Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Unstable client update 3.99y

• First person mode will now be called Free look mode, Options involving this mode will be reset to default values.
  • Added rarity glow to animated items.
  • Status Effect icon for Resurrection Stone added. Requires server update and should show in stable client too
  • Like 4

My rare cart glows!

Icons are now back, but no icon for res stone, pretty sure I have one active.

• Like 1

First person mode will now be called Free look mode, Options involving this mode will be reset to default values.  What does this mean? Does this mean the future with third person mode?

31 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

First person mode will now be called Free look mode, Options involving this mode will be reset to default values.  What does this mean? Does this mean the future with third person mode?

It means the first person mode, allowing players to look around without left clicking is named correctly. Calling it first person mode confused people.

Third person mode is something that is in the works, but waiting on a lot of things from the new client renderer first.

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

My rare cart glows!

Icons are now back, but no icon for res stone, pretty sure I have one active.

I goofed and put that change log in the wrong list. The res stone icon will show on the next server update for both Live and Unstable clients.

• Like 1

Glowing stuff!

I think that every rare thing should glow now, including large chests and all vehicles. :) In case of any problems with that please post in either bugs or this thread as I am not sure how this change will work in long term.

• Like 1

Just now, Warlander said:

Glowing stuff!

I think that every rare thing should glow now, including large chests and all vehicles. :) In case of any problems with that please post in either bugs or this thread as I am not sure how this change will work in long term.

Bell towers? :o

Just now, Audrel said:

Bell towers? :o

Everything... If something is not glowing, then this is most likely bug. :)

• Like 2

I need to download the unstable but will be able to confirm if it glows. I didn't even know it went rare when it did until days later when someone pointed it out. haha

this update made it so objects stop rendering for me if I move about 6-8 tiles away from them and there's a fence or something in the way

4 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Everything... If something is not glowing, then this is most likely bug. :)

armor that is equipped? 

only shield and wep is glowing

1 minute ago, hemrzz said:

armor that is equipped? 

Hmm... Armor excluded for now. :)

Just now, hemrzz said:

armor that is equipped? 

not a bug, as it's been explained several times, armour isnt a model in itself, just a retexturing of the player model, so thus doesnt glow

2 minutes ago, Worksock said:

this update made it so objects stop rendering for me if I move about 6-8 tiles away from them and there's a fence or something in the way

is this items in houses or all items behind a fence?

Just now, Retrograde said:

is this items in houses or all items behind a fence?

objects in house stop rendering after about 6-8 tiles

objects outside houses stop rendering after about ~14 tiles

16 minutes ago, Worksock said:

objects in house stop rendering after about 6-8 tiles

objects outside houses stop rendering after about ~14 tiles

hmm Observations. I'm 10 to 15 tiles from the house and see the brazier through the window (arched wall no fence). However, the statue inside is only visible from 5 tiles away (arched wall with an iron gate). Same view from behind a fence on the hill. Brazier is visible but statue is not. However, the merchant inside the house behind me is visible from 10+ tiles (wide window in a woodframe wall - any farther and it is blocked by a tree).

Edited by Audrel

On 4/5/2016 at 4:14 AM, Retrograde said:

It means the first person mode, allowing players to look around without left clicking is named correctly. Calling it first person mode confused people.

Third person mode is something that is in the works, but waiting on a lot of things from the new client renderer first.

Will this be a real third person view or the one that is on WU right now? which looks like on the shoulder rather than in the sky above the character? This is a long awaited thing for freedom PVE players and a very smart thing to be working on.

A suggestion:

• Make sure it is mouse wheel scroll all way out and all way in. Reason: Some trees are low to ground one would want to on the fly be able to get in first person view or very low to the ground when going from a cave/open valley to a wooded forest/going in or coming out of cave. Maybe a auto toggle when going in and coming out of cave, third person view wouldn't work well for any cave system.

I am PvE and I don't want 3rd person view.

44 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I am PvE and I don't want 3rd person view.

Then don't use it. It's not like you are forced to use a feature in a game. There is pvp in the game and many are not forced to go pvp. you want be forced to use it if you don't want it.

first time in ages I had to re-log due to travel lag, something break?

It maybe be viewed as a minor update, but to me this change is hugely welcome and appreciated.