Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Double authentication error

Now we have a new bug where we are getting double authentication when we are running 1 client and not 2 and it will kick you. Need to check the code again some thing is out of place.

I can confirm this is a valid bug. Not quite sure if it's the same situation, but we have had several separate instances where a player joins PvE and transfers to PvP and gets kicked saying he is already in-game. 

Edited by AllThingsGaming

I also had it in WU, didn't do anything really, just that and crashed.

Was also just running one client.

The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason: <Duplicate authentication>

Rolf this is getting F'ing annoying right now not one dam client running and can't log in a single client start steam shut steam down start steam shut steam down still getting same thing now.

It will even let me log in char in screen min I movie the wasd keys baam crash "The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason: <Duplicate authentication>"  Come on we need a emergency dam fix this is a issue that can't wait till you decide to drop another patch in.

How do I feel right now 

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 1

Get this fixed ASAP!! Or you will be getting 10k people asking for a refund.

On 3/10/2016 at 11:40 AM, Lichbane said:

Happened to me as well. 

And again.  CC really need to get onto this!

Beyond a joke is an understatement. CC is driving what little Wurm community we have further and further away. Get your ###### together CC. 

Please calm your ###### and be patient for a bit more. From the beta patch notes:

• Fixes for some issues that would cause duplicated authentication errors.

This bug is not trivial (otherwise i'd release a fix with a mod long ago :P), they are working on it.

On 3/15/2016 at 8:55 AM, bdew said:

Please calm your ###### and be patient for a bit more. From the beta patch notes:

This bug is not trivial (otherwise i'd release a fix with a mod long ago :P), they are working on it.

Its the 21st....still waiting.

• Like 1

Nearly a month after this topic was opened, and no response from Devs (even to acknowledge the issue)?

I'm new to the game, and have enjoyed the few hours I've been able to play in between CTD due to the double authentication issue.

I play a wide variety of games (including EVE Online and 7DTD who both have a fantastic level of community communication), and have never seen Devs ignore a critical bug like this.

Is this normal behaviour for the Wurm devs?

1 hour ago, Rands said:

Nearly a month after this topic was opened, and no response from Devs (even to acknowledge the issue)?

I'm new to the game, and have enjoyed the few hours I've been able to play in between CTD due to the double authentication issue.

I play a wide variety of games (including EVE Online and 7DTD who both have a fantastic level of community communication), and have never seen Devs ignore a critical bug like this.

Is this normal behaviour for the Wurm devs?

I have seen this bug vanish now and only time I do get it is if I loose link and my toon is still inside game not fully logged out. I have seen a character get stuck in game on my server and not be online. When I see this I kick them out so they can log back in. As far as this bug it has been fixed. Only time I get it now is if my char is still in game but once it fully logs out I can log back in with out this warning. 

Yes I do agree be nice to see a dev comment when we drop a bug like this to let us know it is being looked into or worked on, over this left in the dark wondering if. Even tho they did not voice on this post they did fix it. But It would be nice to get there 2 min post letting us know they was aware of it.

Now if you can't log in with that character I would log in with a gm char and do a /who so you can see if that char is stuck in limbo. If it is on someones server you play on you will need to get a gm there to check see if that character is stuck in the game. I've seen this happen least 6 times where I had to kick that character so that person could log back in.

Edited by Arkonick

The double authentication bug is fixed AFAIK.

Regarding the limbo thing, I've noticed that players that login for the first time on a server, then close the client while in that "male/female" dialog are getting stuck in limbo. Didn't manage to track down the bug but i assume it has something to do with the character info not being fully initialized before logging off. I don't think i ever seen existing players getting stuck like that.

Also yes, it would be nice for somebody from the team to actually look into topics on this section... *sigh*

Edited by bdew

Nope, not fixed (maybe WO is but not WU?).

I had intermittent crashes yesterday, and twice in the space of 5 mins tonight before I gave up.

7 minutes ago, Rands said:

Nope, not fixed (maybe WO is but not WU?).

I had intermittent crashes yesterday, and twice in the space of 5 mins tonight before I gave up.

If you crash it's not because of auth issue. But if you some times try to log in with a character after a crash and that character is still in game you will get the auth error cause as far as the client and steam know is you already have that account going and logged in so it sees a dup auth. you'll get it some times till that character is fully logged out of the server.

I don't have the issue no more since the last patch when it was fixed nor do people on my server who had the same bug it is gone for all of us.

First I recommend tracking down why you are crashing. if you are running the server restart it or wait for the character to fully log out of the game before entering again. If it is a server ran by some one else if you can't log in after 3 mins which should be plenty of time for the character to fully log out then contact a gm on that server and have them see if your character is stuck online if so have them kick it so you can log back in.

Problem still here. Many players on my server and other servers - often face this problem.