Sign in to follow this  
zilbar

Zilbar (The Unknown Recovered)

31 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

You where shamed, because of a lie, and still think player run Name and Shame threads are justified?

I think we can all agree that while there is an occasional hiccup in the system, by and large most of the people deserve to be here.

You have to weigh the costs and benefits of a thread like this.

12 minutes ago, Hailene said:

I think we can all agree that while there is an occasional hiccup in the system, by and large most of the people deserve to be here.

You have to weigh the costs and benefits of a thread like this.

Occasional hiccup can ruin an honest persons reputation.  
I'm not against Name and Shames, I am however against the way they work right now, and how they have worked since they have been allowed.   How they are working is someone makes an accusation against someone and then that someone has to prove they didn't do anything wrong.  Sometimes the person making the accusation has good proof, but mostly it's "he said she said" bull crap.
The way the Name and Shame currently works is flawed.  
Not trying to defend Zilbar.   Was just responding to Niki post a page ago.

• Like 1

Well i have a few people on my watch-list now after some of the comments :)

vnR6v4E.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Niki said:

Cmon Finn.. All of that happened in 2013-2014, Xor doesn't even play anymore. This was a necro because Zilbar stole again, he originally stole using broken permissions back in 2014.  Being a sleazy person he is, he randomly decided to blame me because I sold a lot of stuff back then on the forums. I never met Xor or Zilbar and I never went to pristine (couldn't even get there yet server was locked off.) He simply used me a scapegoat. I told Xor it wasn't me, but it's very hard to get out of a accusation once it's laid out. The fact that he wasn't banned just for doing that and the GMs still allow him to go around and do terrible things is extremely troublesome.

So this is why we have name and shame, if people wish to defend toxic players such as Zilbar that's your right but it'll make you less popular in the long term. 

I do agree that horses still need a permission system, locked saddle bags would probably sort that out though. Brand doesn't do much, just lets you lead horses off of people's deeds.

Now... IF... ONLY... we had a way to pin that somewhere up on that topic.. to know what was happening from the start :o

Thanks for summing up everything(it does matter).

I have a good example how, accusations and proof could be ignored, there you're wrong tho. (saving details so post doesn't turn dead, gets deleted, etc as it usually happens when I speak about it)

Good part is .. if he plays with old name, new one you wont even know about.. and be the same person, doing the same things. If he really is sorry for doing any of the old things and wants to play fairly now, that's good.. unless there's unresolved old things....

Locking a saddlebag wont do anything ... if somebody picks it.. and locks it in a container or drops it in a mine and tile_collapse.. etc... trolls will be trolls... perfect solution is to lock the whole body.. for 1-2 weeks on the spot.. and have a way to find it or.. have all items mailed to you, costing you.. 2k karma or something.. (so you do suffer some payment for the recovery, and it could be linked to lore somehow... with your god recovering your valuables or w/e, c'mon.. we have blessed lamps now, that do not need fuel:wacko:)

I'm honestly quite surprised, if not horified by some of the answers / posts in this thread. Yes, Tuga screwed up permission wise and that's something happening to a lot of us a lot of time. Add perm for someone / all for whatever reason, forget to turn it off when you have to log off unexpectedly or any others reasons. It's a MMo, we normally have relations with others players and some levels / layers of trusts and permissions.

And then you have that guy, you don't know nor invited, strolling through your deed, getting inside your house, accessing something that is cleary meant to not be accessed... I means, heck, how can you compare a merchant in a stall or some arched building opened to all, to something that is clearly a storage merchant, obviously locked in a private house.

Now coming to 'that' guy, the obvious goal of this thread was coming clean from a misdeed and trying to have a second chance. But in that case, why oh why, fall again into the grey area, getting into others places and getting your hands on things that obviously are not to be taken or bought.

Yes, we have rules, yes none were broken here. But as Tuga mentionned, another well known name for being an overall pita did not break any, used perms given to him, grey areas and whatnot to take badly protected things. And still that guy ended up being banned for toxic behavior. Sometimes only one rule should matter : play nice or we will rip your heart (or head) out.

