Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 14/04/16

Just now, Erinyesthegreat said:

Why they got told what was needed on forums.

But what are they doing to fix? answer one pvp fix that prob took 10mins to rework the code?

Retro was told what didnt work. From there the dev team needs to identify what can be done to make it work. 

This includes a lot of time discussing alternatives, and the follow on effect. A big one is sotg. Now people have said that will mean everyone dies in 2 hits from 2h axe and truestrike, so that needs to be addressed as well, but how? Nerfing the huge axe affects more players than just PvPers, and truestrike could be changed, but that change needs to continue to be balanced.

Counter to that, allowing archery in heavy armour again, shields become more important, but how does that tip combat balance, is using a 2h axe still viable? Is it nerfed too heavily if the huge axe no lonhger does the same damage?

Telling the devs what doesnt work or feel right in a game is good. Don't expect to know how to fix it though.

2 minutes ago, Egard said:

The damage to pvp servers is already done, on peak hours we barely break 60 players on the epic cluster as whole.

The longer you take the more inversabile the situation will be. It's been roughly 20 days since you put up the first feedback thread up and so far all we got was a change that takes approximately 2 mins to do.

It's become more and more evident that you truely have no intentions to fixing pvp situations.

these small changes you are going to put in every now and then are meant to just bandaid and keep fueling the hope we have that you will fix situations while starving us out, until it's even more dead and you have a justifiable reason (complete lack of population) to either shut it down or just stop updating pvp things.

You guys (Dev) are too optimistic about what these changes will bring, this situation with pvp servers should be your number one priority at the moment to stop the decline instead of working on things for a already satisfied community (pve).

If you have one Dev dedicated to these fixes they can be done in matter of two weeks a month max ( all of them ).

Also lets just say the Dev team / staff aren't the best at gauging how these changes will effect the live servers considering they don't play ( most of them atleast to my knowledge ).

You have a community that's losing all hopes and has been eager for these changes or else they wouldn't be making such a fuss about it why not implement them and gauge and fix the changes progressively with feedback from the people actually playing.

Rather then sit there and theory craft what impact these will have. Don't get me wrong the info minister change was good, but it was the bare minimum that needed to be done and should have been done 4 months ago when a suggestions thread was put up and unanimous support by all it was affecting. 

So rush the changes, then see what comes of it? 

That always worked well

For every suggestion in the pvp thread, there were 10 people saying that idea would make them quit. Until the pvp server can agree on changes, there's not much the devs can do without upsetting a lot of people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kelody said:

For every suggestion in the pvp thread, there were 10 people saying that idea would make them quit. Until the pvp server can agree on changes, there's not much the devs can do without upsetting a lot of people.

They dont care either way i.e. fountain pans.

• Like 2

How about they make PvP interesting for new players, make people WANT to go there rather than just the small community that is there already? Perhaps some players would like to check out PvP but hear every day how sotg is OP and how information minister ruins roaming.

Perhaps, just maybe, taking the time to ensure these changes are balanced would lead to more people checking out pvp and the numbers rising, rather than kneejerk reactions to make half the currently tiny pvp population happy while the other half walk away for good? 

57 minutes ago, SeeD said:

That always worked well

The Dev/staff team has relied on the community so far to identify the issues, suggest possible solutions and everything that has been done regarding these changes. Who better then the community to gauge the impact of them. Role the changes in and make a feed back thread and take it from there. You can't compare it to before because these changes are different they are targeted sepicifically at one community of the game only, they are a direct resolute of community feedback as well not a change some Dev alone thought would be good and put in. All in all the community thats is the best source of feed back and to see how well the changes are. The biggest damage is already been done the wound is just growing, what's the worse that can happen the changes suck and are horrible and people stop playing ? Well guess what they are already doing that. Retro and whoever it is has done a good job in listening to multiple feedbacks of different opinions and reaching a middle ground on them, as long as they keep that up there shouldn't be a issue with implementing these changes soon as possible and taking it from there with hotfixes and such. Also I don't know of anyone that said if you implement these changes I am gone for good. 

@Erinyesthegreatyou need to leave the house / computer a bit you sound like you are going to have a heart attack or something. Go drink some tea or something. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 4

Hahahaha, you waited this long to simply delete a piece of code?

Wow.

I was expecting some decent pvp update considering the wait time...

Ya devs realise the pvp community is nearing the point of no recovery on epic, right? (if it hasn't already passed it...)

If you think you got a whole year of designing the update before releases, then think again.

If you don't actually assign any dev to work hardcore on pvp, then its goodbye to epic.

Remember this from TS Retro?

<22:26:06> Zekezor: gonna do tldr: Feels like its gonna be a lot of talking and 0 action.
<22:34:07> egard mobile: actions > words and his actions have not demonstrated it
<22:35:50> Josh: zeke why do you keep asking questions he cant have an actual answer to
<22:36:12> Josh: he cant speak for sure whats going to happen days from now
<22:36:12> Monokles: it's zeke
<22:36:17> Josh: i know it is
<22:36:24> Monokles: won't stop until his autism is satisfied :D
<22:36:27> DannyNG: like who the ###### let zeke in here
<22:36:37> Zekezor: ***** im not gonna sit here and just listen to him say "oh yea we will fix everything, no worries bro" and take his word for it
<22:36:41> Zekezor: we have had like 5 diffrent PR persons
<22:36:44> Zekezor: they all bullshitted
<22:36:47> Zekezor: why would i believe the new one?

Right now (after all the delay and just the information minister change) me and pretty much everyone else thinks the same.

WHO is doing pvp changes and WHEN are they comming and WHAT is decided?

It just sounds like you throw out random buzzwords to stall time while nothing appears to be happening.

