Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 31/MAR/16

Sidenote:

As a person living on a server with REAL valrei mobs... Please turn off the stupid model switch on epic... I litterary have to avoid normal mobs now cuz i dont wanna accidentally get thrown and perma stunned to death by the REAL ones....

Edited by Zekezor

But but....  It's not April 1st, it can't be April fools if it isn't April 1st.  Surely that's just plain trolling?  Oh wait....

1 hour ago, Zachariah said:

WAIT!!! It truly does work!!! The Hammocks are a thing. LOOK!!!!

IqxnW4J.jpg

THIS LOOKS SHOPPED / I CAN TELL FROM SOME OF THE PIXELS AND FROM SEEING QUITE A FEW SHOPS IN MY TIME.

• Like 1

Just now, Eltaran said:

THIS LOOKS SHOPPED / I CAN TELL FROM SOME OF THE PIXELS AND FROM SEEING QUITE A FEW SHOPS IN MY TIME.

How dare you question my legitimacy. Who are you to say I am wrong?!?! jk it is obviously shopped. 

Just now, Zachariah said:

How dare you question my legitimacy. Who are you to say I am wrong?!?! jk it is obviously shopped. 

I have been looking for an opportunity to use this meme for years, so thank you kind Sir :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eltaran said:

I have been looking for an opportunity to use this meme for years, so thank you kind Sir :P

Am I just an idiot or is there no meme on there?

14 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Finally my bling can be seen. sing

I think you missed the bit in the patch notes about the free character transfer from epic to freedom.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Due to popular demand, Valrei creatures will spawn on Freedom with less difficulty, keep your eyes peeled!
  • Hammocks now a functional item, crafting requires certain situations though!
  • Hedges can now be painted like fences!

lmaooooooooooooo

gl freedom

good job code club. hostiles now spawn on deed. trolls with a no gumb skin... very funny. they killed all my pets. took 5 guards to take one aged troll down. can't even do an aprils fools joke right...

seeing only the textures are changed either your own aprils fool is bad or you have others issues. the mobs are not harder than they used to be. (trolls can be a pita on their own anyway).

10 hours ago, Zachariah said:

oh Odynn :( your gonna make me cry :'(

that's why i'm loved >:) - also +1 for your shop skills!

• Like 1

If these Valley mobs create problems (death) on the PvE servers that can't be avoided then add another reason to play less of WO and more of WU. It would seem to me that the "popular demand" for them spawning on these servers is more a figment of the Dev's imagination than anything else.

If your intention is other than to harass players in various ways from their damage then I would suggest that you just spawn them in some remote restricted areas where they can be contained for those who have some desire to play with them. Bad idea yours.

=Ayes=

I don't get away from my farm much, but after seeing this I went on a little hunting trip.  It was cool seeing what these creatures look like as I've never seen them aside from on the wiki. As bonus, I didn't die fighting them.  :D

So I shouldn't commit the change to trolls I was working on where they stunned and threw you?

Man...

I was going to make pheasants phase like fog spiders too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pingpong said:

A mob reskin week/weekend was a nice idea :)

Ahh I see now, these Valley mobs are just the skinny versions. Alrighty then, no harm done with wolves in these sheik Valley designs.

=Ayes=

8 hours ago, Gronkh said:

good job code club. hostiles now spawn on deed. trolls with a no gumb skin... very funny. they killed all my pets. took 5 guards to take one aged troll down. can't even do an aprils fools joke right...

Hostile creatures have been spawning on my deeds as well as inside buildings for a few months now. No fun logging in my poor trader mayor to find a troll beating her to death inside the comforts of her own home!

47 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Ahh I see now, these Valley mobs are just the skinny versions. Alrighty then, no harm done with wolves in these sheik Valley designs.

=Ayes=

Yup.  It's all part of the first week of April. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

It would seem to me that the "popular demand" for them spawning on these servers is more a figment of the Dev's imagination than anything else.

Sorry, not an april fools, but I do welcome them on Freedom servers as well as many others. As long as they are nerfed a bit to prevent unwanted newbs killing (hell horse behavior) and no bashing / going through walls.

So yah, cool to see the models around, waiting for the real deal... and next 1st of april, announce a graphic improvement and revert everything to their old models, that would be fun.

• Like 4

The mobs are just re-skinned. Aggro, difficulty and behaviour is the same like the old PvE mobs they have temporarily replaced.

I've heard from several people on PvE servers that they enjoyed to see the models they usually never encounter. Thus I'd say it was a good idea.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this