Last point, interesting one as well imho, is the lack of proper secured storages, bank contain 5 items, but not all (try to bank a rare rock shard for example), magical chests are limited by their volume and as such, far from worth their 35s (50 -25% to drain back from a trader), perma-alts, another interesting loophole specially when it comes to PvP, virtually inexpensive, can hold an insane amount of items (well, non decay in inventory ones, that is) but are limited by their carry weight (hello rockshards again). And then we have our merchants, hijacked from their original purpose of selling items to all to become personnal non decay heavy and/or large object storages.

So maybe, before throwing stones and insults at each others, including the staff, something could be done for our in game ways to store things, more slots in bank (expanded by silvers if needed), better magic chests (yes, the nerf to fountain pans killed them) to make those ways we had to invent redundant.

• Like 1

Im not surprised or horrified, while there is a lot of cool people in Wurm, it cant be denied that there is a considerable chunk that is rotten to the core. And while I may be an ###### on the forums, I never stole items or accounts from friends or former players.
The guys defending the indefensible, and creating excuses for the slimy players, and accusing the victims of being "easy targets", to ME, are as rotten as the shamed ones on the OP list, and I encourage people to remember those names too, because if they are on the same lenghtwave, its just a matter of providing them with an oportunity to show their true colours (like the poster said a few posts above).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rathgar said:

Im not surprised or horrified, while there is a lot of cool people in Wurm, it cant be denied that there is a considerable chunk that is rotten to the core. And while I may be an ###### on the forums, I never stole items or accounts from friends or former players.
The guys defending the indefensible, and creating excuses for the slimy players, and accusing the victims of being "easy targets", to ME, are as rotten as the shamed ones on the OP list, and I encourage people to remember those names too, because if they are on the same lenghtwave, its just a matter of providing them with an oportunity to show their true colours (like the poster said a few posts above).

Or maybe they are just people who have a different opinion about things than you do. Just because I dont agree a Merchant should be used as storage doesnt mean I will rob you blind if you open the door of your house to me. I think a lot of respectable community members can vouch for my integrity, and I still consider using Merchants as storage with low pricing is irresponsible.

But hey, its easier to judge a book by its cover, right? To blanket everyone because their opinions differ from yours. Thats not a bad way of going through life at all. Winner.

I'll respond to all the idiots saying "well, he didn't technically" do anything wrong.  (Notice I used a pronoun, as in I'm not necessarily referring to Tuga's incident).

It doesn't matter where you stand on whether or not a thief is a thief in any case-by-case shaming in this thread.  The purpose of this thread, in the absence of GM intervention, is for good people of the community who have been victimized to have a place to warn others in the community of some of the scumbags that play this game for no other reason than to cause other people grief.

By some sick twisted standards of someone somewhere, I'm a thief too.  I looted a few BSB's that were on an abandoned deed I found in the woods once.  I also once "stole" about 10k dirt that was sitting in piles of 100 on a big open flat field, that had all received 30-70 damage because it had been left out in the open for a week.  Does that make me a thief?  You are entitled to your opinion, but please don't junk this thread up with stupid comments like "well, <insert player name> didn't technically break the rules".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Egard said:

qKIrPCA-Imgur.gif

Omg, lol...that's exactly what I did...well played sir.

I left Ebonaura because of Zilbar.  His nefarious intentions were to actively seek merchants that were exposed to the public in hopes that the owner forgot to increase the price.  He did the same thing not too long ago to Armyskin.  At that time, someone talked him into returning most of the items and he talked as if he would stop his unethical behavior.  

It's also a shame that members of Ebonaura defensively condoned his behavior in Discord.  I was the only one that verbally argued against it (someone else not on voice comms typed their disapproval).  I don't expect him to stop when his support group justifies his actions.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, zilbar said:

Please Close

Looool

Just because some might not agree with some things said, doesnt mean you are in the clear. Actions have consequences.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zilbar said:

Please Close

And this is a valid reason why players should never be allowed to change there name.

