Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Pristine Event - March 33, 2016

auction_timer_E1459609176.gif

I Spy

This treasure hunt will lead you across the lands of Pristine in an effort to find specific items.  You will be given a code and a clue at each point.

The code you will use in your web browser's navigation bar at imgur.com   The codes will look something like this  S4mPl3.  You will take that code and add it to the imgur.com/ address to get "imgur.com/S4mPle"   or "http://imgur.com/S4mPl3"

At each address you will obtain a piece of a map.  It will be a piece of the in-game map.  It will be up to you to determine where that piece fits and how it fits as each piece may or may not be rotated 90 or 180 degrees either way.

Once you solve what part of the map you are looking for you will then hunt for the specific item referenced by the clue that you will need to 'Examine'.  In some cases there may be multiple items that have that specific description, you will just have to try to find which one it is.

This hunt will require passing onto deeds, so be on your best behavior and don't do something that would cause you to be placed on their KoS lists as this hunt will not supersede their use of guards.

You may want to use image editing software to help you rotate and find the locations, or you may hunt for an image overlay transparency program that can overlay the image over the game screen, or any other method of image matching you have available.

At the end of the hunt you will have only one opportunity for a reward, so do not bother trying to get more than one.  The rewards are randomized and some have more money, or more special prizes than others.   There is no way to tell who will end up with what.

If you find yourself unable to participate in the hunt and wish to end it I have setup an OPT OUT sign at Blossom by the docks.  DO NOT examine the sign unless you are sure you want to permanently end your participation in the treasure hunt.

Of utmost importance is that you will get one chance to read each clue.  Get it right the first time and do not close the screen until you have your information captured.  Also you have a limit of 14 days to complete the hunt, after that time it will fail when you attempt to continue it.

So without further delay, your very first code and clue:

imgur code:

L0WYk4O

clue:

I spy a statue of gigantic proportions

/Enki (Head Game Master)

• Like 1

I am currently setting up the next treasure hunt for March.  At this moment I will give only a few details as it must first be tested after I get it scripted.  I am posting this now just in case we decide to run it on the 25th instead of the 31st.

This hunt will be an I spy game.  You will be given a piece of a map with a location marked on it.  It will be up to you to find out where it is and what it is based on the clue given by examining each item of the hunt.

Each window will consist of a code to retrieve the next piece of the map and the description of the next object you are looking for.  The map pieces will be like a puzzle, it will be up to you to determine the proper orientation of the piece on the map as I have randomly turned most of them 90 or 180 degrees.  I promise you none of them are turned 270 degrees, if you find any that are it just means you went the long way around.

I will warn you right now that you will only get one chance to read each clue.  Once you close or lose the window, it's gone for good.  So be careful and get the clue the first time every time!

This will be a good time to brush off your basic image editing skills, and your copy and paste skills as well.

/Enki (Head Game Master)

• Like 7

These are always exiting and I love it when the GMs put these together. I have added it to the Wurmpedia Current Events page. Good luck everyone who participates!!

Zachariah

• Like 1

You should turn some of the map pieces 360 degrees *evil laugh*

• Like 2

Hestia had so much fun testing this months event we decided to go ahead and open it on the 25th.  That will be a Friday instead of a Saturday.  More details to come over the next couple of days.

Ohh sounds great fun but unfortunately that is a workday for me. The excitement of having a chance to still find a chest is already gone for me.

On 3/21/2016 at 10:51 PM, Enki said:

I will warn you right now that you will only get one chance to read each clue.  Once you close or lose the window, it's gone for good.  So be careful and get the clue the first time every time!

Difficulty via bad UI, in true wurm spirit!

I do like doing the events but I suck at them.  The last one took me eight hours to complete.  At least there is an"I attended" prize.  I didn't even know they had chests till I saw one for sale last month.

I also have to point out that there's an Impalong starting just a day before 25th

14 hours ago, asdf said:

Difficulty via bad UI, in true wurm spirit!

No, by choice!  I did it this way intentionally.

7 minutes ago, zigozag said:

I also have to point out that there's an Impalong starting just a day before 25th

Oh dear...  Hmm,  I am willing to hold off until next weekend if that is desireable.

After a quick discussion with the team, yeah we will postpone the hunt until next weekend.    We do like the impalongs and would rather work with our player made events!

• Like 1

I feel like this is an early April Fools joke?  March 33rd in the title?

March 33 might be the first clue.

Edited by zigozag

It appears that Enki tripped over the treasure chest and hit his head on a nearby rock.  

In his hurry to make things right, he quickly added more days until the start of the hunt, subtracted days left in the month, divided by 10 to convert pounds to kilograms, averaged the days remaining with the days already passed and then used the Wurm RNG to arrive at March 33rd.

Be ready!

• Like 4

I hope the May event will be 35th May - hommage to Erich Kastner :P

It seems it is the only thing I can say today:

THANK YOU!!!!

I see someone has accidentally taken a small part of the Treasure Hunt early due to a mistake on my part.  No matter, I have locked it back down and will make changes so that your knowledge will be of little value...

• Like 2

You may want to check your countdown timer. As far as I can see it seems 1 day off (for coming Saturday).

Yep, math failed me again!!!

Less than 24 hours to go!  Keep in mind everyone who participates early will be attempting to get some really special items!  There is no way to know which lucky few will get the very special items, as it is not based on first to the end!  It could be the first person, could be the last....  could be the third for all I know.  It could even be someone who joined in half a day later!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Enki said:

Less than 24 hours to go!  Keep in mind everyone who participates early will be attempting to get some really special items!  There is no way to know which lucky few will get the very special items, as it is not based on first to the end!  It could be the first person, could be the last....  could be the third for all I know.  It could even be someone who joined in half a day later!

Eeek!  Sorry :wacko:

My calendar said that March was over so I picked up all the remaining prizes.

I'll be rocking away in my hammock if you need them back.  :ph34r:

• Like 3