Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

Sure Bdew, I have a lot going on myself at the moment, completely understand. If I do get around to doing this adjustment before you I will do a PR on it, I like you don't know when that might be at the moment however. Everything works great, hope you don't take it as criticism, just finding quirks due to the massive amount of variables that boats have.

New mod: HotS Fixes

• Allows mycelium on PVE server and fixes it's spreading
  • Removes ore-cap on non-freedom PVE/home servers
  • Allows casting of fungus and rite of death by BL priests on PVE servers
  • Everything can be toggled from config

Download and source code:https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hotsfixes/releases

• Like 1

Thanks for all the mods bdew! However I seem to be having an issue with the hots fixes mod:

Mycelium doesn't seem to want to spread within Libila's domain. I confirmed the server has PvP turned off and it is set as a hots home server. I also made sure that the hots fixes mod was the only mod running on the server to rule out any possible mod conflicts.

Checking the logs seems to indicate everything is fine, but here's the lines from where it talks about loading the mod just in case:

Spoiler

[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: fixMycelium: true
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: removeOreCap: true
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: allowFungus: true
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: allowRiteOfDeath: true
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied PVP server fix in com.wurmonline.server.spells.Fungus.precondition:59
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied PVP server fix in com.wurmonline.server.spells.RiteDeath.precondition:64
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied PVP server fix in com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller.checkEffects:574
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied PVP server fix in com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller.checkEffects:592
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied PVP server fix in com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller.checkEffects:617
[08:56:56 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied PVP server fix in com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller.checkForGrassSpread:1431
[08:56:57 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied PVP server fix in com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller.checkForMycelGrowth:1648
[08:56:57 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied home server fix in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileRockBehaviour.<init>:182
[08:56:57 AM] INFO HotS Fixes: Applied home server fix in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileRockBehaviour.<init>:184
[08:56:57 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.bdew.wurm.hotsfixes.HotsFixes as hotsfixes (unversioned)

I'm not sure what else to try after this.

Edit: Tried it with PvP turned on. No change.

Edited by Karthannar

Hmm, might have something to do with the new domain system. The fixes above only allow spreading of existing myc to nearby tiles (regardless of domain). Old domain system didn't need any fixes (i think), maybe the new ones needs something.

I'll look into it. 

any chance youll be expanding the tresure chest mod to include configurable contents and respawn rate and such?

could there be mechanics such as with artifacts where they would have to be dug up? :P

10 hours ago, Aum said:

configurable contents

I'll look into it, the main problem is parsing the definitions for that. The simplistic properties file format used for configs is not very suited for things like that.

10 hours ago, Aum said:

respawn rate

It's kinda tied to the zones system that the server uses, in a way that might be a pain to modify. I'll see what can be done when i get the chance.

10 hours ago, Aum said:

could there be mechanics such as with artifacts where they would have to be dug up? :P

I'll need to look into how artifacts work, i have never really messed with them. I assume it will need some kind of "locate treasure" spell a-la locate artifact? hmm..

• Like 1

Just some thoughts Bdew:

Configurable contents: perhaps could be overridden then a comma separated list of content id's and amounts, You are correct though it would be difficult with the properties file. Even with ID's people would need to know what template ID to use, and nobody has made a list as far as I know, most people that know how to look them up know how to mod...

The artifacts, and anything you want really are just hiden items, they are set below the surface, you can do this in game with ebony wand, right click hide...it just puts it on a different Z so you have to dig before it appears.

• Like 1

New mod - Hitching Limits

• Allows control over what animals can be hitched to carts/wagons
  • Change settings to allow older non-domestic animals to be hitched, including greenish/champions.
  • Change settings to allow weaker animals to be hitched (Want to feel like Cinderella? get a mice rat-powered cart!)
  • Everything is configurable. Default config matches vanilla settings.
  • Example modified config here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hitchlimits/blob/master/altconfig/hitchlimits.properties 

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hitchlimits/releases

Edited by bdew
  • Like 4

On 2/13/2016 at 2:52 PM, bdew said:

Hitching Limits

• Allows control over what animals can be hitched to carts/wagons
  • Change settings to allow older non-domestic animals to be hitched, including greenish/champions.
  • Change settings to allow weaker animals to be hitched (Want to feel like Cinderella? get a mice rat-powered cart!)
  • Everything is configurable. Default config matches vanilla settings.
  • Example modified config here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hitchlimits/blob/master/altconfig/hitchlimits.properties 

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hitchlimits/releases

Bdew's Wurm Unlimited mods - the unnerf solution that returns your game to its former pristine like new condition!