Reputations good or bad should never be lost because of a simple name change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Galatyn said:

I left Ebonaura because of Zilbar.  His nefarious intentions were to actively seek merchants that were exposed to the public in hopes that the owner forgot to increase the price.  He did the same thing not too long ago to Armyskin.  At that time, someone talked him into returning most of the items and he talked as if he would stop his unethical behavior.  

It's also a shame that members of Ebonaura defensively condoned his behavior in Discord.  I was the only one that verbally argued against it (someone else not on voice comms typed their disapproval).  I don't expect him to stop when his support group justifies his actions.

No one in your new group or yourself is linked to anything nefarious? The argument from me was about the hypocrisy. I don't have all the background on everyone here because not that veteran of a player but a lot in the thread has been linked to nefarious actions. But maybe just all rumors. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Galatyn said:

It's also a shame that members of Ebonaura defensively condoned his behavior in Discord.  I was the only one that verbally argued against it (someone else not on voice comms typed their disapproval).  I don't expect him to stop hen his support group justifies his actions.

You along with others with a 1 sided mind IMO is worse then a person trying to play the game. A GAME which for some reason all of you have forgotten this was. Back when i started playing MMO's this is how things went, your ###### would get pillaged especially if you did not secure them. My stance was and always will stay in middle ground about everything because unlike many people I can see both sides. However im going to say your comment about him being a bad person IRL or going to have a hard time in life going down this path IMO is by far worse then him buying an item regardless if it was a public or private trader. Who is anyone to judge someone IRL while they are playing a game. Im sure i realize now why ROLF stepped away from the game, i come to realize this community is the most bitchy community i have ever seen in any MMO, always crying about something when they had all the abilities at their disposal to avoid issue. Yet somehow the finger just gets pointed at one person.

Another thing i feel many of you dont realize is this... I have seen many comments about zilbar not being a trusted person or losing it from many, in reality that is such BS, here is a fact based on principle had zilbar walked into a friends place and done such a thing then yes it would be consider scummy to the point of which some of you are making it out to be, but when done while playing an MMORPG RPG people who is to say he isnt just playing a treasure hunter... It doesnt matter if you like it or not, he did nothing illegal and the Wurm team for years have never made any changes to it despite the many similar situations because they are meant to be merchants not private storage. So yes based on these many reasons its not that many in Ebo were supporting it because that is BS many were simply seeing both sides and faults, because fact is many that commented were neither supportive nor unsupportive.

Zilbar made the decision on his own after a few days to give armyskins items back, Miniroll only overheard that he had obtained some items and knew whos it was, after little discussion and a few days the items were returned. Some of you think and feel you are saints when fact is your not. Every single person posting is a hypocrite.

To the forum Mods. The OP asked for his post to be closed, I dont see why that has not been respected. 

FYI i forgot to add, all this is only because people dont treat games as games anymore, its all about monetary value. While many of you profit IRL someone like zilbar keeps it and puts it all back into the game. 

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaurizioAM said:

FYI i forgot to add, all this is only because people dont treat games as games anymore, its all about monetary value. While many of you profit IRL someone like zilbar keeps it and puts it all back into the game. 

He's not wrong...

Who would trust this guy in there alliance Mau?

He has no problem robbing traders with undervalued items, which in all fairness if he can access the trader so be it, even when it calls for using any manner possible to access said merchant from a upper story window.

Personally if you see a good deal on a merchant go for it, but when its behind locked doors and you use odd game mechanics to access it, obviously it was not meant to be available to the public, this guy does this he works every angle and search's for these merchants. How could anyone trust him in there alliance? Merchants suck for storage but some people use them religiously, the not so religious screw up on putting crazy prices on there items.

Because of this guy Mau, the public is banned from my deed (all walled off most of it) because I feel responsible for Army loosing his ######, I had my Inn set to the public at one time and even though I set up Army a room on a upper floor behind locked doors, this clown managed to clean it out through a window. Only reason Army got anything back was Mini seen the putz yabbering in your alliance these items he had for sale. Army didn't get everything back, but he got a good portion so he was happy with that, but I will never again allow public access to my deed because I don't want to police my villagers merchants.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

Why would i listen to a guy with screwed up morals such as yourself,the same guy who  sold  accounts owned by others  ..JEEZ it's just a game  then you should not be such a greedy   player :P as   " it's just a game"

Edited by Toecutter

37 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Who would trust this guy in there alliance Mau?

