Sign in to follow this  
Theraptorking

My first day in Wurm

So, I heard about this game through one of my friends and I decided to try to out. I was stumped on a username so I decided on Theraptorking. So, I created my account and downloaded the game. As every player starts, I landed in Golden Valley. I  was looking at the art style thinking that it looked pretty good. Afterwards, I looked through my inventory and equipped my armor, sword, shield, backpack, and toolbelt. I later changed my features with my hand mirror. After that, I went through the tutorial, learning the basics of the game. After all that, it was time to choose a server. I chose PvE as it sounded like a better chance of survival. I then chose Independence and warped through the portal. As I landed in The Howl, I immediately set out to explore my surroundings for resources. After the equivalent of a full day in Wurm, I realized that I only found trees. No clay, tar, iron, or other resources. I guess I was in the wrong area. I then found an abandoned field and made my first campfire. Between the constant fueling of my campfire, I did something I'm sure no other newbs would have done. I opened up the Wurmpedia and researched the game. After what felt like an hour of articles, I had learned a lot about the game. The sun had risen. so I set out to the West, as The Howl was too crowded. After a while, I came across the Inner Sea. Looking for a way to cross the Sea without heading South, I found the Eleiral Boat Bridge. I crossed it and ended up in Rockport. I then found an empty area and put down my tent. Then I logged out. I was afterwards addicted to the game.     

• Like 11

Very good first steps :D Wurmpedia is a great resource to get in picture on the basics of Wurm, don't feel lost if you think if the mechanics of this game is too complicated. I still learn new things after 2.5 years of quite intensive playing. Don't be shy to use the CA Help chat channel ingame and I'm quite sure a lot of the players around you are also happy to help to find out how to do things. And most importantly: welcome!

Beware, it is addictive ...

Well first I do have commend you on using the Wurmpedia as a new player. Most people call me the Wurmpedia addict because every time a player has a question I will link them to the respective wurmpedia article. However, a friend once told me that The Wurmpedia is 99% accurate only 63% of the time and I think that is extremely important to remember then using the wiki. 

However, I do also have to commend you on being a new player but still being active in the great community. Wurm is a game but it is also a family. I love it when new players see that and they create a forum account and are active in conversations that happen here as well as active in chat weather it is just banter or serious conversations. I have seen you in both of those places a lot. 

But like my friend Jaz above me said, the mechanics can be very confusing at times, however, don't get discouraged. I have been playing for a god 4 years now (on and off) and I am still learning new things about this game. Also I am glad that Indy is getting some love, our server population has been on the lower side lately. 

But with all that being said, welcome to Wurm. I hope it doesn't become a chore for you like it has for all the other newbies. Just remember it is a game but it is also a family of players. If you ever need a place to stay Narclaedra at H17 on Indy is always open for you. 

Looking forward to seeing you in game a lot more (at dragon slayings, impalongs, huts, etc.). If you ever want to talk my PM (in game Zachariah) is always open both here on the forums and in game. 

Thanks, 

Zachariah :) 

Thrilling story.  I fainted at the part where you opened Wurmpedia as a newbie.  After my head bounced off the desk I awoke and picked up where I had left off.

• Like 1

Wurmpedia, CA Help chat tab and everyone you run into in the game are all excellent places to get questions answered.  9 out of 10 people will drop what they are doing to help you learn the game, or even help you with a project that might be above your skill. 

Welcome to Wurm!

• Like 2

Exactly what Wurmhole said, most people will help you above what they're doing. The Storm Land alliance can take care of you though if you ever feel like going back to Inde! We're all as helpful as can be.

• Like 1