Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 31/MAR/16

• Due to popular demand, Valrei creatures will spawn on Freedom with less difficulty, keep your eyes peeled!
  • Hammocks now a functional item, crafting requires certain situations though!
  • Hedges can now be painted like fences!
  • Like 6

naturally I am skeptical, but if real, two big thumbs up!

Why give freedom a unique epic feature that gives seryll at a lesser difficulty?  It's hard enough to bring people to Epic as is when we have literally no draw over Freedom other than a weird curve

Late edit:  lol maybe this is an april fools thing and I fell for it -.-

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 8

Epic = Chaos = Freedom... Now enable PvP on all servers.. I dunno what your plans are but it feels like you making epic obsolete..

Agreed. Another Epic feature ported to the Freedom servers without imo real justification. Another Dev decision that reduces Player's incentives to play on Epic servers... and makes the Freedom PvE servers less unique.... is that the Dev's intent I wonder?

(I hope this is just april fools nonsense)

Edited by geode

I agree with Wurmhole. I am very skeptical and wont believe until I see a Val creature on Freedom that is non GM Spawned. But if it is true 15 thumbs up!! And I don't think that if this were to be implemented it would ruin Epic. Epic is a Niche anyways because of its unique game play. If I wanted PvP I would rather Chaos just because it si less complicated and I don't have to start over with new skills. But that's not a discussion for this thread. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Why give freedom a unique epic feature that gives seryll at a lesser difficulty?  It's hard enough to bring people to Epic as is when we have literally no draw over Freedom other than a weird curve

Don't worry, "lower difficulty" means just (much) lower aggro range and no bashing, stats are the same. Freedom was lacking strong mobs and trolls can be killed even by fairly new player with average equipment, while in case of Valrei mobs it is much harder to kill them solo.

For now spawn amount is the same on Epic and Freedom, but we might lower it if this will be too much.

• Like 1

WAIT!!! It truly does work!!! The Hammocks are a thing. LOOK!!!!

IqxnW4J.jpg

• Like 9

I love the idea of having to run away form a fight.  Once in a while, I take a random crit from a troll, because I like the look of drake hats, but that is self induced.  I'd love having more bad a$$ critters that solo people can't easily bring down.  Will they be on par or tougher than champ trolls?

So if this is not an April fools then is the post by Enki one or not? 

3 minutes ago, Kegan said:

So if this is not an April fools then is the post by Enki one or not? 

Its not. I gave a pic so it did happen :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warlander said:

....Freedom was lacking strong mobs and trolls can be killed even by fairly new player with average equipment,....

Fairly new Players with average equipment can solo Trolls?? Not without the help of guard tower guards in my experience. What's your definition of "average"? of "fairly new"? There aren't enough low and mid level mobs in most parts of the Freedom for a Player to train up their FS as it is, and now they introduce these beasties?

It seems to me this is just to please the Players that do nothing but run around on their horses all day long across the servers grinding mobs... and those Players ARE important yes so yes the Devs should create content for them by all means..... however let's call this what it really is.... At least be honest about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkSilard said:

i saw pauldron models downloading in graphic.jar update atm :) 

inb4 its just a stupid challenge reward (aka rewarding pvpers for not pvping/playing on their own server clusters).

5 minutes ago, MarkSilard said:

i saw pauldron models downloading in graphic.jar update atm :) 

Yup, they're in there

N5AQaFF.png

3 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

I feel like a lot of people are going to die on freedom, lol

We will yep, hopefully we'll get some FS in the process.

Time to spam guard towers. Respawning Tanks are good.

Edited by geode

By 75 FS, you need champs to challenge you and a lot of the champs aren't a challenge even then. Shorter aggro range and not trashing your deed isn't much of a variation and Freedom already has moonmetal. Chaos IS a part of Freedom. I can sail to it. 

Ah, and it looks like theres opal, ruby, diamond, emerald, and sapphire rings as well in the graphics.

Edited by williamwierd

1 minute ago, williamwierd said:

Ah, and it looks like theres opal, ruby, diamond, emerald, and sapphire rings as well in the graphics.

:o BLING! Shinies! 

I get it!! There are Val mobs on Freedom. Spiders have deathcrawler model. Trolls are nogumps. Wolfs have the Worg model. Etc

Wait? Hedges have been paintable forever. I painted these maple hedges the other day (but have painted hedges as soon as the fence painting was allowed):
QmZRI.jpg

• Like 1

O already had the first worg encounter on Inde.

I imagine this is likely a "flipped the switch" situation where such mobs were turned on short-time for April Fools.  Look for these "features" to be removed within the next week. :)

Sign in to follow this