Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Lower chance of removing planted tiles for creatures grazing.

I feel that this would help to remove a good chunk of the animal-related tedium from the game, particularly for those of us who are into breeding them. None of my animals have the hunger trait, but it seems like despite keeping them alone in 1x2 stalls, the majority of my horses and bison will end up reducing their feed to dirt every day, and sometimes multiple times a day.

2 tiles per animal might be too low for gras/steppe/farm to survive long, but right for enchanted grass.

maybe your solution is bigger pens

Sadly bigger pens means they clump in one spot

Would be neat if on deed only, with a good ratio enchanted grass packing is eliminated and animals gain hunger slower.  Off deed or poor ratio would be the same as is now

Keep your animals in larger pens, or enchant your grass.

I keep lots of my animals in 2x2 pens, two animals each, and they haven't packed a tile of enchanted grass yet.

Sorry but this is a -1 from me

Enchanted grass is a good way to go to fix your problem and 30 meditation takes no time at all to get :)

1x1 or 1x2 good for 1-2 animals if enchanted, occasionally you will get a packed tile, but not too often

Larger pens won't work due to poor animal pathfinding code, i believe. Enchanted grass is a requirement now. Is it bad? I don't know.

It's hardly a requirement. Before I could enchant grass on my deed, I had 2 animals each per 4-tile pen, and while I did have to replant grass from time to time, it really wasn't a huge deal.

Well, that's true. Even piles of cut grass can last months. But animals shouldn't pack tiles unless all the area (pen) is 'cut short'. They just don't do that. So i'll +1