Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Temples and churches of Wurm (pics here)

Let's share our Temples' and Cathedrals' pics and projects! Interior, exterior, general concepts - toss it all here.

This is what i've come up with (the general idea was that it would be able to hide a Knarr inside):

Spoiler

rmzseLV.png?1

olAs8E9.png?1

Or an ugly from the outside, better from the inside version:

Spoiler

LBevC3K.png?1

kJ4Q9vl.png?1

With a little living room / bedrrom for the priest:

nURMaHC.png?1

And this is what it looks like now... A fresh, minimalistic design, isn't it? ;)

DVO5q6o.png?1

Now show me your churches, please. Let's get the screenshots party started!

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 5

If temple builders don't come to my thread, i come to them! This time it's the glorious Cathedral of Constantinople built by Eyerobot, i presume. 6 1-tile-wide bridges right next to each otehr on 2 different levels. Spectacular. Can you even build bridges like this now?

FptvkJF.png

WgQcjiu.png

Isls3Kx.png

Now this was supposed to be another screenshot of the cathedral, but a silly walnut decided that it's its chance for a fotosession.

gmnUYVY.png

• Like 11

Thanks for stopping by and taking pictures, just bought this place and the temple is awesome

• Like 4

that cathedral is absolutely beautiful, and awe inspiring.

• Like 1

Today is the day of the Temple of Three, located in Arnshire, h18 Celebration, built by Arndell. A very cozy chapel made with a lot of creativity involved. And i thought that only HOTA statues can be used for nice decoration... Time to reevaluate things. ^_^

4CECObO.png?1

MBkkxtS.png?1

1hO7BPz.png?1

Total view and more pics:

Spoiler

0t8Eg7C.png?1

PKSwzYk.png?1

cw3QZDn.png?1

• Like 4

On 2016-03-11 at 8:25 PM, zigozag said:

the glorious Cathedral of Constantinople built by Eyerobot, i presume. 6 1-tile-wide bridges right next to each otehr on 2 different levels. Spectacular. Can you even build bridges like this now?

I seen this cathedral in a movie and I just love it 

And I also wonder are we able to build like this now ?

Ty Zigozag for making this post will be nice see what ppl done :)

Edited by Maiya
  • Like 1

Today i want to present you, ladies and gentlemen... Well, who am i trying to trick, everybody knows this miracle of Absy's and Vero's geniuses. The gloroius mind blowing St. Absy's Cathedral! Located in j14, Release, this landmark seems to be hurt a lot by the infamous offdeed decay bug, but now is under care and in the process of restoration by its new owners.

kwD6wKg.png?1

JwUzdsa.png?1

ADVqb4b.png?1

More pics here:

Spoiler

3PyBnkL.png?1

TISZlnz.png?1

liIiL4o.png?1

LHP0gMb.png?1

Can you believe that Absy and Vero aren't using DeedPlanner and plan this all in their heads? Incredible!

• Like 8

Back to little cozy churches. Like this one, "Our Lady with Blue Tentacles" (correct me if i'm wrong), in a picturesque, wonderful island village with a nicely carved shallow creek curving and crankling, running across it. The local bell tower was locked so i didn't take pictures of the deed, and i suggest you go to that little island on Release, m22-m23 border, visit Gaffer and Gammer and see for yourself. Ah... the church, right! Built for Vynora in the shape of a cross. I wonder how Vynora treats other religions' symbols :rolleyes:

l1iDpck.png?1

GSUivqs.png?1

Xm0jTvm.png?1

fY7qvKj.png?1

PS. This thread was not intended to become a  blog, but i'm okay with that. Feel free to PM me the locations of temples and sanctuaries worth a visit!

• Like 6

Awesome thread Zig, and thanks for including St. Absy's Cathedral  in it. I will be sure to let you know when we get it all restored and it is at its former glory again :) 

• Like 3

2c5eb951ee.jpg

Magranon's last devout Priest

: (

(the boy is Cornchips, he sold.. so I made something to remember him by)

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 8

As Arndell's bench builder, I can say his place really is awesome lol. Looks really nice inside there.

1 hour ago, Oreo said:

2c5eb951ee.jpg

Magranon's last devout Priest

: (

(the boy is Cornchips, he sold.. so I made something to remember him by)

In a cave! This looks great. Is it on Chaos?

