Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

Server features

• 3 servers - Walden, Avalon (Freedom) and Otherland (Horde of the summoned)
  • Free travel between the servers via portals at the starter deeds or boats
  • Skills and stats start at 20 (21 for ML and BC)
  • 10x skills and action timers multiplier
  • 2048x2048 custom map
  • 30000 creatures, 30% aggressive
  • CR modifier set to 3
  • Deeds cost silver and upkeep is ENABLED (but see below - you get free 5s for deeding)
  • Fast animal pregnancies and farm growth
  • Server is hosted in Germany on a physical server i rent
  • Offsite backup to Google Cloud Storage every 6 hours
  • New! Server forums - http://otherlands.boards.net/

nexus.png

Live map: Walden (Freedom) | Avalon (Freedom) | Otherland (HotS)

• Custom starting inventory (30ql chain set + 2H sword, 20ql tools, sickle, butchering knife, 50ql toolbelt, 4 ropes + standard crap)
  • Walking speed and weight limits increased a bit
  • All mounts can carry more weight to account for increased weight limits on players, also weight traits are stronger
  • Deed stakes give 5s towards founding new deeds + 3s to upkeep
  • Disbanding a deed will not return any money
  • Bounties for killing creatures and burrying corpses, paid directly to bank
  • Priest restrictions and penalties removed
  • Some WL spells usable by Libila priests
  • All spells require a maximum of 90 favour
  • Faith and Meditation gains are unlimited
  • Increased stat gains (including above 31)
  • Increased gains for some skills, notably: weapon smithing
  • Crates are larger - 1000 items in large, 250 in small
  • Rainbow unicorns - 16777216 color variations! 
  • Horses, Carts, Wagons are faster and can enter deeper water
  • Aggresive creatures can be hitched to carts (while tamed), they will stay hitched if untamed, not attack players and won't be attacked by g
  • All boats are faster and less affected by wind, can go over shallower water
  • Added "Claim" action to treasure chests - removes the lock and awards the player with a bit of karma
  • All animals will age quickly up to adolescent age (except chickens and a few other special creatures)
  • Crops never turn to weeds
  • New /seasons command to show next harvesting seasons
  • Can harvest when mounted
  • Warning for inbreeding
  • Items from digging will pile on the ground or go into your cart (and into crates if you have them)
  • Clay, tar, peat and moss produce 20kg when digged
  • Items from dredging will be stored in ship cargo
  • Lowered delay between path levels by factor of 10
  • No failing to relax when meditating
  • Chance to get a rare bone when sacrificing rares
  • Healing covers show power in their name
  • Allow for transfer of all items between bulk containers
  • Many actions that ignored the action speed multiplier were changed to correctly apply it
  • Flatten, Level, Meditation, Praying, Sacrificing, Spells, Sowing, and multiple other misc actions
  • Spyglasses and softcaps can be crafted by players
  • Bag of Holding spell - can be cast on containers and vehicles to increase their capacity
  • Animals can be exchanged into tokens for easy transportation, tokens can be loaded into ships (corbita and larger) and moved between servers)
  • Speed enchants (WoA/BotD) on melee weapons are significantly more powerful
  • Ore veins, and resource tiles (tar, peat, clay) can be removed by deed owners
  • Treasure chests have a chance to spawn rift wood/stone/crystal for crafting runes
  • Creature lairs/dens can be searched for treasure. Beware of the dwellers being not too happy about that
  • Gems can be sold to token for a decent chunk of cash - 2c*ql for normal gems, 5c*ql for star gems (not limited by daily sell to token cap or kingdom coffers)
  • Farwalker stones and twigs can be sold to token for 4.5s
  • Forges, ovens, etc. produce ash while burning
  • Salve of Frost and Potion of Acid actually work. Damage is in line with FA/FB of power ~80. They stack with normal enchants but not each other.
  • Increased drake/dragon difficulty, rewarded hide/scale amounts scales better with number of players (more players = more loot for everyone)
  • Vynora priests with over 60 faith will receive a 20% speed bonus when piloting boats and ships
  • Players with >50 animal husbandry and taming skills can now lead and ride unicorns without taming and will not be aggroed by hell horses.
  • More items that can be planted in planters: Nettles, sassafras, woad, cocoa bean, nutmeg, blueberry, lingonberry, raspberries, all mushrooms
  • Enchanted grass is a spell available to all WL priests and can work in an area. 
  • Path of Love followers instead get a new ability on level 7 - Lovely Grove
    • Ages or rejuvinates all trees and bushes in a 5x5 area to mature or old age, makes them grow sprouts and be harvestable regardless of season.
  • New items:
    • Light spear - can be used one handed with a shield. Faster and deals less damage than 2h versions. Can be made from either wood or metal staff + spear head.
    • Circlet of protection - provides protection equivalent of a steel greathelm, while not looking like a bucket. Improves with JC. Silver lump + small anvil to start.
    • Warhammer - 1 handed weapon with about the same damage as a longsword, uses warhammers skill. Made with large maul head + shaft.
  • Cooking tweaks:
    • High complexity food will now give higher nutrition gain
    • Players with high Carbs value will receive a bonus to Mind skill gain and it's subskills
    • Players with high Proteins value will receive a bonus to Body skill gain and it's subskills
    • Examining food will now show more detailed CCFP and nutrition info
  • Special and legacy items available on traders:
    • Old presents from WO: Garden gnome, yule goat/reindeer, valentines, fireworks, picnic basket, etc.
    • Yellow potions - gives temporary illusion
    • Brown potion - gives 1 random affinity point
    • Silver mirror - allows to change character looks
    • Silver scalpel - allows to change character sex
    • Bag of Keeping - tiny containers that stays with you after death
    • HotA voucher - can be redeemed for HotA statue of choice 
  • Various tweaks required by the unique nature of the server badly interacting with rolfcode (mycelium decay on PVE servers, disabled BL spells, etc.)

