitalisation on some titles.
  • Arrow error messages now state they disappear from your view.

Bug fixes.

• PvP Enemies will can now properly take from any structure they gain access to.
  • Casting dirt in loaded crates is now possible again.
  • Corrected Worm Brains precondition check.
  • Rare tools no longer transfer a higher chance of rarity when creating certain items.
  • Only one unit weight will be used when levelling with concrete (1 3kg unit per individual raising action).
  • Like 2

Some interesting updates..

PS.. i guess its a bug as it still shows on status icon on account, that its still 50% reduction.

1h82gz.jpg

Edited by shakys

Only players with “Modify Building” will be able to catapult a friendly house

I like seeing this one.  Nice that it was fixed.

will there be an item for those on path of insanity to change to other paths, or an option added on the mat? 

How long will we be able to swap POI to other paths? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year?

Any info about other paths nerfs/buffs? will we get an option to change from that other path after it will get its nerf/buff?

(f.e. I wouldnt want to change from lets say SOTG to poL and find that poL will get double heal nerf, but I am not able to change it) 

The thing is: SOTG is getting nerfed, you will make other path OP (or one will still be more OP than others, so everyone insta changes to that path, you nerf that OP path, so everyone insta swaps for another path... and so on...) Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 4

well as it is no one will move from sotg at 30% cause  it still way ahead of the other paths.

Edited by Erinyesthegreat

I am sorry for my concerns, but I feel a bit  in the dark right now after putting a decent amount of time into meditating

8 minutes ago, Erinyesthegreat said:

well as it is no one will move from sotg at 30% cause  it still way ahead of the other paths.

i totally disagree, knowledge path gives 25% skill gain, its probably more useful overall if your a grinder.

• Like 2

Just now, shakys said:

i totally disagree, knowledge path gives 25% skill gain, its probably more useful overall if your a grinder.

ur on a pvp server this patch to try and fix pvp so why would u want a 25% skill gain when ur account could be pvp ready with 30% damage reduce

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Erinyesthegreat said:

ur on a pvp server this patch to try and fix pvp so why would u want a 25% skill gain when ur account could be pvp ready with 30% damage reduce

i'm certainly considering the change, you can agree or disagree its your choice ;)

Edited by shakys

on average you can get 1 BS per month, with POK that is 1.25, 7.5 per 6 months, or 1.5 more than without POK. After being a champ you will lose 1 point, or in total will gain .5, and instead of 30% dmg red, you will have 60%. So being a champ with POK is becoming OP OP :) 

• Like 1

Only in my opinion: SOTG was the last issue. The main things were damage output, sorcery items. A person without SOTG was a dead meat (1 shot), now a person with SOTG is tried to be made the same. You even made arrows to do more damage... So it will all be who hits who first and who one/two shots who...

Your game - your rules of course... 

With archery not being really useful before, the ability to run around with a 2h weapon was fairly safe. 

Archery now becomes more viable with the removal of the 30% chance of failing,yet does not become too powerful, as the difficulty is increased. This means that the use of 2h weaponry instead of a shield is a much more risky task and archery should be fairly useful again.

Information about switching from Path of Insanity will come in a later update, and will be a time limited option only available to path of insanity (probably a month, at most).

We decided upon 30% as a compromise as it provides a good starting point. It may still be slightly OP, but does mean that it is less of a requirement, and allows us to revisit it later when we have time to address all meditation paths.

I'd like to see meditation paths add situational flavour as opposed to requirements for PvP or PvE, but will need to ensure that the proper amount of time, testing and balance is provided.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This means that the use of 2h weaponry instead of a shield is a much more risky task and archery should be fairly useful again.

as if people would only have a 2H in their inventory, but as bengawhatever said, "your game your rules"

Good updates! :)

Now it's just the heal spells and the rest of the med paths to go ;)

Nathan and Tosiek followers and priests may now pray at the Bone Altar and butcher. Keeping negative alignment will also be easier.

