Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: Wurmpedia Downtime

WSA.png

Last Friday we made the first arrangements to move the Wurmpedia and other web services to a new server. Unfortunately this has caused extended downtime for the Wurmpedia. We apologise for the downtime and hope to have it resolved on Monday.

30 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

Yes for now you can access the Wurmpedia through the cache pages. Just know that none of the links as well as the search function will not work due to the google cache page links not leading to cache pages but the actual pages. (Come on google step up your game). However, there is a tutorial in the Wurmpedia Maintenance section of these forums explaining how to access them. Thanks to the Staff for working so hard to getting it back up. Lets hope that when Rolf moves the live servers of the game that it doesn't end in the same way.

1 minute ago, Zachariah said:

Yes for now you can access the Wurmpedia through the cache pages. Just know that none of the links as well as the search function will not work due to the google cache page links not leading to cache pages but the actual pages. (Come on google step up your game). However, there is a tutorial in the Wurmpedia Maintenance section of these forums explaining how to access them. Thanks to the Staff for working so hard to getting it back up. Lets hope that when Rolf moves the live servers of the game that it doesn't end in the same way.

You must have misread - the game servers are not moving. The web servers are moving.

This might result in a short period of downtime as the client's JNLP is hosted on one of the web servers. The downtime will be while the DNS updates and is unavoidable.

• Like 1

Just now, Keenan said:

You must have misread - the game servers are not moving. The web servers are moving.

This might result in a short period of downtime as the client's JNLP is hosted on one of the web servers. The downtime will be while the DNS updates and is unavoidable.

Ah, my apologies. I am not great with the whole coding the game. As I have said multiple times I am more of a front facing developer in web design. Therefore, I do not know what moving the web servers entails. But it puts me at ease that the game will not be down. Thank you Keenan. 

1 minute ago, Zachariah said:

Ah, my apologies. I am not great with the whole coding the game. As I have said multiple times I am more of a front facing developer in web design. Therefore, I do not know what moving the web servers entails. But it puts me at ease that the game will not be down. Thank you Keenan. 

Essentially, if you're in-game or the launcher has loaded up to "Play" before the downtime - you can log in just fine. Otherwise you may get a failure when it tries to check for updates. Those already in-game won't feel anything, and the DNS should not take long to propagate.

• Like 1

I blame Donald Trump's insensitive comments.

• Like 1

I can see the Wurmpedia again!  Huzzah! 

\o/ yay!!! Thank you team on getting it back up. We really appreciate it!

4 hours ago, Mordraug said:

I blame Donald Trump's insensitive comments.

I blame Global Warming.

46 minutes ago, Amadee said:

I blame Global Warming.

that's fine if it leads to global Wurming

• Like 4

On 5/1/2016 at 10:42 AM, DevBlog said:

WSA.png

Last Friday we made the first arrangements to move the Wurmpedia and other web services to a new server. Unfortunately this has caused extended downtime for the Wurmpedia. We apologise for the downtime and hope to have it resolved on Monday.

did my slee bonus increase or did i just sleep in a bed more.. heheheheh... man do i depend on the Wurmpedia and i think i speak for a lot of people here.. so thanks to all who contribute, edit , update, and other such positions with the Wurmpedia and those who have in the past; many, many thanks to you guys ..  >14:34  Psalamon bows to a filled room..

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this