He has no problem robbing traders with undervalued items, which in all fairness if he can access the trader so be it, even when it calls for using any manner possible to access said merchant from a upper story window.

Personally if you see a good deal on a merchant go for it, but when its behind locked doors and you use odd game mechanics to access it, obviously it was not meant to be available to the public, this guy does this he works every angle and search's for these merchants. How could anyone trust him in there alliance? Merchants suck for storage but some people use them religiously, the not so religious screw up on putting crazy prices on there items.

Because of this guy Mau, the public is banned from my deed (all walled off most of it) because I feel responsible for Army loosing his ######, I had my Inn set to the public at one time and even though I set up Army a room on a upper floor behind locked doors, this clown managed to clean it out through a window. Only reason Army got anything back was Mini seen the putz yabbering in your alliance these items he had for sale. Army didn't get everything back, but he got a good portion so he was happy with that, but I will never again allow public access to my deed because I don't want to police my villagers merchants.

Simple everyone he was and had been in alliance with who he has never touched anything from. And you are talking as if he used an exploit to walk through the front door. He walked through a front door bought an item and because he did that in a GAME, he is being told by people he is a bad person IRL and he is going to live a bad life... Does no one else find that disturbing? Do you guys realize he is a person too regardless if you like his actions or not... No many of you dont because of the fact that monetary value in a game has blurred all vision. 

4 minutes ago, Toecutter said:

Why would i listen to a guy with screwed up morals such as yourself,the same guy who  sold  accounts owned by others  ..JEEZ it's just a game  then you should not be such a greedy  slimy player :P as   " it's just a game"

Just because you choose to not believe the truth is not on me. Its your choice, but ive never sold an account i didnt own. Its not my fault i was given some accounts, and lol you call me greedy for selling an account for $40 because of the remaining premium, it was basically given away. I have been the least greedy slimy person and at the same time screwed by a few. And yes it is a game that some play casual for enjoyment, other play for profits, others play as rouges or thieves, i realize that myself just about a month ago. 

3 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

Just because you choose to not believe the truth is not on me. Its your choice, but ive never sold an account i didnt own. Its not my fault i was given some accounts, and lol you call me greedy for selling an account for $40 because of the remaining premium, it was basically given away. I have been the least greedy slimy person and at the same time screwed by a few. And yes it is a game that some play casual for enjoyment, other play for profits, others play as rouges or thieves, i realize that myself just about a month ago. 

Truth ,the truth is people like you with you moral beliefs  ruin this "game" for some players.and you have the hide to put a $40 value on someones happiness ..you remind me of a person i used to live on their deed with ...

5 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

Simple everyone he was and had been in alliance with who he has never touched anything from. And you are talking as if he used an exploit to walk through the front door. He walked through a front door bought an item and because he did that in a GAME, he is being told by people he is a bad person IRL and he is going to live a bad life... Does no one else find that disturbing? Do you guys realize he is a person too regardless if you like his actions or not... No many of you dont because of the fact that monetary value in a game has blurred all vision. 

I did say if he carried his actions over to real life that he may have a hard life when he becomes an adult.  I say that because he admitted to knowing it was wrong, this time with Tuga and the last with Armyskin (and the time before with Xor or Tor and Niki).  He used to brag about finishing people's boats that just need one or two parts and then taking them for his own and admitting it was wrong.  When people do things that they know are wrong, it could lead to a hard life.  I surely hope it does not for him.  I only said that because I don't want that to happen to him.  

