Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16/MAR/16

6 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Don't forget for a long time there was a critical character killing bug caused by reinforced floors when people ran into nearby corners. Official GM recommendation was not to reinforce the floors back then.

Oh well, luckily had 104 support beams in storage so deploying those to the safe mine now.

Yes, it was a severe problem at one time, to the point where I personally and semi off the record would recommend people not to re-inf floors at all.  Many of us GM's were even tearing up re-inf floors near starter towns simply because of the fact it was causing deaths, both to the average player and even to GM's in invuln mode.  The one mine with re-inforced floors in Indy ate and insta-killed my GM toon close to 10 times within one afternoon.  I tore up all the fllor tiles and I never saw another ticket on that area come in again.  It was a serious issue that I think was a real bear for the devs to track down, but:

Thankfully, one of the devs looked into it and it's now fixed, afaik.  I assure you, us GM's didn't like said tiles killing us any more than we did watching them eat the paying customer.  That may not be of much condolance, bug some bugs are a real bear to chase, and it's been fixed for many months now.

Coins could be stored in bulk in some pouches or auto-combine into 20-iron coins, coppers and so on. The was it is fixed currently is very painful.

• Like 2

Has anyone ever told you Duce, you're the best! 

I actually really like this set of updates. Good work team.

Well.  FYI.  Logged in and already there is a cave-in in my boat cave, and a lot of other cave-ins in tunnels all across my 4 deeds.  Gotta say I'm in no humor to even think about mining off any of this mess right now.  Are they making up for lost time?

• Like 1

I don't see why they had to change collapses.

Wurm players have enough grief to deal with on a daily basis.

EDIT: Fix your fix, please.

tiles are collapsing very fast.

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 3

I definitely won't make several K of reinforcements. From now on is it favored by devs to carve only 1 tile wide tunnels? can't even use strongwall to reinforce floors :S

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • demise enchantments can now be dispelled.

!!! I've seen so many derpy people put DD or AD on otherwise god-tier weapons. It's the beginning of a new era.

28 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I definitely won't make several K of reinforcements. From now on is it favored by devs to carve only 1 tile wide tunnels? can't even use strongwall to reinforce floors :S

I understand your frustration as this change should have been announced in advance to let players deal with the consequences it will have but i think that anything that makes caves decay faster is a change in the right direction. The underground in older servers is completely hollow, even in places that have been abandoned for years.

• Like 2

This game needs a money pouch that is no drop, basically all coins, prayed, traded go straight to it. You can still manually withdraw from the bank/pouch for player trades, lots of games have it. Something to think about for the future maybe.

• Like 2

Maybe change prayer to give a single iron coin of 1, 5 or 20 instead of small stacks of single coins? Or let us deposit coins in our bank from any deed token? I know that my priest tends to have hundreds of iron coins from hanging out at sermon parties far from home.

• Like 1

If the collapse change was to make abandoned places usable again, please make vein cave ins more common. I have never seen a vein cave in anywhere so far, I only heard rumours of its existence

21 minutes ago, Simyaci said:

If the collapse change was to make abandoned places usable again, please make vein cave ins more common. I have never seen a vein cave in anywhere so far, I only heard rumours of its existence

While good for the purpose of environment decay concept,

Spoiler

(which i hate and suggest all supporters to go and make their own virgin servers and play there :angry:

it would totally kill public tunnels.

Hi,

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Fix for cave ins not happening in middle of an area without reinforced cave floors.

CanalCaveIn.jpg

This is the Kinoss Bay Canal today. 4 cave-ins already - and there was not a single cave-in since 2011 at least!

Fully supporting the floor is beyond what we're ready to do - it's 1238 floor tiles!

/Support Hi GMs, I want you to know that some maniac has run havoc in the heritage site - kinoss bay canal. Might not work for large ships any more. I'll drop some warning signs. Have fun!

I don't see any good in this change & propose a most quick change back. Thx!

Have fun!

• Like 9

I get fast sailing works for the borders of the servers, and parachuting is all the rage on chaos, but for the inner parts of the rest of the CLUSTER, we need cave canals. And you devs have gone and broken them, plz fix now.

• Like 1

The cave in bug fix is a good fix in theory but in practise is meaningless as all it adds is more work before can have fun and at the end of the day, less projects or just more massive reinforcement.  The whole concept needs to be rethought out.  Will put something in suggestions.

Please revert ASAP and allow GM assistance to straighten out the mess.

This might be one of those times a server reset to a previous time is justified.

Edited by GoldFever
  • Like 3

Very few times would I ever suggest a server reset, but this time I agree with GoldFever on this.

+1 to revert the new cave tile collapse fix for now.

Edited by geode

I wish some "fixes" are at least announced couple weeks before they're implemented, if we have to redo some of the work we put into the game, would be great to have time to do so, and be warned about consequences of a future "fix".

Right now, we have to drop anything we had planned and rush to reinforce mine floors; but what about people who - for a reason or another - cannot log in for a few days/weeks, and their warehouses or ships are in caves? They will lose their items, and very unlikely to be reimbursed.

Maybe would help if we had an official list of so-called "actual features turning out to be bugs and subject to be fixed all of a sudden", so we do not use them? We never know what is a bug and what is a feature, and this doesn't make wurmians' life easier, on the contrary.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Evening said:

I wish some "fixes" are at least announced couple weeks before they're implemented, if we have to redo some of the work we put into the game, would be great to have time to do so, and be warned about consequences of a future "fix".

Right now, we have to drop anything we had planned and rush to reinforce mine floors; but what about people who - for a reason or another - cannot log in for a few days/weeks, and their warehouses or ships are in caves? They will lose their items, and very unlikely to be reimbursed.

Maybe would help if we had an official list of so-called "actual features turning out to be bugs and subject to be fixed all of a sudden", so we do not use them? We never know what is a bug and what is a feature, and this doesn't make wurmians' life easier, on the contrary.

Steve-Ballmer.jpg

TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPARENCY!

There's more of it now, but still not enough.

Edited by zigozag

13 minutes ago, Evening said:

Only thing I have above ground on my Xan deeds is beds and moorage.  Everything else is below ground.  Think I'm suddenly feeling ill...

Also, for a change of this magnitude, 3 months minimum.

• Like 2

I think I am just going to Abandon all my Xanadu deeds.  No point in paying for something that will become unusable anyway.  Keep deeds small and projects small.  Don't invest massive time or money.  Have to keep thinking this is beta, because the changes happen as if it were only in beta and our own efforts here mean nothing.  Thinking about coming up with 3000 supports just to do the floor of my canal is making me want to go fire up my WU servers and take my friends there.  I know someone there will make a fix/mod for this issue if they haven't already.

HI all,

I've checked out a few cave canals and it does seem a little excessive. I'll be raising this with the dev team and hopefully this can be removed in the next day until we can formulate a better approach.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Retro

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Lisabet said:

if you use Wurm Assistant, you smile at your horses to add them

Do so from behind the safety of a fence. ;)

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

HI all,

I've checked out a few cave canals and it does seem a little excessive. I'll be raising this with the dev team and hopefully this can be removed in the next day until we can formulate a better approach.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Retro

Thank you.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this