Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

On 2/13/2017 at 5:27 AM, bdew said:

I'm currently thinking about restarting the server with a new map (some people have complained that the map is too annoying without enough flat land), maybe getting rid of HOTS theme (not many people seem to enjoy it).

Nothing is currently set in stone and i'm considering all options, so if you have played on the server before, or would like to play in the future and have any input please comment.

I played on the server every day for 3-4 months as Dumuzi. I was going to wait until 1.3 hit WU before picking it up again. While I'd prefer to keep the map it wouldn't really bother me to start over. The Libila theme is what drew me to the server in the first place. Though I can't say I care for myselium itself, I love the option of Libila worship in a non-pvp enviornment. Even if the main focus goes away from HOTS, I hope the option is kept for being a Libila priest along with any others. And if it's possible to just get rid of myselium, and keep all the other aspects of Libila worship, all the better.

Having given this some consideration, I've decided to not shut down the current server as long as there are any people interested in playing it.

I'll be adding a new, non-HOTS-themed map once 1.3 is released. A preview of the map is available here (this is not the 100% final version, i'm still tweaking it). Travel will be available between the 2 maps via portals at the spawn deeds and boats and there will be a new shared chat channel between all the servers that works regardless of kingdom, the current local  and global kingdom channels will be removed.

I'll also add a small server that will act as a login server (a-la GV, one enclosed deed with portals).

I'll be doing some maintenance in preparation for those changes in the coming days once I've ironed out some of the issues.

• Like 1

Doing maintenance on the server in preparation for 1.3, including some of the changes listed above. 

Server might come up and go down a few times, expect some turbulence.

Maintenance over, everything is back up.

• The name in steam server browser was changed. Look for "Otherlands PVE Cluster". If you had the server in favorites you will need to re-add it.
  • New login server, Cradle, has been added. New characters will start there and will need to take a portal to Otherland or (in the future) the new server.
    • Existing players already on Otherland should not be affected by this change
  • Local and global kingdom channels were disabled, instead a new "Global" channel was added that works across all kingdoms and servers.
  • Trade channel will now work across kingdoms
  • Skill and Speed multipliers increased to x10
  • 1/day limit on prayers and meditation removed
  • Hitching animals to boats was disabled, instead you can convert animals to tokens by right clicking them while leading, and load those tokens into ships.
    • This will allow to move animals across servers when the new server is opened.

Known issues: 

• Live map is currently not updating, will be fixed ASAP. Fixed.

Added: Enable epic missions on Otherland.

Edited by bdew

On 2/28/2017 at 3:01 PM, bdew said:

Doing maintenance on the server in preparation for 1.3, including some of the changes listed above. 

Server might come up and go down a few times, expect some turbulence.

new map is not included in the "Otherlands 1.3 TEST" server correct? 

Will players  using the portal to Otherlands on maon server (nonbeta)  be permanently HOTS or will they have an easy way to later convert to WhiteLight/Freedom Kingdom?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Once the new server opens you will be able to travel between it and Otherland using boats or portals at the starter deeds, automatically converting between Freedom and HOTS.

Building towers is not required for deeding on either server as they are "home" servers and are fully covered by one kingdom domain.

For religions my current plan, assuming i can get it to work right, is to let characters be whatever religion regardless of kingdom (so if you go to Otherland, convert to Lib, then go to the Freedom server you can still follow Lib, build altars, etc.)

Retro has announced that 1.3 will be released on the 6th of March. This is somewhat quicker than i expected and i'm not sure if i'll have the time to finish everything by then, the release of the new server might be delayed to a few days after that.

In other news "1/day limit on prayers and meditation removed" - this seems to be partially borked at the moment and will be fixed soon(tm).

Edit: In other other news: The forum is FUBAR and i can't even open the bugs section to post about it. But hey at least i can still post here, so yay \o/

Edited by bdew

Server update 02/03/2017

• Fixed removal unlimited prayers and meditation.
  • Significantly buffed speed enchants (WoA/BotD) on weapons.

