Sign in to follow this  
GroeneAppel

[Bug] E-mail "Wurm Online premium expiry warning"

Not sure where to post it.

But:

681AP.png

This is kind of overkill.

I'd rather call this notifications, the thread title was a bit misleading :-)

Emails : that's what these should be imo.

Notifications, should be every few hours, or at every login, maybe exponentially increasing closer to expiry. But it should be be so much.

We basically live our lives looking at the event windows, that is wurm. So spamming it, is not neccesary.

i had same thing

5 emails on 1 day..

quite annoying when it's so spammy.

Most likely added so that people who are on a premium only server can make there way to a f2p server asap if they dont want to be stuck non prem and not being able to login. Maybe

I was on an alt one day and it say my prem was going to expire and I wouldn't be able to log in. but I was on a home server and it's free to play. meaning I could log back in.

This could cause some people who went premium but are about to run out not to log back in because it said they wouldn't be able too.

EDIT: this is what I actually said

[15:29:53] Once your premium time expires, you will not be able to log in until you have renewed it.

which isn't true.

Edited by Aetherion

How many characters are about to expire? So far I got one email for one character, if you got 15 then 15 mails should be ok.

How many characters are about to expire? So far I got one email for one character, if you got 15 then 15 mails should be ok.

You can only have 5 per mail account...

But would be good to know if this is just one account or more.

Edited by Sklo:D

Every time I get to a sever crossing I get the premium expiry notification email.

This gets spammy really fast and in the last 3 days i've gotten 21 (!!!) emails about the same char's prem running out

My mail program started asking me if this is spam....

Please fix so it checks when was the last notification sent, thank you

Edited by Thorakkanath

When your premium is about to expire([19:30:31] Your premium time expires this week.), then every time you enter another server, the email is being sent again. Crossed server borders several time today and each time I got another "Wurm Online premium expiry warning" e-mail.

Found another thread of the same and this is already in the bug list 

Not sure how long this thing has been on the bug list lol, but it is happening still / again. 

P.S. Finding a thread that's over a year old for a bug is virtually impossible.... especially given it's in the wrong section.

When your premium is about to expire (one week prem left), you get expiry warning e-mail every time you cross server border.

• Like 1

Got 8 emails today.

It appears system sends mail every time my toon is logged in, including when crossing servers.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, Badget said:

Got 8 emails today.

It appears system sends mail every time my toon is logged in, including when crossing servers.

This is correct. It's a bit low on the priority list.

ba3eae72cd617f13a29a8e6c0cc604d8.png

Notice the timestamps and that they are all about the same character. Seems to happen every time I cross a server border. Super annoying.

• Like 3