Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Plan Bridge - N.W. corner has changed since planning [Fixed]

Two sides flat, not at same altitude (but very close)
when i try to make a wide bridge with no obstructions below, i receive the error message;
`You notice that the north west corner of the plan has changed height since the start of the planning phase.`

Other than me and me, there is no body here and nothing has moved. (see Image)

Spoiler

NUaxnZf.jpg

Also related; a post from the Wurm Unlimited section;

Steveleeb, try positioning yourself or your helper on a different quadrant of the tile they are standing on to see if you can get a successful plan.

ex:  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/127679-you-notice-that-the-west-bridge-end-does-not-butt-all-to-same-building-all-way-along/&do=findComment&comment=1316156

If that doesn't work, try logging out both parties for /lotime and attempt the plan again - sometimes there seems to be some invisible rubberbanding.

If nothing works, let us know the server and the deed or closest location to where you are trying this - maybe leave  colossus bricks on the spots so a GM or Dev can take a look.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm having the same Problem, trying to build a bridge from the 4th floor of a 1x1 building. I've already made a bridge from it east, but now trying to plan west I'm running into this error message. I've tried all the things suggested in your link Alectrys, but no joy. I'm at map reference I24 on Release. Trying to build from a building named "West Tower" 10 tiles west, marked with a wolf corpse.

On 08/04/2016 at 2:20 PM, Alectrys said:

If nothing works, let us know the server and the deed or closest location to where you are trying this - maybe leave  colossus bricks on the spots so a GM or Dev can take a look.

no joy for me either, Horse, Deliverance D24, north moat (E<>W).
(have left bricks as suggested) I'll probably try again in a week then put a ticket in.

Edited by Steveleeb

I'm also having this issue.  Tried logging off both avatars, changed sides, tried moving both to different parts of the tiles on both sides, no success.

Server: Independence

Deed: Albia Estates - north west corner of the deed, East-West bridge to span the narrow entrance (5 tiles) to a lagoon to the north  north-east.  East end of the bridge would be right next to (2 tiles north of) an unfinished colossus of Vynora 

Skyefox

Mayor: Albia Estates

Thanks for the reports.  I've managed to reproduce this on the test server and added the issue to the bug list.

• Like 1

Same issue here. Deli D24, but different deed from Stevelee's. (Storybrooke)

Joelle and I are experiencing this next door to Stevelee, Please bug-fix.. <3

* Also attempted with two separate people, as opposed to alts.

When reporting, please also state the direction of the bridge.  So far, the ones I've seen and reproduced are all E/W bridges.  I'm curious to know if any of you have tried a N/S bridge.

I've added this info to the bug report and ask for your patience until the issue is resolved.  

Hi.

We've run into similar issue.

Tried to plan a 4x2 bridge-ramp, as per picture. It is E-W.

The event message is: [14:50:30] You notice that the north west corner of the plan has changed height since the start of the planning phase.

When we try to make a 4x1 bridge, on any lane, it works correctly.

Picture:

Spoiler

4GjqhvY.png

Same issue for me.  This is a North / South bridge i plan.

[10:15:39] Planned bridge area is 5 tiles long and 1 tile wide.

[10:15:45] Failed to plan bridge because of the following:

[10:15:45] You notice that the north west corner of the plan has changed height since the start of the planning phase.

I have a ramp 10 dirt slope up that is flat other end is 10 dirt slope.

I have a Caravel parked very close named Ghost owned by Moogien.

Hi, same problem here on xanadu.

[10:22:22] looks like bridge would be 2x15 (East-West)

[10:23:22] You notice that the north west corner of the plan has changed height since the start of the planning phase.

Did try out the position thing with A-A, A-B, B-A and B-B but no succes.

Any idea how to plan it or just waiting on a bugfix ?

One thing I see may indicate the problem is that the text that gets displayed while planning a bridge will say one thing, but not another.

Two Examples:

One bridge E-W 3*3 tiles. The height difference is 53, but the planning text says the difference is 60. It then gives the error.

A second bridge, N-S 1*7 tiles. The height difference is 93, but the planning text states 90. It give the error.

I then retried the second bridge after raising the south end by 3 to make the actual height difference exactly 90. The Planning says the height difference is 90, but it still gives the height has changed error.

All of these bridges should have worked. No obstructions were in the way.

Thanks for your reports.  The issue has been found and fixed on the test server, so hopefully we'll have resolution in the next patch update.

• Like 2

I'm going to close this as fixed with today's patch.  If you have any other bridge type issues, please post them in new threads in order to help troubleshoot any new problems.