Need to discuss a lot internally among devs about balance?

1 DAY MEETING. 8 HOURS. BOOM. DONE.
NOT ENOUGH? HAVE 2 DAYS.

Need more feedback?

POST IT. WAIT A DAY OR TWO. BOOM. DONE.

Need code done?

ASSIGN A DEV. LET HIM WORK ON IT 8 HOURS A DAY.

SHITLOAD OF STUFF DONE IN A WEEK. GG.

Now the question is:

WTF ARE WE WAITING FOR RIGHT NOW?

Edit:

We even got a thread in the epic discussion section from a newbie that joined in february... its about the population.... It's called "This is sad". And in the skirmish thread he talks about how he hopes he will find people to fight once he is done with his fs training...

Wake up ffs.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 5

Looks like I sold at the right time, but the low numbers has been an issue for years. The game is just to slow, even on epic. No one streams the game because what viewer wants to stare at cave walls with you for hours?

2 hours ago, SeeD said:

This thread is literally you raging about player pop an hour after a restart.

Relax, the updates are coming, most PvPers are patient enough as long as these changes come in balanced. Retro said it would take time

the people you see posting is "most", i'm trying to be patient but i was already waiting for 2yrs+ for these changes that should have been in/not added from the start.

hopefully it changes sooner than later, i'm done with the game, most the people i played with for years and years have been gone for months.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

• Bugfix – Many grammar and spelling issues corrected.

GOOD FIX! 10/10! PEEVEEPEEEEEEEE!

3 hours ago, Zekezor said:

WHO is doing pvp changes and WHEN are they comming and WHAT is decided?

It just sounds like you throw out random buzzwords to stall time while nothing appears to be happening.

This. Retro has spoke that things are coming and mechanics are going to change - big plans in motion but has failed to actually tell us what they are. 

If you gave more information we could give feedback whilst you work on them and if the changes are as big as you say then we'd feel a little more patient instead of sitting on our hands just to see a piece of code deleted after 4 weeks of announcement. 

Frustrated and let down by this weeks update. It should have contained more. 

Edited by _Teal_
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Branches, Rock Iron and slate/marble shards can now be discarded from inventory.

Now please add a discard option to Keys to the Heavens

Thanks

• Like 1

thanks for the changes i guess, seems pvp wants more fixes though. :mellow:

can't make anyone happy these days...

8 hours ago, SeeD said:

Retro was told what didnt work. From there the dev team needs to identify what can be done to make it work. 

This includes a lot of time discussing alternatives, and the follow on effect. A big one is sotg. Now people have said that will mean everyone dies in 2 hits from 2h axe and truestrike, so that needs to be addressed as well, but how? Nerfing the huge axe affects more players than just PvPers, and truestrike could be changed, but that change needs to continue to be balanced.

Counter to that, allowing archery in heavy armour again, shields become more important, but how does that tip combat balance, is using a 2h axe still viable? Is it nerfed too heavily if the huge axe no lonhger does the same damage?

Telling the devs what doesnt work or feel right in a game is good. Don't expect to know how to fix it though.

The issue with nerfing gone regarding huge axes and true strike isn't nerfing gone. It isn't even with huge axes (mostly). The issue is with the insane snowball effect one receives when stacking buffs. Even using one buff often causes the problems because the buffs are often so absurdly huge that it seems like someone just typed in a number that seemed good enough. "Well, it has to have some effect. Five percent seems too small; let's try fifty percent, that'll do."

The issue with archery in heavy armor isn't an issue with archery. It's an issue with armor balance. Archery itself does sod all in terms of DPS when compared to most melee weapons and certainly cannot even come close to most melee weapons in damage per hit. Shields also have near 100% block rate within their small blocking radii, but the large dead zones leave opportunities for flanking, thus creating incentive for coordinated archery attacks against enemy players. Even before archery was nerfed several times, it was only used against players during boat fights, and even then only on drivers and priests to interrupt casting because it was a pretty poor option (moreso now).

Weapons can now be switched fairly easily. Having a two hander out isn't really a gimp anymore because you can just switch. They shouldn't be that much less viable than they are now.

8 hours ago, Kelody said:

And most of those people threatening to quit if the game was actually balanced believed that the game was balanced and that [insert mechanic with no counter here] was actually balanced and didn't need to be changed. You find these types in every game. They're the ones whining "AWW HE HAS A SHOTGUN THAT'S CHEAP WHATTA NOOB" instead of just staying outside the five meter max range of hitscan shotties. No one wants to play with kids like that. They ruin the game, especially when devs actually listen to them (or - gasp - actually design the game specifically for them).

I presume a lot of these rants above are related to wurm online, as a wurm unlimited fan, who spends most of his time on the creative server I have no idea what all these changes are about lol.

16 hours ago, SeeD said:

That always worked well

if they'd have started fixing things suggested by players when they were suggested, it wouldnt have been 'rushed'. The problem we have here is the fact the problems have built up over time and now the pvp game is such a complete mess that so much needs to be done to fix it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

What is the rush if there is only 60 people left on epic.

haha lol are you serious mate.

The 'rush' is to make this number grow before its too late (if its not too late already as has been said).

4 hours ago, ozmods said:

I presume a lot of these rants above are related to wurm online, as a wurm unlimited fan, who spends most of his time on the creative server I have no idea what all these changes are about lol.

then perhaps your comment was not needed then?

11 minutes ago, Drastox said:

then perhaps your comment was not needed then?

maybe I was trying to find out what it was all about DUH, have you not heard of curiosity...geez

42 minutes ago, ozmods said:

maybe I was trying to find out what it was all about DUH, have you not heard of curiosity...geez

If your so curious, this forum is filled with current and past info you could read through to catch up

Sign in to follow this