9 hours ago, bdew said:

Once the new server opens you will be able to travel between it and Otherland using boats or portals at the starter deeds, automatically converting between Freedom and HOTS. 

Will the sailing connection be on one specific side, or well you just have an option to cross by ship to the other server regardless which direction you sail to the edge of the server?

You will be able to choose the server using plot course then cross from any border.

nevermind my eyes are getting old, i thought the new map looked like it had a shortage of clay but I enlarged it in another program and can see bits here and there now.

is the new map also 2048x2048?

Yes it's 2048. There is plenty of clay spots, but they are smaller than on otherland so might be harder to see on the map.

eeks:

[11:42:18] You are now too far away to attack The venerable starving raging kyklops.

Edit: AND a red dragon not too far from there D:

Everything is updated to 1.3 and the new server is up and running. Portals between servers are available at the starter deeds and boat travel is enabled.

It looks like the Stable Master mod that allows exchanging animals to tokens has a bug that breaks server transfers.

I've done an emergency restart and disabled server transfers with animal tokens for now.

Any chance of tweaking the Dirt spell so everyone can cast it?

9 minutes ago, Alux said:

Any chance of tweaking the Dirt spell so everyone can cast it?

I'll be doing a pass on all religions and spells soon, balancing out the WL gods vs Libila.

In general i want there to be some difference between the religions, but not to the point where one is significantly better than the other, or players feel forced to keep multiple alts with different religions.

oo neat, how do you enable epic missions?

23 minutes ago, Aum said:

oo neat, how do you enable epic missions?

I just ran #newmission for fo/mag/lib on the server and it seemed that the missions worked for a few cycles. But then they stopped again. I'll be looking more into it when i get the chance, as i want the active on my serves, but haven't gotten around to that yet as i was too busy with the 1.3 update and opening a new server.

Edited by bdew

ah yeah ive done that but yes they get bugged too.

i have a bunch of player gods, would love to get battle messages n stuff as i can see them all on the valrei map fighting in the background console, and ofc missions for em would be funny.

grats on the server expansion =) ill have to come poke my head in, i like the speed changes for sure

I've update the stablemaster mod with some fixes and re-enabled taking animals across servers.

Server update - 09/03/2017

• Updated to 1.3.1.3.
  • Fixed a bug that was messing up the faith of players traveling from Otherland to Cradle for the first time.
    • If you have a character that lost his faith, or can't cast after crossing servers - open a /support ticket.
  • Dirt spell is now available to all priests and makes up to 100 dirt when cast on a container.
  • Bless favor cost reduced to 5.
    • This makes grinding channeling for lib as easy as it's for WL priests with light token and morning fog.
  • Drain Health healing component buffed and will now work even against uniques, damage component also buffed (but still won't damage uniques).
    • This should allow lib priests to reliably heal themselves in PVE lacking the direct healing spells.

Server update 14/03/2017

• All mailboxes can now be used by all players, regardless of spell (Dark Messenger/Courier)
  • Forges, ovens, etc. will now produce ash while burning.
  • Added remaining burn time to forges, ovens, etc.
  • Cooking tweaks:
    • High complexity food will now give higher nutrition gain
    • Players with high Carbs value will receive a bonus to Mind skill gain and it's subskills
    • Players with high Proteins value will receive a bonus to Body skill gain and it's subskills
    • Examining food will now show more detailed CCFP and nutrition info

Server update 17/03/2017

• Creature lairs/dens can now be searched for treasure. Beware of the dwellers being not top happy about that.
  • Gems can now be sold to token for a decent chunk of cash. 2c*ql for normal gems, 5c*ql for star gems.
    • This is not limited by the daily sell to token cap.
    • If you aren't hurting for cash, you might want to hold on for your gems, as more uses will be added later.
    • Bounties have been bumped up a bit overall, and bounties for champions creatures are significantly bigger.
  • Ash production from forges, ovens, etc. has been toned down a bit.