Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 14/04/16

• Information Minister territory messages have been removed.
  • Branches, Rock Iron and slate/marble shards can now be discarded from inventory.
  • Bugfix – Some reported height problems with creating bridges have been resolved. If you were affected by this bug please log a support ticket for material reimbursement.
  • Bugfix – Many grammar and spelling issues corrected.
    • “After breeding you will start stop leading.” is now “After you finish breeding you will stop leading.”
    • “Rumours of The Unique Name is starting to spread.” is now “Rumours of The Unique Name are starting to spread.”
  • Like 4

• Information Minister territory messages have been removed.

awesome update ;)

• Like 1

So...in another 2 months we might get sotg down to 25%? :P

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Meep said:

So...in another 2 months we might get sotg down to 25%? :P

Really depends, many alternate issues have been thrown up, so we really do need to evaluate the impact rather than just chucking them in and seeing how it goes.

I highly doubt 2 months, but I'd rather we spend more time ensuring once it goes in it works, than spending that time trying to fix it after its in

• Like 2

Pvp slain by Information Minister

We won't have this problem? Yay!!!!!

So all we need to wait for is-

1. SotG nerf

2. Tower conquering and easily placing a minimum size cheap deed down dead center of enemy territory which would be close to impossible to remove because of... #3 oh and did i mention CHEAP, MINIMUM SIZED deeds?

3. Karma porting. remove it pls

4. Karma porting. remove it pls

5. Karma porting. remove it pls

6. Karma porting. remove it pls

7. Find a way to increase war deed costs since putting one down is literally like 2s a month and it can hold a positions for uhh idk YEARS?!!?!?!?!

I've mentioned the system. The further away a deed from the capital the more expensive it gets (exponentially). Prevents engulfing of the map.

8. After implementing these changes, reset Chaos since the map is literally, entirely, and all creds to MR... red.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Banzai said:

1. SotG nerf - Looking at it, evaluating run on effects atm (huge axes, truestrike, etc)

2. Tower conquering and easily placing a minimum size cheap deed down dead center of enemy territory which would be close to impossible to remove because of... #3 oh and did i mention CHEAP, MINIMUM SIZED deeds? - Being looked at as well, need to ensure a working system though

3. Karma porting. remove it pls - also in the works! Full details not ironed out yet though

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Banzai said:

Karma porting. remove it pls

awww means i cant karma from our boat mine to the token cause im lazy

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Really depends, many alternate issues have been thrown up, so we really do need to evaluate the impact rather than just chucking them in and seeing how it goes.

I highly doubt 2 months, but I'd rather we spend more time ensuring once it goes in it works, than spending that time trying to fix it after its in

rly spend more time on a fix to pvp have u looked at the drop in epic / chaos numbers lately. I rly think u need something now before the damage is to much unless u guys want the pvp servers to DIE?

Just now, Erinyesthegreat said:

rly spend more time on a fix to pvp have u looked at the drop in epic / chaos numbers lately. I rly think u need something now before the damage is to much unless u guys want the pvp servers to DIE?

I don't think that rushing changes without evaluating the impact is a good idea. We want to improve PvP, that includes making sure it works and doesnt have unexpected (or completely expected) drawbacks

• Like 1

Elevation max 11 people online right now for a pvp server. I would say me right and change needs to come now

3 minutes ago, Erinyesthegreat said:

Elevation max 11 people online right now for a pvp server. I would say me right and change needs to come now

come join us on chaos, still new people appearing.

and please don't rush changes, lets try and keep things balanced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shakys said:

come join us on chaos, still new people appearing.

and please don't rush changes, lets try and keep things balanced.

No rushes. We want things done right. BUT we don't want those to take forever. I'm sure the graphs speak for themselves. Premium players have dropped especially from the PvP community. 

Expediting PvP fixes will encourage people to return and encourage those who felt PvP was broken to try it out. 

• Like 3

"RAWRR. Why don't you test your update before releasing them live."  <-----People after untested update.

"RAWRR. Hurry and fix this now or everyone will leave NOW." <-------People after waiting for the testing they demanded.

