Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 21/APR/16

• Bugfix – Salt, flint and gems will now land in the same pile as shards.
  • Bugfix – Floor reinforcements can now be removed even when the tile is at maximum mining depth.
  • Bugfix – During some actions checks for errors should now occur before giving skill gain.
  • Bugfix – Allowed the ability to always lead animals on a PvP server.
  • Bugfix – Expelling kingdom members has been improved, with feedback given upon failures.
  • Bugfix – Combat Rating calculation for Player Vs Player has been corrected to 1 CR point per 5 fight skill.
  • Like 3

Hmm mostly under-the-hood stuff but still good.

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix – During some actions checks for errors should now occur before giving skill gain.

Could some one elaborate for me?

Is it kinda skillgain nerf? Would be good to know if affecting creation and/or imping actions,maybe grinding strategies need amendments. 

Does salt include source crystals as well? Tbh I did not mine a single one since the change on it, from any tile incl. Salt tiles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

This is not really an issue because ever since i started playing this wonderful game, they have all been landing pretty much together anyway.

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Edited by Morrowen

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

This is not really an issue because ever since i started playing this wonderful game, they have all been landing pretty much together anyway.

When mining normally yes :P but with leveling and flattening they wouldnt(atleast thats what i hope its refering to)

• Like 1

waiting for fixes for the rest of the freedom-esque permission issues on pvp servers, such as deeds with no templars having their laws enforced, making it impossible to do anything even when unlawful, for no reason

• Like 3

I've managed to get some better clarification on the error checking bugfix, it's not a nerf.

When your ceiling in your mine was too high and you could not use the level command you got this error: [19:26:35] Lowering the floor further would make the cavern unstable.

However, the error did not stop you from doing the action and you got skillgain while the timer was going.

So clearly a pretty nasty bug that needed to be fixed quickly.

• Like 5

Thank you for the clarification Retro!

On 4/21/2016 at 0:26 AM, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix – Allowed the ability to always lead animals on a PvP server.
  • Bugfix – Combat Rating calculation for Player Vs Player has been corrected to 1 CR point per 5 fight skill.

so you can lead horses again in combat? is this still restricted for pve?

and for the CR how long has pvp been broken? and how much harder and or balanced is it now? seems like a pretty serious change to suddenly have 10+ CR boost for a 99fs vs 50fs player or effectively 5 more cr then previous calculations gave

30 minutes ago, Aum said:

so you can lead horses again in combat? is this still restricted for pve?

the permission system was broken so you couldnt lead on enemy deeds. (iow freedom code broke pvp)

5 hours ago, Aum said:

and for the CR how long has pvp been broken? and how much harder and or balanced is it now? seems like a pretty serious change to suddenly have 10+ CR boost for a 99fs vs 50fs player or effectively 5 more cr then previous calculations gave

It must've been broken since at least 2008. That's when Rolf explained the intended calculation, anyway.

With the old calculation, picking up random bits of CR from outside sources was critical. Being a king or having a 90 Nimbleness weapon, for example, used to provide the equivalent of 60 extra FS. Now it's 15. So in that sense, CR becomes more "accessible" in that you don't need heavily enchanted weapons or kingdom bonuses to compete. It'll also make it much harder to just throw a huge axe on a f2p account and suicide into people, and while this could cause a problem for newbies, realistically speaking, very few people enter PvP with sub-70 FS anyway. So the difference between an entry-level fighter and a top-tier one is 5-6 CR, which seems about right in my opinion.

Downsides include reducing the impact of the anti-gank bonus (not that that was ever really a game-changer in the first place), the effects of slashing weapons' special moves (the ones that say "X loses concentration" are really just CR debuffs, despite the old rumor that it reduces focus), and the CR granted at focus level 3 and above.

Flanking, height bonus, and footing are multiplicative rather than additive, so that should all remain as effective as it was before. Same goes for the penalty received from being bashed and fighting on an enemy home server.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this