Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16/MAR/16

thanks for the fast response on the caves. Even if it will be reverted tomorrow every single cave should be checked and all caveins instantly remined.

If there will be more adjacent tiles collapsing the roof level will most likely come done to the standard 30 (or so) dirt height at the junctions. That is not repairable -or with insane effort only - if the ceiling was byond the height of roof mining reach.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

My canal had zero cave - ins (3 lanes with reinforced walls on both sides).  My deed had 3 in a 30 x 30 area (center tiles).

• Mining now puts shards on the tile you’re standing at in order to properly calculate max number of items.

what about diging?????

12 hours ago, Klaa said:

Hrm... good, good, good, okay, good, passable, goo*

WTH!

You may no longer put more than 100 coins and items in a container except your inventory. Note – You will also no longer receive coins in inventory while praying if it has more than 100 items.

:wacko:

I think that is because Enki has had to do a lot of this... lice-03b1b725c7c63754c918d70d1ead907c.gi

• Like 1

Given the fact that no notice was given and we already had collapses in our 2500 tile underground lake with very high ceilings I am more that just a little ticked off. I did find that if you only have one collapse you can use a Mag priest to Disintegrate the tile and the roofline stays the same, more than one tile adjacent to the collapse and it will permenantly change the roof line making it unrepairable. Making an additional 2500 support beams for the floor there and another 1100 for the Wolfsden boat canal would take every minute of my time for a long time for a collapse change in the rules? Not to mention the wasted time and effort the looks are just as bad.

Please change this back and fix the collapse tiles so we can use the boat tunnels and underground areas again. Also whom ever decided this was a good idea - bread and water for the next week so they have time to think about it.

• Like 6

All this really means is that GMs could use some more user friendly ways to protect boat tunnels from nature if it isn't the player's responsibility to maintain them. Players could use a new item to drive down collapse rates further. Maybe some scaffolding to allow players to mine higher too.

17 minutes ago, TheShawv said:

Also whom ever decided this was a good idea - bread and water for the next week so they have time to think about it.

Mad.

2 hours ago, Alectrys said:

My canal had zero cave - ins (3 lanes with reinforced walls on both sides).  My deed had 3 in a 30 x 30 area (center tiles).

I had a couple but none of them were on reinforced floor areas. Then again, I have Moria under my deed and didn't look far and wide and not all of it is reinforced. Now I worry that my templar will be spamming local for weeks at a time. <_<

Increased collapse on the heels of being able to build underground doesn't sound compatible.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I had a couple but none of them were on reinforced floor areas. Then again, I have Moria under my deed and didn't look far and wide and not all of it is reinforced. Now I worry that my templar will be spamming local for weeks at a time. <_<

Increased collapse on the heels of being able to build underground doesn't sound compatible.

Lucky for us, the Templar spamming bug because A.I. wouldn't path to trapped mobs was fixed quite awhile ago.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Amadee said:

Yeah, the cave-ins thing without reinforced cave floors is......<looks for a way to say this politely>.......umm.........<fails miserably>.  I have to say I hate this.

Boat caves, forge caverns, wide tunnels, etc.  This is really.....ummm....never mind!!!!

Please change this back.  Reinforced floors are Fugly for one.  Not to mention the major pita of having to do this for a bazillion tiles. 

And can we reinforce under water?  If a tile caves in in my vaulted-ceiling boat cave, it will be impossible to ever get that tile ceiling back up where it was.  I am very unhappy about his.  Very!!  

wurm.20150908.1118_3.jpg

You make very valid points here.

Some other repercussions:  Don't park your rare ships or ships full of cargo, in you boat cave now, since,  it can cave in over water tiles and gone is your ship. Question:  Why have boat caves in the first place then?

• Like 1

Containers do not include crates, right?

• Like 1

Im so happy with this reinforced cave tile change i couldn't wait until we had to add more maintenance things to wurm online. have fun playing this game chores everyone!

How about removing coin rewards from prayers... It is useless anyways.

