Sign in to follow this  
Lancelot

Obama in UK

So Barack Obama came to visit our shores and spoke to David Cameron about how he believes we should stay in the European Union. Yet if the United States was being told how to run itself by another country as regards to its laws, then the people would be on the streets in anger, they would not accept such a ruling as it goes against the constitution, right ? I think Mr. Obama should keep his mouth shut on an issue that does not directly affect him or his country.

• Like 7

Pretty much.

I'm hoping the UK will show their disapproval of the EU and hopefully even leave it, give the spineless, gutless, feckless idiots in the Dutch parliament an example.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Revelation said:

Pretty much.

I'm hoping the UK will show their disapproval of the EU and hopefully even leave it, give the spineless, gutless, feckless idiots in the Dutch parliament an example.

Screw the dutch Parliament.

they are worse then highway robbers.

There are very few things do I agree with Cameron on, but remaining as part of the EU is one of them.

Obama interfering on the other hand is just rude.  Was the same crap during the scottish independence referendum.

Edited by Daolin
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Daolin said:

There are very few things do I agree with Cameron on, but remaining as part of the EU is one of them.

Obama interfering on the other hand is just rude.  Was the same crap during the scottish independence referendum.

Daolin, I must say I am surprised. While I know that if we do vote to leave the European Union then Sturgeon will put forward a vote for Scotland to remain within the framework  but Scotland does not have the issues as regards to terrorist plots that we do south of the border. You know it took us 10 years to extradite Abu Hamza, a man responsible for publicly preaching hatred against Western and Christian belief systems ? We had to appeal to the European Court in Brussels to kick this prick out  The view of the true Islam faith is being bastardised by our media, continually condemning them as no more than terrorists or perverts. 

I believe we should do away with one religion schools, it is detamental to building any sort of community sprit

Obama clearly only has one interest here, that is a financial one. I'd like to see his face when the world's money market takes a massive nose dive, which I believe it will do, considering the recent fluctuations.

Strange or coincidental that George Osbourne was talking to the Chinese regarding  a new power plant and the following day thousands of job losses were announced within the TATA steel works in Redcar..

I remember the coal strikes of 1984, (yes I'm an old fart ) and the same thing is happening again.

I believe the world will soon be in a state of depression considering the slowdown in the markets, albeit in small fluctuations in different countries. There are many factors contributing to that, like ISIS controlling the Syrian oil fields,

AS for our membership within the European Union, here is a pointer a s to why we should leave.

Abu Hamza was considered to be a pillar of his community, an upending citizen. But he was preaching hatred and organising attacks against his fellow countermen in view of his malformed view of Islam. We tried to extradite him but had to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights to do so, that took us 10 years. then he stood trial in New York.

Some of the vest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting have been of the Islamic faith, but our media and western media generally are painting a distorted picture.

3 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Daolin, I must say I am surprised. While I know that if we do vote to leave the European Union then Sturgeon will put forward a vote for Scotland to remain within the framework  but Scotland does not have the issues as regards to terrorist plots that we do south of the border. You know it took us 10 years to extradite Abu Hamza, a man responsible for publicly preaching hatred against Western and Christian belief systems ? We had to appeal to the European Court in Brussels to kick this prick out  The view of the true Islam faith is being bastardised by our media, continually condemning them as no more than terrorists or perverts. 

I believe we should do away with one religion schools, it is detamental to building any sort of community sprit

Its about far more than religion & "Terrorism" mate, if we leave the EU then I have no doubt in my mind the tories will rip up our unwritten constitution and tread all over our basic rights.  They have already tried and been blocked by the EU on a number of human rights issues and if we were to leave they would have free reign.

I haven't looked into many pro's/cons of the debate being completely honest (been too focused on the scottish elections... il get more informed on the EU vote in 2 weeks after our votes done).  

