Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

[Fixed] Boats - passengers becoming commanders

I was traveling with my supreme rowboat today with one alt logged out on the boat and my main. When i got to my destination i disembarked the boat with my main (commander) and left the alt logged out on the boat for awhile.  When i logged in the alt later he was the commander of the boat and not a passenger as he was before. 

I tested this again and the same thing happened again. (only tested on the supreme rowboat not sure about other boats) 

Interesting would be if your alts only become commander because they have permission for it or if even chars that dont have permission to command this ship become commander. This would be a real concern. 

The alt does have commander rights and i have not tested it with him not having permission. I might try it later but right now i am busy doing some other work. 

That happens with one of my alts for like 2 or 3 months, always the same.

Hes got permissions to drive any of my boats, if I log him off as passenger, everytime I relog him, if the boat got no commander, he logs as the captain.

Happens with any of my boats, always with the same toon though lol

Every time I cross server I get into a "limbo" zone. So I have to relog commander, disembark the boat, then alt one by one, as they all become commanders, and if I don't disembark from commander's position, client freezes. I think that started happening after the moving update.

However, if you do not have perms, you get thrown to the sea, or sometimes, if you are lucky,  you even log in in a passenger's place. 

Edited by bangzuvelis

Passengers becoming commanders is literally the only way to fix the camera bug that currently exists, like Bangzuvelis said.

If you cross servers while captain onto a server where u have an alt u get booted for spy protection,and a passenger automatically becomes captain. If you then log back in you are both captain and have to work together to steer and it looks very desynced for anyone who isn't a captain of the boat, but you go twice as fast. One of our passengers made a video of it before, it was pretty fun. (Passenger view is like 50 tiles west desynced over land, captain view is where the ship actually is at sea and twice as fast)

• Like 2

This issue is already in the bug list.  I'll add this forum report to the details.

• Like 1

still happening. a sailboat got this bug today, caught up to a knarr in a gale as if the knarr was sitting still (even though the knarr was going 28 km/h), and did this:

[21:21:23] Rakki slain by Foxfire Elentari Nahjo Gildi
[21:21:49] Eddiekey slain by Erinyesthegreat Foxfire Elentari Nahjo
[21:22:09] Cyberhusky slain by Erinyesthegreat Foxfire Elentari Gildi Nahjo

On 15.3.2016 at 2:35 PM, Kegan said:

I was traveling with my supreme rowboat today with one alt logged out on the boat and my main. When i got to my destination i disembarked the boat with my main (commander) and left the alt logged out on the boat for awhile.  When i logged in the alt later he was the commander of the boat and not a passenger as he was before. 

I tested this again and the same thing happened again. (only tested on the supreme rowboat not sure about other boats) 

Seems to happen with carts too!