3 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

You along with others with a 1 sided mind IMO is worse then a person trying to play the game. A GAME which for some reason all of you have forgotten this was. Back when i started playing MMO's this is how things went, your ###### would get pillaged especially if you did not secure them. My stance was and always will stay in middle ground about everything because unlike many people I can see both sides. However im going to say your comment about him being a bad person IRL or going to have a hard time in life going down this path IMO is by far worse then him buying an item regardless if it was a public or private trader. Who is anyone to judge someone IRL while they are playing a game. Im sure i realize now why ROLF stepped away from the game, i come to realize this community is the most bitchy community i have ever seen in any MMO, always crying about something when they had all the abilities at their disposal to avoid issue. Yet somehow the finger just gets pointed at one person.

Another thing i feel many of you dont realize is this... I have seen many comments about zilbar not being a trusted person or losing it from many, in reality that is such BS, here is a fact based on principle had zilbar walked into a friends place and done such a thing then yes it would be consider scummy to the point of which some of you are making it out to be, but when done while playing an MMORPG RPG people who is to say he isnt just playing a treasure hunter... It doesnt matter if you like it or not, he did nothing illegal and the Wurm team for years have never made any changes to it despite the many similar situations because they are meant to be merchants not private storage. So yes based on these many reasons its not that many in Ebo were supporting it because that is BS many were simply seeing both sides and faults, because fact is many that commented were neither supportive nor unsupportive.

Zilbar made the decision on his own after a few days to give armyskins items back, Miniroll only overheard that he had obtained some items and knew whos it was, after little discussion and a few days the items were returned. Some of you think and feel you are saints when fact is your not. Every single person posting is a hypocrite.

To the forum Mods. The OP asked for his post to be closed, I dont see why that has not been respected. 

Not sure how you can say anything negative about Galatyn.  He's a pretty honest and down to earth person.  If there's one person in an enemy kingdom on Chaos that I would trust.  It'd be him, especially because he's one of the nicest dudes out there.  Him being of a singular mind is far from what I would describe him as.  He's just tired of being taken advantage of.

Tuga hasn't denied that it was his fault.  Still this doesn't mean everyone should go around being the biggest ###### they can be.  Yeah this is a game but it shouldn't be a dark and gloomy world.  Where I have to constantly worry about being ripped off due to an over sight which everyone makes eventually.

My first wurm experience was I had a boat full of rares worth over a couple hundred Euro.  It all actually belonged to Warrior.  He never even knew it was in there.  Yet I messaged him and returned it.  Why?  It's the right thing to do.  You can't go through life being a piece of ######.  It'll always haunt you in the end.

Communities are built on trust and believing that one another are decent people.  I'm not saying Zilbar should be banned for any of the crap he's pulled.  I'm just saying this guy is a piece of dirt and isn't worthy of forgiveness.  Forgiveness is reserved for those who actually change and 1 year later.  This guy is still doing the same crap.  It should be known so at least people have a chance to get a heads up and before they're taken advantage of.  He's even admitted to stealing, lying that it was someone else.  I don't even understand how you can defend someone who says they're guilty.

As for the monetary value of Wurm.  It's a free market, if people want to try and profit off the game let them.  This game absorbs so much time to do anything that could possibly justify it as a proper return dollar wise.  If people really have a problem with it, they should just play WU.

Edited by Samusen

50 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

And you are talking as if he used an exploit to walk through the front door. He walked through a front door bought an item and because he did that in a GAME, he is being told by people he is a bad person IRL and he is going to live a bad life... Does no one else find that disturbing?

He did it on my deed when I was under the impression a trader inside a locked room was safe.

Others told me if you stand on your toes and angle the cart just right you can access the trader, I tried from every angle and could not do what he did. Clearly he is abusing game mechanics in a way that was never intended.

That is all I need to never trust the person ever, in my alliance, or in public. He is no better than the guys that show up at unique kills and go from cart to cart seeing who forgot to lock things up.

1 hour ago, MaurizioAM said:

And you are talking as if he used an exploit to walk through the front door. He walked through a front door bought an item and because he did that in a GAME, 

He actually told us in Discord that he clicked on the merchant from the corner of the deed or building or somewhere and then walked around or into the deed to within range and then was somehow able to access it.  It was not very clear on the method, but he did not simply walk through the front door and access the merchant.  He's found some way to exploit the situation to access a merchant that probably would not normally be accessed.