I like 50% SotG. Take as long as needed to "fully" test it. :P

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Banzai said:

1. SotG nerf - Looking at it, evaluating run on effects atm (huge axes, truestrike, etc)

2. Tower conquering and easily placing a minimum size cheap deed down dead center of enemy territory which would be close to impossible to remove because of... #3 oh and did i mention CHEAP, MINIMUM SIZED deeds? - Being looked at as well, need to ensure a working system though

3. Karma porting. remove it pls - also in the works! Full details not ironed out yet though

Well I have some questions Retro. Who is evaluating? I don't mean to sound acerbic but I'd be much more reassured to have experienced players evaluate the effects of a nerfed SotG. Devs and staff members are not enough as we've seen over and over again in the past 7 years I've been playing this game. 

A working system is this and I don't know why this hasn't been in the suggestions. Remove tower conquering. Bring back old tower mechanics of chaining towers and removing only by bashing. So many deeds have been placed where they shouldn't be because a kingdom can cap a handful of towers deed in enemy territory OR just build a tower in a non-influence zone. Chaining towers will require the kingdom to spread from a capital instead of popping a deed in the NW corner then the SE corner. Homelands of kingdoms will be isolated to a certain region of the map. This with the addition of deeds being further away from the capital being more expensive will 1. prevent a kingdom from violent expansion. 2. by limiting the kingdom's capability to literally put deeds everywhere people can roam and thus create more PvP. 

As for karma teleport, details don't need to be "ironed out". Get rid of it. Only teleports that should be allowed IMO is using twigs and an adjusted version of the meditation teleport home where you would need a CD after joining a village to teleport there.

We've seen the WU code. This shouldn't be and shouldn't have been a 2 month long project. 

• Like 5

I don't mean to sound ungrateful by the way. Removing Information Minister is literally the best update I've seen in since 2014.

But

it

shouldn't

take

this 

long

no

matter

the 

situation

I look forward to future updates. I just hope they come soon. For the sake of the PvP servers. 

• Like 1

Erinyesthegreat, dude, calm down.

glad to see things are changing, regardless of how slow it appears to be :)

(Though I am curious if people on WU can make all the changes faster than the dev's at this point lol)

• Like 1

yea this is true but we pay good money to play / live on this server & what are we getting back for our money answer not one thing our account atm worth 0 since most left epic atm waiting for pvp patch update.

1 hour ago, Fooligun said:

(Though I am curious if people on WU can make all the changes faster than the dev's at this point lol)

I've been considering making a "bare minimum" wu mod that's just a server jar rebuilt from the ground up with only desired features and none of the fluff, with reliability and bug-free-ness being the primary aims.  Would start with the server launcher and implement everything required to at least host a server and connect, and then just start adding simple but necessary features, until it resembles a cleaner version of wurm. Would be a lot of work though so I probably wouldn't want to do it alone, and I'm not sure if it's even allowed 

1 hour ago, Fooligun said:

Given there's no need to care about balance, raging on the forums, ensuring that all exploitable issues and such are closed off, working across two seperate servers with two completely different systems, working with the entire community sure, I think a WU modder could do it faster, doesn't make it better.

Edited by SeeD

no me not gonna calm down cause WU can may these updates way faster than this group of dev's and atm as it is I see my game time and money being wasted

The damage to pvp servers is already done, on peak hours we barely break 60 players on the epic cluster as whole. The longer you take the more inversabile the situation will be. It's been roughly 20 days since you put up the first feedback thread up and so far all we got was a change that takes approximately 2 mins to do. It's become more and more evident that you truely have no intentions to fixing pvp situations these small changes you are going to put in every now and then are meant to just bandaid and keep fueling the hope we have that you will fix situations while starving us out, until it's even more dead and you have a justifiable reason (complete lack of population) to either shut it down or just stop updating pvp things. You guys (Dev) are too optimistic about what these changes will bring, this situation with pvp servers should be your number one priority at the moment to stop the decline instead of working on things for a already satisfied community (pve). If you have one Dev dedicated to these fixes they can be done in matter of two weeks a month max ( all of them ). Also lets just say the Dev team / staff aren't the best at gauging how these changes will effect the live servers considering they don't play ( most of them atleast to my knowledge ). You have a community that's losing all hopes and has been eager for these changes or else they wouldn't be making such a fuss about it why not implement them and gauge and fix the changes progressively with feedback from the people actually playing. Rather then sit there and theory craft what impact these will have. Don't get me wrong the info minister change was good, but it was the bare minimum that needed to be done and should have been done 4 months ago when a suggestions thread was put up and unanimous support by all it was affecting. 

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this