Sign in to follow this  
John_Keats

Level can raise cave ceiling more than mining it

# What happened

I was able to raise a cave ceiling corner with 'level'  even though 'mine' action gave me the message:

'The roof sounds strangely hollow and you notice dirt flowing in, so you stop mining.'

# What you expected to happen

I expected that the 'level' action would fail, just as the 'mine' action did.

Or, if there is actually sufficient rock above the corner, that the mining action would have succeeded.

# Steps to reproduce

Raise a ceiling corner using the 'mine' action until you get: 'The roof sounds strangely hollow and you notice dirt flowing in, so you stop mining.'

Raise a adjacent tile that can be mined higher and flatten it.

Then level the ceiling of the tile with the corner that could not be mined before.

Note: This did not work for a corner of a mine entrance tile.

The corners that were raised this way had an unknown amount of rock and dirt on top of them.

I do not know if the rock layer was actually raised, or if the rules for the 'mine' action and the 'level' action are simply inconsistent.

After the last update, the ceiling of the mine I was working on shrank way back down to what I believe to be the max height before dirt.
This seems to indicate that using the 'level' action the ceiling can be temporarily raised above the rock layer, but not actually raising the rock layer.
Sadly I have no cave/time to mess around with this properly.

Or because you reported it the problem got fixed. =p