Rules

1. Don't be a jerk.
  2. Despite BL theme, both servers are PVE server. Griefing and harassment are not allowed.
  3. Players are responsible for securing their crap. Everything not properly secured is considered free game.
  4. If you find a bug - report it, don't abuse it.
  5. All client mods are allowed as long as they aren't actively disruptive to the community or the server itself.
  6. See rule #1

Support the Server

Want to support the server? Consider donating some money to it's upkeep! All leftovers will be used to buy beer to maintain my sanity after digging through rolfcode.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

banner-1.png

Edited by bdew
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Aum said:

smexy, very smexy

Seems like some people had issues accessing the live map if their system had working IPV6, due to a slight misconfiguration on my side. This is now fixed.

Welcome to everyone that joined the server over it's first 2 days. We now have a few player deeds, a road in the works and even a single classic noob shanty near spawn. :P

Updates 14/02/2016

• Fixed an issue with crates destroying items over their vanilla capacity (blame rolfcode!)
    • From the logs it looks like only some dirt was lost to this, but if you somehow lost something you care about - open a ticket and I'll replace it.
  • Added server to wurm-unlimited.com (see banner in the OP) - Please vote if you like this server.

I'm also planning another quick restart either later today or tomorrow to apply a few more tweaks and fixes and update some software on the server.

Not sure if it was my client or your server but:

The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason: <Error while authenticating the user with steam.>

3 hours ago, akaedis said:

Not sure if it was my client or your server but:

The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason: <Error while authenticating the user with steam.>

I've seen this error myself playing on other servers... don't think anyone figured out what's causing yet. Nothing useful in server or client logs, just steam being derpy. It fixes itself after a while, switching steam to offline mode then back online helps sometimes too.

3 hours ago, MootRed said:

I love HoTS but i really find the mycellium bleak :(

Theare are plenty of non-mycelium areas around :P

• Like 2

Another small update:

• Fixed max carried weight increase not working correctly
    • Max weight should be 1.5x normal, with slowdown applied at 75% and 90% of that.
  • Farming, Animal Husbandry and Animal Taming skillgain buffed a bit.
  • Added some debugging code to steam authentication code to maybe shed some light on those "Error while authenticating the user with steam" errors

@akaedis please try logging in again when you can, either it will work now or give some more useful debug info.

For people who want to know the basic amounts you can times your Body STR by to get your max and your slow down amounts I listed them below.

For max carry weight 10.5 x STR

For First Slowdown Mark its 7.875 X STR

For the Second Slowdown its 9.45 x STR

Edited by zentil

I've been looking at the ore distribution and i really don't like it. Everything except iron is way too regional, there's way too little gold and silver and way too much iron/copper/lead... to the point that in many regions you wouldn't be able to mine more than a few tiles in one direction without bumping into a vein, making any future tunnels way too much pain in the arse.

I'm planning to regenerate the cave layer in the next few days, once i'm sure i can do it without breaking everything and i'm happy with the distribution we get.

Existing mines should stay intact, and uncovered veins will be kept, but everything else (including prospected but not uncovered veins) will be nuked.

