Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Speed up carts

I know that they are going to look at speeding up the boats but i think they should speed up carts too. I use a small cart around the deed sometimes and there is no need for it to be so slow when loaded. Even on a small deed it can be a pain when you want to drag a few things someplace. 

• Like 1

+1

Small carts have very limited uses nowadays.  I still use one, once a week, to harvest about 1,000 tiles of wemp.  Because wemp is so heavy (in both weight and volume) I can only carry 70 and still be able to walk, and I can't stuff hundreds into satchels in my inventory and continue farming... like I can with garlic, corn, etc.  Instead, I have to drag a small cart with cauldrons/backpacks to hold the wemp while I farm.

It would be a nice quality of life change, but the only time it bothers me is when I drag the small cart back to the BSB to empty my cauldrons.  The rest of the time I'm dragging it (Actively harvesting my tiles), the slow cart speed is accompanied by waiting for the action timer of harvesting, so 90% of the time it doesn't really bother me.

Whats with all of these sudden changes to the game to make it easier? Meh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ramaraunt said:

Whats with all of these sudden changes to the game to make it easier? Meh

How is making a cart faster making your game any less appealing? I guess if you want to go slower you can always add more stuff in your inventory, lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

if you wanna use a small cart live with the disadvantages, they're most likely there for a reason. For example to attract newer players to go premium to be able to command a large cart.

if you want it to be faster, use a large cart with horses if you can.

if you want it even faster, get hell horses with good gear, rare/supreme large cart.

2 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Speed boost to dragging on deed might be nice. 

and please dont go ahead just adding this to anything. i can think about several situations where this would end up a bad thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kegan said:

How is making a cart faster making your game any less appealing? I guess if you want to go slower you can always add more stuff in your inventory, lol

Its like Runescape recently added ways to make a bazzillion gold in a few seconds through Treasure Hunter. Sure its great and all... but I miss the times when money was actually hard to get.

If you're thinking of speed depending on the cart quality, then +1. Perfectly round wheels do tend to roll faster than eggshaped wheels.

But just a minor increase. They still should be slow when loaded, especially in dirt.

Otherwise

• Like 1

large cart with decent hellhorses goes like 35 km/h lol

how fast do you want it to be?

41 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

large cart with decent hellhorses goes like 35 km/h lol

how fast do you want it to be?

As in the op i was more referring to small carts 

1 hour ago, Kegan said:

Unfortunately the logic that so many use 'if you don't like it, don't use it' is deeply flawed

If you don't use a feature of the game but others do, you will end up on the losing end - e.g. if you don't want to take a car to save the environment but others do, then not only you are going to take longer to get to work every day but you will also be more tired as you have less time to sleep due to needing to wake up earlier; for an in-game example: if people would not use the menu server crossings because 'they spoil the immersion of the game' but others do you can potentially waste hours on end sailing and lose contracts/miss unique events - because be sure everyone else will get there before you - as no one will wait for a slowpoke that refuses to use something at his dispoasal

to the topic: I believe small carts are fast enough, no need to have speed racer carts, we got large carts for that

+1 to all quality of life changes 

I for one don't miss the long load/unload timers, bsb/fsb loss, one rope per animal,  the over complected sailing/server crossings... this is just one more of the thing that needs a little help to make the game more enjoyable when played.   

Edited by Kegan

This would make it easier for defenders to lug bricks up for longhouse repairs, -1.

7 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

This would make it easier for defenders to lug bricks up for longhouse repairs, -1.

Do people really do that? I would think you would have a bsb on each tile i know that is what i would do if i was on a pvp server. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

So split the code and let those who want to have fun on PvE run around with their fast carts, and everyone on Chaos can continue to crawl around?

I think at times people forget it is a game we play for fun, not a simulation of 'life' at realtime speeds.

There is nothing fun or rewarding about dragging a cart at 5km/h compared to 10km/h. All it does is increase playtime for no extra gain...something that really prohibits the more casual gamer from enjoying Wurm.

If you've only got 1-2 hours a day to play Wurm, it's not much fun to spend half that time dragging a cart when you could be doing other, fun things if the cart were pulled faster between destinations.

• Like 4

I like this but if too many people don't then how about adding the ability to lead hitched animals along with their cart.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aeryck said:

I like this but if too many people don't then how about adding the ability to lead hitched animals along with their cart.

That would be great! The ability to have the cart without hopping on and off a large cart/wagon would be extremely useful for things such as farming.

It would also enable you to bring a small cart with you at normal walking speeds.

7 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

I think it is more about the person suggesting it then the actual idea, lol

I do wish we could lead a hitched lg cart around for sure or even a sm cart with a hitched sheep or something..haha

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

+1 to small cart speeds. No need for large.  We have Shoe QL, WoA, Horse traits and types (hells) to make them abundantly fast.  Smalls would be a huge benefit if they could be dragged at a more useful speed.

-1 for pvp I suppose, but I say -1 to using one code base for both pve and pvp.  I think a huge percentage of complaints in pve and pvp have been directly tied to having a single code base to manage both.

This is more about raising the minimum speed then raising the maximum speed I think?

Well this was more or less about the carts going so slow when you drag them. I guess i should have made the topic more specific but i am open for any improvements to carts. 

I tend to live in places that are hard to get too so i don't really use a hitched lg cart much unless i am building or hauling something big but i use a small cart a lot for odd jobs and it gets old dragging it around at 5-6 km/h. I would be happy if it was doubled and i don't see that as unreasonable. 

Edited by Kegan

well I don't do much farming but I do know harvesting those 900 tile fields is a pita, they really need to make something for those farmers that would ease there load capacity, maybe a special veggie cart

personally I drag around small carts quite often when doing brick work and once you take the armor off the legs/chest/head its not too bad at all really, when I am doing work with slabs I use a large cart

It all comes down to managing your loads to your body stats.

Yes do leave bsb's full of bricks in your long house, I love free bricks. ;)