Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Blue dragon hunt on Sunday - you are welcome to show up for blood and scale

1 hour ago, Silvirwolfe said:

IMO, Dragon fights (along with any other unique)have always been first come, first serve. In the past, were there questions about this when there was only 1 unique type mob per server? Yes. But the truth is, now they spawn more than once now.. Maybe not exactly when you want them to, but they do. Look for the mobs. The reason they are found so quickly is because they are actively searched for. If it is an open raid, GREAT! If not, then it is what it is. There will be other dragons/uniques on other servers and our own. Good luck on the fight and remember the most important thing... HAVE FUN! In the end they are just pixels :)

Amen! 

Thanks for  going public with slaying.

With so much drama  about this dragon,could expect record number  of players in local. Can we expect 5 hours of sleep bonus as compensation for server crash ?   o.O

They found and penned a dragon, so they can kill it however they want to do so, secretly, privately, publicly, doesn't matter. Don't worry Jaz and Aly I wish you all best luck. 

Sadly I can't take a part, I'm out of town, during very important research work, so I'll be back in wurm in 2 days or so.... i hope. :(

:) I am drunk, so I will give my 2 cents :) Dragon, people, loot, drama - who cares :) if you will get a walnut, angels - give me a shout please :) 

Edited by bangzuvelis

If there is 100 people in local then that is more hide for everyone than the minimum that can be given out.

A lot of people are happy to sell their blood or their hide. There is always more blood with more people.

If a group wants the kill and the loot from the dragon itself, I am fine with that. I didn't find it after all.

Spoiler

10eTo4o.jpg

Spoiler

NAfpTn3.jpg

Spoiler

xkYLoGh.jpg

Spoiler

h9rr77r.jpg

Thanks to everyone for organizing it. I miss coming to these things and am hoping for more in the future. 

• Like 6

Thx  for great event.

It was nice to see so many accounts  in local ( 218 I think).  

Was running two clients and  no dc or crash. :)

D09E1EC.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the fight, guys!

kTyQa3B.jpg

MfSYg4H.jpg

• Like 4

It was real fun!

I think at the height of local, we had just under 250 people. :)

Thanks everyone for the wonderful time, and expect to see some more events like this soon (although I may have to hire some different loot rollers)! :D

Edit: Forgot to mention, thanks to Jaz, Annyil, Joeix, and Marinealt and Necroedarkslayer from Jenn Kellon for the generous donations for the event. :)

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

Grats to Zorradon to your new 90ql pickaxe - it is now in your mailbox :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the work been put into the current hunt by Aly/Xallo and all the team as always!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

Grats to Zorradon to your new 90ql pickaxe - it is now in your mailbox :D

Thanks!  Just picked it up.

On 4/9/2016 at 1:47 AM, JakeRivers said:

The only reason its public is because others discovered the location after the failed attempt to slay it, they are not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. ;)

always knew this, will take a long while for people to realize but meh...people..

Edited by Hashirama

On 4/9/2016 at 3:01 AM, JakeRivers said:

Some groups do not turn things into a 'public' event when things do not work out in there favor to make themselves look like generous folks, this is the crux of the matter. 

What is the term for this? Hypocrite?

said this over and over again, people still dont realize xD 
For them these so called dragon hunters are gods and pro players and newbies always call them for dragon hunts even when there are better options out there. There are people out there who let newbies take a major part of loot and not let them rely on random rolls. I hope the new players who find these dragon locations take a lesson from this and contact the right people.

51 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

said this over and over again, people still dont realize xD 
For them these so called dragon hunters are gods and pro players and newbies always call them for dragon hunts even when there are better options out there. There are people out there who let newbies take a major part of loot and not let them rely on random rolls. I hope the new players who find these dragon locations take a lesson from this and contact the right people.

I'll help you out, here's a plug to your totally fair  "we do nothing other than show up but take 2/3 valrei charges" thread

• Like 3

Could a mod please lock this thread, or clean-up the off-topic posts?

Above is a link to a summary of what happened. And for what it's worth, loot was rolled, along with some more goodies. :)

Also, if you disagree with the current mechanics, then please by all means, go make a suggestion in the boards. As for now, the best that can be done is to allow private groups to look for the uniques, host a slaying for the public to gather bloods and hides, and to take a small award for doing so (and for what it's worth, I didn't get anything even after finding it).

Have a nice day, and hopefully there will be more to come! :D

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

The public event itself was a marvellous get-together; very positive.  Good to see absolutely everyone there, and a proper good buzz.  And extra prizes in public raffle, which was much appreciated by the crowds.  Thanks for the invitation.

When I first started playing Wurm, I saw the advanced-level players with their leet kit, their large, walled estates and fabulous show-animals and bred-animals, I didn't think "that's unfair", I thought "that's something to aspire to, a point to this game: I can have all of that if I want it and wurk for it".  They had astronomical skills that meant something,

About the time I'd worked through the hard way to close to 70FS, there was a lot of complaint that fighting was too hard, and suddenly my FS was devalued because anyone could now get to 70FS in a few days.  I hated that.

At the exact time that I penned my first (egg-laying) dragon, and I thought "oh, boy, I've made it!", there rose from the masses a cry of "it's not FAIR, people are penning dragons and having an ADVANTAGE in the GAME".  Well, excuse me, but that's patently ridiculous.  However, the devs acquiesced and gave the whiners what they wanted and more: dragons became almost impossible to pen, and goodbye eggs, they're not for us now.  I lost a whole Christmas three week holiday to the adventure of penning dragons, and it was all for nothing, because the game changed beneath my feet.

Now, there are dragons spawning left, right and centre, and theoretically anybody can own them and the slaying.  And the people who don't get involved in the tracking are saying "it's not fair".  Stop!  Are you all communists?  It's a game, and you need - NEED - to play to win if you want to win.  I'm sick of it.

The latest thing for me is Shield of The Gone - I'm close to getting that, and because people say it's too powerful for PVP, it's about to be nerfed.  My question to those people - those PVPers - is why the heck did you not think about that when you chose a meditation path?  Stop ruining the game for me plz thanks.

Anyway, nice party yesterday :D

• Like 2

Thread has run its course, so locked.

Pandalet (ALFM)