If you want to keep something that you prospected it might be a good idea to uncover it now.

It is a little weird, isn't it.  The on-deed mine I dug has three lead tiles, two iron tiles, and a copper tile, all in a four-tile-long tunnel (including the entrance).  I got lucky and the one rock tile I uncovered was between two lead tiles.

Edited by Ricowan
spelling

Server update 17/02/2016

• Many actions that ignored the action speed multiplier were changed to correctly apply it
    • Flatten and Level
    • Meditation
    • Praying
    • Sacrificing
    • Sowing
    • Destroy (fence, wall, item)
    • Painting and removing paint
    • Stringing and Unstringing bows
    • Stringing fishing rods
    • Alchemy
  • Applied this fix for steam authentication issues
  • Field growth speed reduced, but yields increased 
  • Animal pregnancies shortened
  • Added an ingame map (requires server packs clientside mod)
  • Server now has a twitter

Ore layer regeneration will happen somewhere during the weekend.

that would be my shanty bed n breakfast for noobs  the beds for rent only 10c ! (thats only 5 rats worth of bounty!)

are you planning to add zombies to the creature spawn ? :P

RtmRsig.jpg

valrei mobs would be cool also!

Zombies - maybe, if i can figure out how to convince them to not be friendly to players :P

Not sure about valrei mobs, most of them are way too much pain in the arse for my taste. 

As an idea, i might make an area (possibly one of the islands) with increased chances of treasure chests and maybe moon metals - and make valrei mobs spawn there.

Mine layer has been regenerated to be more reasonable. As planned, the existing mines and all uncovered veins were untouched. I don't think i broke anything but in case i did - tell me about it here or via /support :P

In other news the mod that fixes action times was updated to fix a small bug (i will release the mod for others soon™).

The number of spirit shadows at Irkalla was getting out of hand, so i nuked most of them. No idea why they keep spawning, probably some bug somewhere *sigh*.

Edit: for those wondering, the old mine layer looked like this: http://imgur.com/PJiLNdv ... yeah.

Edited by bdew

Bump! Looking for more players. Lots of open space, lots of mods (and more coming soon), and mycelium, mycelium everywhere! :P

love all the mods in this server, it has a nice feel and you can get setup quickly and you have the option to hunt in spooky mycelium forests x)

bug report: logged in today and there was lots of guards again at spawn and i think grass is quickly taking back the mycelium, also couldnt meditate on the rug there, not sure if its a bug or deed setting

8 hours ago, Aum said:

love all the mods in this server, it has a nice feel and you can get setup quickly and you have the option to hunt in spooky mycelium forests x)

bug report: logged in today and there was lots of guards again at spawn and i think grass is quickly taking back the mycelium, also couldnt meditate on the rug there, not sure if its a bug or deed setting

Yeah i have no idea WTF is going on with guards at spawn, they somehow manage to lose their association with the deed, so the deed spawns more, then the new ones lose their association and so forth. It must be a bug somewhere in vanilla code (none of my mods change anything in that area) but so far i haven't found what causes it.

I have a fix in the works for grass overtaking mycelium, i'll apply it today hopefully. Wurm really doesn't like myc on PVE servers, i've fixed it in one place when i opened the server (otherwise it would all rapidly revert to grass) but missed a few other checks.

The rug should work... just spawned a new character and he was able to meditate. You can't gain skill above 20 without choosing a path, but you should be able to meditate.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Server update 26/02/2016

• Applied a fix for mycelium spreading
  • Fixed the stupid guard spawns at Irkalla (hopefully, the rolfcode is strong with this one)
  • Added a donate button to the OP as some people asked for it

Server update 01/03/2016

• Server updated to Wurm Unlimited 1.0.0.3
  • Added Bag of Holding mod - adds a spell with the same name that can be cast on containers to make them larger

I might restart the server again either later today or tommorow morning to add some more stuff i've been working on but wasn't ready on time.

Edited by bdew

Server Update 02/03/2016 ("It's my birthday and i'm digging through rolfcode at 7am" edition)

• Fixed crop tiles not behaving correctly (slower growth and decaying to weeds)
  • All spell casting times are now correctly affected by the action time modifier
  • Fixed a bug that caused Fungus and Rite of Death spells not working
  • Spyglasses can now be created by players and are no longer nodrop
    • Use 1.5 kg brass lump on a small anvil to make a tube combine it with a diamond
  • Fish, uncooked meat and fillets can now be stored in Crates and FSBs

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Happy Birthday!