Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16/MAR/16

Further on the carts: has anyone else noticed since the changes to them, that the reach distance in front of the cart is now pathetic, have to be right on top of the container to be able to open it; while it is not so bad to the side or back.   Also with small carts, now have to be right on top of them to open them - so annoying.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Further on the carts: has anyone else noticed since the changes to them, that the reach distance in front of the cart is now pathetic, have to be right on top of the container to be able to open it; while it is not so bad to the side or back.   Also with small carts, now have to be right on top of them to open them - so annoying.

On a slope, you can't see out of them. The back is too high off the ground. So it's hard to even see the container.

I have lost at least 4 quite full bsb's to the sudden caving in where it didn't happen before (and with all walls around reinforced). Haven't inspected everywhere yet so it might be more. Not amused...

Good to see that it has been reversed (hopefully forever!) but still bad that it happened, that these kind of effects weren't thought about before the fact. It's going to be ages before I get comparable amount of mats, cochineals, other parts etc back again. Plus new bins to make of course, but that's the lesser of the losses.

If this 'fix' does come back in whatever form, don't make us have to reinforce every single still useful tile that was ever mined out - that's an insane amount of extra work, wurm has enough of that as it is! (Apart from the added ugliness also.)

As for the carts taking away all view - indeed that is another thing I hope to see changed back.

Posted on another thread, but figured it would be useful here too.

HI all,

the "fix" which brought in the cave in possibilities has now been removed, pending a more detailed look at how and if we would bring them into play. Obviously cave canals and other tunnels are very important to travel in Wurm, so we want to keep those free and no maintenance. We also have to take into account old abandoned reinforced mines, which could lead to huge issues, as reinforcements never decay.

The current caved in tiles will have to be mined out by players, though if a vein has collapsed, a GM can be called to remove it.

We'll continue to monitor the situation and I do guarantee, any potential changes to this function will come with a long warning period.

-Retrograde

Community Relations

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Baloo said:

Also with small carts, now have to be right on top of them to open them - so annoying.

regarding to this, i can open knarr from 3 tiles away, but  when i want to open my sailboat i literally have to stand on comander position.. really annoying pls fix

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this