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

Bdew's Wurm Unlimited mods - the unnerf solution that returns your game to its former pristine like new condition!

While this is definetly inspired by today's drama, i haven't un-nerfed anything yet (tho i will when/if it goes live!).

This allows people to change it the other way around. Remove the age limit completely if you want, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, bdew said:

While this is definetly inspired by today's drama, i haven't un-nerfed anything yet (tho i will when/if it goes live!).

This allows people to change it the other way around. Remove the age limit completely if you want, etc.

It's all good bdew. I love your mods and tweaks so even if you haven't unnerfed anything yet... ;)

Panda cart anyone? That will be even cooler than the zebra cart!

40 minutes ago, Aum said:

dont think you got the right file on the hitchlimits page, im getting a spawnfix-0.1.zip from https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hitchlimits/releases

=P fantastic work tho!!

Derp! Fat fingered when uploading i guess. Fixed.

31 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Are there champ dogs on your server Bdew?

I... have no idea :P I haven't modified anything related to that so it should follow vanilla behavior. I know there used to be dog lairs in WO that could spawn champion dogs, but those have been removed long ago and i don't think i've seen any since.

Also i don't think dogs can drag carts with the current settings i have on the server, if that's what you're going for :P

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Are there champ dogs on your server Bdew?

if you make a lair and set it to dogs or whatever youll get champion creatures from that lair

i have champion chickens and roosters on my server and they are as big as people

• Like 2

we really need a way to have 4 pets at a time, for bear wagons n such u know x)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aum said:

we really need a way to have 4 pets at a time, for bear wagons n such u know x)

Hm. I think having actually 4 pets will be a nightmare to do with all the places stuff like that is hardcoded, but i can look into adding an options to prevent creatures from unhitching when they un-tame.

• Like 1

yeah it used to be possible via a bug with sorcery and summoning worgs and then taming something and then summoning another worg or something weird like that but its since been fixed,

tho you still get a bunch of tamed skeletons for that sorcery spell but can only order the last one around.

the no unhitching would be interesting fix, at least something if its easy, still gonna require you be fo priest and stay off deeds n such, which isnt a big deal on my server x)

Interesting things to be done with the Hitching Limits. Bwhaha

I'd like to ask about the Movement Tweaks mod. Could you maybe add a mob movement speed multiplier, so everything else in the game can be rebalanced in one go?

I ask this because I added 25% movement speed to horses and players, and that's enough to make everything else much less of a threat. 

Being able to configure each individual creature is really neat, but having a global multiplier that can be overriden by the current detailed configs (if specified) would be perfect. Is this too much to ask? :mellow:

Thanks!

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, bdew said:

Hm. I think having actually 4 pets will be a nightmare to do with all the places stuff like that is hardcoded, but i can look into adding an options to prevent creatures from unhitching when they un-tame.

This would be wonderful. A big thank you and a huge hug to you also for your recent hitching mod. It is what caused me to buy a copy of WU and switch to that instead of just quitting altogether over the recent nerfing fiasco. Next month when my WO sub ends instead of re-subbing there I will instead be clicking your donate button :) 

On 9/9/2016 at 8:48 PM, Gabe said:

Could you maybe add a mob movement speed multiplier

No idea where that's actually controlled. I'll look into it when i have the chance. Hopefully It's not somewhere deep in pathfinding and ai code *sigh*...

On 9/9/2016 at 8:48 PM, Gabe said:

Being able to configure each individual creature is really neat, but having a global multiplier that can be overriden by the current detailed configs (if specified) would be perfect. Is this too much to ask? :mellow:

Note that what you currently control is their speed when used as mounts, their autonomous movement speed is not changed (i think).

14 minutes ago, Elizarya said:

This would be wonderful. A big thank you and a huge hug to you also for your recent hitching mod. It is what caused me to buy a copy of WU and switch to that instead of just quitting altogether over the recent nerfing fiasco. Next month when my WO sub ends instead of re-subbing there I will instead be clicking your donate button :) 

Heh, thanks for the kind words and enjoy your stay in the various unlimited realms :P