Sign in to follow this  
Ruiner

Altar of three

Made a custom pve map started the server and had no black or white light. I placed the altar of three but cannot get it to work, no light? How can i fix this??

You need to enable "end game items" in the server config (advanced server settings) - this setting turns on the big altars and artifacts.

You might need to delete the altar that you spawned manually, then restart the server. I'm not sure if the altars can be functional if spawned by a GM, the server will place them on startup if this setting is enabled and no altars exist.

• Like 2

I had real issues with my altars.  I couldn't spawn them as a GM even If I destroyed the existing one.  I had to tag and move the same existing one.

Lichbane:

How did you get around the issue? 

I recently destroyed the huge bone altar and then placed a new one on a new server successfully.

Trying the same thing with the Altar of Three has left me with no Altar of Three while stay receiving an error message about needing to destroy the Altar of Three before a new one can be dropped.

Destroy the other altar, make sure "endgame items" is enabled in settings, restart server. Should respawn both of them.

Then use tag item to move them to where you want them as lichbane said.

Edited by bdew

I just used Sql to move mine, only need to change the x,y cords. Find the cords you want by examine the ground then use sql to change the cords and it will move every thing even the light source effect to the new cords upon restart of server.

• Like 1

Have to admit I had not used Tag item before.

Right-clicked on the altar, selected Tag Item. Teleported. Chose the Summon Huge bone altar option.

Repeated for Altar of Three.

Restarted server and worked fine!

Thanks!

On 2/17/2016 at 10:44 PM, bdew said:

You need to enable "end game items" in the server config (advanced server settings) - this setting turns on the big altars and artifacts.

You might need to delete the altar that you spawned manually, then restart the server. I'm not sure if the altars can be functional if spawned by a GM, the server will place them on startup if this setting is enabled and no altars exist.

How do I remove the artifacts? if I turn endgame items off my altars don't work, I cant seem to delete the artifacts in the db

without the server replacing them?

Edited by EarthsDefect
more info

activate your wand, rightclick altar ---> specials / item / destroy (or without specials, i am at work now)

Eject

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eject said:

activate your wand, rightclick altar ---> specials / item / destroy (or without specials, i am at work now)

Eject

This will destroy my altar that's not what I want to do. I need to remove artifacts from the map.

Edited by EarthsDefect
Robots

sorry i missunderstood you, i was reading to fast :D

2 hours ago, Eject said:

sorry i missunderstood you, i was reading to fast :D

all good. How do I remove artifacts?

Is artifacts a problem on PVE servers? AFAIK Locate Artifact doesn't work on home servers (which your PVE server should be, unless you are doing something weird), and so players shouldn't be able to find them.

On 3/26/2017 at 11:35 PM, bdew said:

Is artifacts a problem on PVE servers? AFAIK Locate Artifact doesn't work on home servers (which your PVE server should be, unless you are doing something weird), and so players shouldn't be able to find them.

No its not a home server. I have 2 kingdoms freedom and hots.

Edited by EarthsDefect
Robots

I deleted both altars, have end game items checked, restarted 3x and no altars re spawned. What do I do?

3 hours ago, McKenna said:

I deleted both altars, have end game items checked, restarted 3x and no altars re spawned. What do I do?

Look in your server logs for a line like this during startup

INFO com.wurmonline.server.endgames.EndGameItems: Loaded 2 altars and 12 artifacts. That took 63.26484 ms.

If it says 0 means you don't have endgame items enabled, if it says 1 it means you still have one somewhere and should delete it, if it says 2 it means they have been respawned.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1