Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Green Dog redesign Contest voting!

Redesign contest  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Redesign contest voting

• Keep current starter deed
    • Vote for new starter deed

Great work on completing the Green Dog starter Village! (and finally moving those out of place silver lamps, yea noticed them too)

One comment I would make is that I really don't see the point of those gates at the entrance points. Since they are only 1 tile back it makes luring surrounding mobs onto that tile to be attacked a bit of a problem. My preference really would be to not have any gates and just let the mobs either wander inside on their own to be killed or give players plenty of room to run inside with the aggro's on their tail to be more easily killed several tiles inside the deed. Glasshollow is like this and it has worked out fine to eliminate these mobs around it.

If this gate fixation must be maintained at least make them 2-3 tiles inside the deed so that mobs following players running from them will have more room to step onto a deed tile to be attacked by the Spirit Templars there. This would seem to me to be the reason for having so many ST's on the deed anyway. This doesn't detract from the fine work done on remodeling Green Dog but is just a minor point that I don't see as being really beneficial to those who would rather not deal with these aggro's lurking outside.

=Ayes=

Tbh plan and initial design were supposed to be without gates.

19 hours ago, Odynn said:

Tbh plan and initial design were supposed to be without gates.

Yes, well they can be removed eh? Again I will site Glasshollow as a great "un-gated" design where the chasing mobs can be easily led inside by those not capable or interested in messing with them. Other than this the redesign is very nice indeed.

=Ayes=

well, the deed requirements were fenced on the outside but without gates... so meh... dunna what happened there and only a GM can now change the deed.