........... pls

Remove priest body stat gain nerf god damn it

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

as if people would only have a 2H in their inventory

The way people have been framing it, you'd think we all ran into battle butt-naked, foaming at the mouth and cutting three non-SotG in half with a single swing of our huge axes. The only people who'll be unable to use 2Hers after this are people who shouldn't have used 2Hers in the first place.

Not that anyone sits back and shoots arrows into a melee in the first place, but w/e

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Erinyesthegreat said:

no it isnt

path of hate is better at only level 30 med as opposed to having to get 70 for an inferior path

150 * .7 = 105

you now do 5% extra damage against a sotg player by using hate damage (and +50% against everyone else), not to mention the other good buffs like spell immunity and fear effect (for +2 cr) that path of hate gives

there is now no reason to be sotg when hate lvl 30 takes far less time. new balancing is now sotg>non-sotg, sotg=sotg, sotg<hate

• Combat tab now shows offensive, karma and healing spells (+ creature targeted dispel) Meditation messages are yet to come.
  • Casting dirt in loaded crates is now possible again.
  • Fixed example cost when mailing (1c rather than 10c).
  • Only one unit weight will be used when levelling with concrete (1 3kg unit per individual raising action).

Thanks for especially the above!

Not sure about the rarity change, it seems it was something I did not knowanyway :P

2 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

no it isnt

path of hate is better at only level 30 med as opposed to having to get 70 for an inferior path

150 * .7 = 105

you now do 5% extra damage against a sotg player by using hate damage (and +50% against everyone else), not to mention the other good buffs like spell immunity and fear effect (for +2 cr) that path of hate gives

there is now no reason to be sotg when hate lvl 30 takes far less time. new balancing is now sotg>non-sotg, sotg=sotg, sotg<hate

hate bonus damage lasts for 15mins every 18 to 24 hours gl with that

4 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

on average you can get 1 BS per month, with POK that is 1.25, 7.5 per 6 months, or 1.5 more than without POK. After being a champ you will lose 1 point, or in total will gain .5, and instead of 30% dmg red, you will have 60%. So being a champ with POK is becoming OP OP :) 

Saying POK is "OP" for PvP is ridiculous - if I'm a player playing for like 3 or 4 years on Epic (and have actively grinded PvP skills) I'm already going to have PvP skills high enough to not gain much benefit from having 25% skillgain.  Like oh boy, I can grind from 85 to 90 large axe TWENTY FIVE PERCENT FASTER; the skill difference is negligible, as is the % increase.  Love, Insanity, Power, Hate will all benefit me much more in actual PvP situations, because they all have abilities that directly impact such gameplay.  Knowledge's 25% skillgain increase (at lvl 11, so no new player or proably even 6 month player is going to have this) simply can't be qualified in the same way as SotG or 50% damage increase from Hate.  It's just silly!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fireflyb said:

Saying POK is "OP" for PvP is ridiculous - if I'm a player playing for like 3 or 4 years on Epic (and have actively grinded PvP skills) I'm already going to have PvP skills high enough to not gain much benefit from having 25% skillgain.  Like oh boy, I can grind from 85 to 90 large axe TWENTY FIVE PERCENT FASTER; the skill difference is negligible, as is the % increase.  Love, Insanity, Power, Hate will all benefit me much more in actual PvP situations, because they all have abilities that directly impact such gameplay.  Knowledge's 25% skillgain increase (at lvl 11, so no new player or proably even 6 month player is going to have this) simply can't be qualified in the same way as SotG or 50% damage increase from Hate.  It's just silly!

lol to get to 70 med takes less than 6 months, but ok :) . If you play smart, you can achieve more. But I do agree that if you have just started this game, most likely you will not even know what meditation is for the first 6 moths.

Edited by bangzuvelis

7 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

lol to get to 70 med takes less than 6 months, but ok :) 

This is kind of besides the point, but: 

11* 24 Days 166 Days 12 hours 70

That's ~5.5 months to get from 0 to 11 just in timers; and that's assuming you have enough meditating skill along the way, which iirc would be pretty hard to do.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Meditating

Edited by Fireflyb

Meditation on epic is much harder then freedom since the curve sees it as much higher so this discussion is pretty weird ;)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this