But yeah from what little research i've done so far on the issues I think im more likely to be voting to remain, which yeah as I wanted outta the UK would no doubt have shocked ya mate :P

Edited by Daolin

DAOLIN, whatever the outcome of the vote on June 23rd,I think Nicola Sturgeon will put her signature forward to a vote for Scottish independence anyway. She and Alec Salmond have the same idea but I believe Sturgeon is more stronger willed to see her country free of any obligations ruled by English laws. Time will tell.

I believe he really should have kept his mouth shut on the matter, its for us in the UK to decide at the end of the day. I guess it wont matter much what he has to say though, being he wont be president in the next couple of months.

And i highly doubt we would be at the "Back of the queue " in regards to trade, america is one of our greatest allies.

my 2 pence

Edited by Maximustehgreat

I apologize for my President trying to screw up your country but a day spent messing up other countries is one day less screwing up his own.

1 hour ago, Castile said:

I apologize for my President trying to screw up your country but a day spent messing up other countries is one day less screwing up his own.

I'm curious when the overall tone started where 1 single man or woman is responsible for screwing up an entire nation.  That seems wildly ignorant to me to believe that.

He's just a puppet, (all US Presidents are).... the people who are really screwing everything up stay in the shadows and pull the strings, and avoid all accountability. SSDEra.

Edited by geode

39 minutes ago, geode said:

He's just a puppet, (all US Presidents are).... the people who are really screwing everything up stay in the shadows and pull the strings, and avoid all accountability. SSDEra.

I'm just dumbfounded how most people lead their lives day to day, taking credit for the good choices they make, but blaming others for the bad choices they make.  It's idiotic.

To believe that one singular person really controls every aspect of a nation, good and bad, is ridiculous and ignorant.  That kind of thinking never gets you far in life.

Edited by Slickshot

10 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

I'm just dumbfounded how most people lead their lives day to day, taking credit for the good choices they make, but blaming others for the bad choices they make.  It's idiotic.

You lost me.

*edit* Good Point.

Edited by geode

1 minute ago, geode said:

You lost me.

Amended to bring the point back to the topic.

I too hope the UK leaves the EU, as that should be a good test of whether it will be good for a nation or bad for a nation to leave the EU. If it turns out to be bad then it sucks to be the UK, if it turns out to be good then others will likely follow if things don't change in the EU. On the other hand without the UK in the EU the rest of the EU would likely be more in agreement with each other, as the UK tends to disagrees with things more often than any other nation in the EU right now, so from that point of view it might even help bring the EU closer together if the UK leaves. It would also be interesting to see what Scotland will do, I'd imagine they'd try for indepedence again, and to stay/rejoin the EU.

Makes sense for Obama to believe that the UK should stay in the EU, as that would be in the best interest of the US, so no suprise that he'd take that side as the president of the US. It wouldn't make sense for him to keep his mouth shut on something like that as his people wouldn't expect him to on such an important issue since it will affect the US if the UK leaves the EU since the EU and US have trade agreements but the US and UK do not. Thus trade between the US and UK would be affected and generally trade agreements take quite some time to create. Of course if it takes the UK 10 years to actually leave the EU then that could be enough time to create those new trade agreements, so they can go into effect the moment the UK leaves the EU.

Either way I have my popcorn at the ready to enjoy the fallout, whichever way the wind blows.

Whether it has Obama's approval or not the EU is over all a bad way of handling both intra and international affairs. They're very fast to swoop in and take credit for whatever progress is made within the union, but equally fast to cover up any problem that occurs. They very nearly kicked Greece out for having a monetary crisis instead of making a joint effort to help keep them on track, and they're very fast in establishing laws for the member countries to follow that in reality only applies to some. Not to mention the insane limitations on farming they've established that've ended up alienating a large portion of the already small farmer population within the union. Or the fact that substances that were banned in several of the member countries (because they were proven to be harmful, especially for children) had to be re-introduced again because EU deemed them okay.

• Like 2