Weird "fix", especially when they announce that they will make underground building available. If the caveins now happen randomly even in the middle of large halls, what effect does it have on buildings/settlements? One day you wake up and there is a vein infront of your front door? Or the tile where your bed is, is gone?

30 minutes ago, rixk said:

Weird "fix", especially when they announce that they will make underground building available. If the caveins now happen randomly even in the middle of large halls, what effect does it have on buildings/settlements? One day you wake up and there is a vein infront of your front door? Or the tile where your bed is, is gone?

Firstly, buildings underground will require reinforced floors.

This has also been removed in todays update.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I think I am just going to Abandon all my Xanadu deeds.  No point in paying for something that will become unusable anyway.  Keep deeds small and projects small.  Don't invest massive time or money.  Have to keep thinking this is beta, because the changes happen as if it were only in beta and our own efforts here mean nothing.  Thinking about coming up with 3000 supports just to do the floor of my canal is making me want to go fire up my WU servers and take my friends there.  I know someone there will make a fix/mod for this issue if they haven't already.

Will your server be open to other players?

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

No further comments then, if it has been removed. But for the future guys.. start thinking about the effects of the changes before doing the change. This gets bit old, that you make a change and then look surprised about the effects. A fix is not a fix, when it breaks something else.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Only if you have a habit of emoting on your horses for lols

Lisabet said:  if you use Wurm Assistant, you smile at your horses to add them

And I do.  So this could be an issue. Maybe needs to be only when you use the negative emotes????

50 minutes ago, rixk said:

Very good point.    You could get killed when the cave collapses while you are sleeping. 

Only thing I can think of is if you build a large building the cave would not be able to collapse on it but does not mean it won't collapse around it. 

Not sure how the support beams are working. Are they repairable, do they take damage, can they be examined to see damage?

Edited by Lolabelle
  • Like 1

Why do i have a feeling that Rolf is not working on WO anymore..

2k16 is having a really bad start so far and it looks like everyone has acces to WO code and can change it to whatever they feel like. Not trashing just saying how it looks like from my point of view..

Another thing is that every patch so far had atlest 1 thing ruined that worked just fine, so there we have infinite loop of bug fixes and wasted time of GM's which could have been used on new content.

Rolf, our dear God, please its time to get some order with holy whip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Thank you Retro!  Huge weight lifted.  Yesterday was a bad day that we can now put behind us.

New problem with trying to mine off the collapses.

[08:52:41] You hear falling rocks from the other side of the wall. A deep shaft will probably emerge.

Edit:  All is well.  I continued mining it anyway and it finally went

Edited by Amadee

Whoa hey... prayer coins pay for my postage.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zigozag said:

Coins could be stored in bulk in some pouches or auto-combine into 20-iron coins, coppers and so on. The was it is fixed currently is very painful.

+ 1 auto combining coins is an excellent idea !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rixk said:

No further comments then, if it has been removed. But for the future guys.. start thinking about the effects of the changes before doing the change. This gets bit old, that you make a change and then look surprised about the effects. A fix is not a fix, when it breaks something else.

I found myself nodding while reading this.  We spent literally months building boat tunnels to make our travel time faster, and we reinforced all the walls (the mats, the time....) to ensure it will not cave in easily.  Same thing with tunnels under our huge deeds to give direct access to the gates North/South edges, or the animal camps East and West...the time and mats needed .  We reinforced every wall.   

I remember when sitting on carts were introduced, which is purely for "looks", which in turn broke carts following terrain (a game feature which is NOT just for looks).  All carts now stay parallel on every single slope, obscuring the view behind and in front of you when you go up or down mountains or on slopes.  You can't see the animals you are leading nor can you see the world to scout for mobs (you can't even see the mob/mobs attacking you with your cart obscuring your views), and digging on slopes is a pita. Around the same time, rare carts stopped glowing.  Been asking for a revert on both these for ages too.  As you say, a fix is not a fix when it breaks something else.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this