It's been a pretty long time, and now the right moment has come to show you homebirds the Glasshollow Cathedral. It was a dark rainy night and soft light of lamps and braziers diffused by the raindrops was outlining the sanctuary, bringing up warm memories of the surrounding area where i started my journey in this world. Glasshollow Public Market and Harbors, Xanadu, C10/11 border, a place you will never forget.

fjWYDe7.png?1

cyCci1m.png?1

ehaEm5N.png?1

X1B40WG.png?1

QIOWYxx.png?1

More pictures here:

Spoiler

fnXnGSX.png?1

eVuf0ks.png?1

VlYvjBs.png?1

xd6AM04.png?1

G97Oil7.png?1

THFDz5W.png?1

VsApWue.png?1

Two speechless guardians watching over the harbour in the mist:

yC4ikM1.png?1

Why does it have no roof above the main hall? Is it because Vynora's holy presense protects her followers under the open sky better than anything else can? I believe so.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 3

Spoiler

Outside view, each side has a double arch entrance.  Will be placing marble pillars on top of the inner top and four corners around the outside second floor.

DBr5xnR.jpg

Spoiler

Wanted a whiter look so dyed the walls white to contrast the wood and stone on the outside and left inner courtyard natural stone color.

jH8E5AO.jpg

Spoiler

Inner courtyard has benches and lawn, Used trellis around the walls to give it a nature feeling to go with the grass.

cD9IXtI.jpg

Spoiler

Changed the trellis to rose.

SY9QxjO.jpg

Spoiler

Inner entrance from courtyard.

USyzqYu.jpg

Spoiler

Inside view of praying area.

QDoXRBP.jpg

Spoiler

Closer view with the inner area decorated. Used marble statues and marble flowerpots to decorate around the 4 altars.

i3Y1saN.jpg

Spoiler

Altar comes with it's own med rug underneath.  FSB / BSB cart is optional.  Will replace the barrel with amphoras for meals and water.

XCDw2cV.jpg

I'ts an on going project taking me about 4 months off and on working on it.  Hope to have it done by this summer.

• Like 3

Very nice, hope to see it finished one day! Good luck with your pillars, they sure make everything even better. Can you place them on the 2nd  floor now? How does the nymph feel in the fire of a brazier, by the way? :rolleyes:

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:25 AM, zigozag said:

If temple builders don't come to my thread, i come to them! This time it's the glorious Cathedral of Constantinople built by Eyerobot, i presume. 6 1-tile-wide bridges right next to each otehr on 2 different levels. Spectacular. Can you even build bridges like this now?

FptvkJF.png

WgQcjiu.png

Isls3Kx.png

Now this was supposed to be another screenshot of the cathedral, but a silly walnut decided that it's its chance for a fotosession.

gmnUYVY.png

I want to build something like this, but I have no idea how they made this, I think t his would look awesome in the town I have planned..

The roof is made of bridges on 3rd and 4th floors and the building itself is U-shaped.

• Like 2

i'm keen to give this a go later on, once I get my settlement going properly.

The Constantinople cathedral from a distance (while still under construction)

tumblr_nyvelkdC3G1uv2xp0o1_1280.jpg

Everian Shores J24

tumblr_ny6je94VWf1uv2xp0o8_1280.jpg

Fisherman's Wharf J18, community temple

tumblr_nqsom3foem1uv2xp0o1_1280.jpg

• Like 4

Oh I love this thread! Love all these masterpieces about the idea of different types of churches and such. :)

Here's my vision of a Gods' Garden. 

BJPFcGu.jpg

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

Oh I love this thread! Love all these masterpieces about the idea of different types of churches and such. :)

Here's my vision of a Gods' Garden. 

BJPFcGu.jpg

It feels like one tapestry has gone missing :D

What a wonderful and warm sanctuary under open sky, me likes it a lot.

Edited by zigozag

Soon all of Chaos will become one fire-sanded offering to Magranon.

It shall be glorious.

Kidding aside, nice work overall. Good stuff.

Edited by Klaa

On 3/18/2016 at 3:55 AM, zigozag said:

QIOWYxx.png?1

Can someone tell me what the wooden door/gate structures are in the left and right arches? I have never seen these before, or at least don't recognize them... thanks!

*edit*

Figured it out. They are siege shields. :D

Edited by Nuinethir