Sign in to follow this  
Namekat

Remove Player Gods

I'm not a player God and I think it's unfair that others are so they should be removed. I have taken the time to do an extensive survey and found this suggestion to be widely accepted in a positive light, 

[18:19:51] <Pidgeoni> i wouldnt mind much

[18:20:06] <Brunwulf> I wouldnt care either

[18:25:46] <Gary> yes

I think I removed some stuff but it's a lot of work to re type so just imagine a really good argument for removing them here.

Edited by Namekat
  • Like 8

i just logged in and said yes without knowing what was going on but i approve

You have the option to be. I'm not a 95 weaponsmith and I think it's unfair that others are so they should all be removed. :P

• Like 1

Namekat for King so we can finally get Namekatestries ingame

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

Namekat for King so we can finally get Namekatestries ingame

Rhianna said a long word :o

• Like 1

-1 Leave them alone I need all the sb I can get from missions.

• Like 1

+1 broken and bugged

remove and balance default priests like Aflac said it will never happen but it's nice to dream

5 hours ago, Audrel said:

You have the option to be. I'm not a 95 weaponsmith and I think it's unfair that others are so they should all be removed. :P

+1 to this /\

Edited by Evilreaper

10 hours ago, Audrel said:

That has nothing to do with this post. Having the option to follow these gods isn't the same as someone being a 95 weaponsmith and any comparison there is just ridiculous. Being a 95 weaponsmith is different than the fact that these new gods screw with balance, render the old gods largely useless, and introduce a large set of bugs.

The point is that these extra gods are redundant and really screw with the design of the game. The whitelight / blacklight god divide is almost entirely gone now since most of the spells are now accessible by both groups. Magranon is rendered almost 100% useless (even moreso than before) since most of his unique goodies (res stone and damage buff) are accessible by other gods who have a better set of spells and restrictions or saccables.

Not to mention the fact that the entire system is still riddled with bugs even now, long after it was introduced. Messing with alignment and casting on allies with player gods is FUBAR.

I'd be down with reverting all of these gods and allowing players the 1-time option to revert to a template god of equal faith or rehauling the entire system and introducing a unique set of spells for these new gods, but the balancing of that would probably be nightmarish since the balance of the original 4 gods has really never been good. Adding these 3 new gods and spinning the roulette wheel of spell selection just goofs the whole thing up even more. 

Honestly though, this stuff wasn't even meant to happen.We had one demigod, Nathan, who was virtually unkillable for years and never ascended. Then Rolf "fixed" it and suddenly we have three demigods appear then rapidly become gods (due to a bug that was fixed, I believe).This left Rolf and co. in a position where they either have to revert this disaster and piss shortsighted people off who hopped on the conversion bandwagon, or buckle up and try and make it work with this half-baked system. 

I don't want to descend down the PvP vs PvE hole, but the irony of it all is that this system really messes up the Epic servers, who were the intended audience for this system in the first place and the reason that these gods even exist on Valrei, and yet it'll likely be kept in place by non-Epic players who swapped over their priests and refuse to see it changed for various reasons.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 6

I was a Mag. As you say, Mag is rendered useless. I laughed from the day the god became available that "this is what happens when you let RNG design a deity." I thought for sure it would be manually edited within days. It wasn't. Months went by with me hanging onto my Mag, saccing locks when I could have sacced much easier to do corn, and they didn't change it. Then they suddenly and without warning temporarily nerfed the crap out of Nahjo. Had they said, "Look. You can revert back your previous god at your previous faith..." yeah, I would have been for it. If they offer it right now, I would take it. I'm not against them being removed if I don't take the brunt on yet another balancing of long obviously busted things. 

PS: I thought they meant the players, not the deities. :-P

Yeah enormous +1, at least delete em from BL, we dont need any other god then libila. 

They should do a poll, eh? "Would you be willing to revert back to your old god at your previous faith level?" 

• Like 1

Instead of flat out removing them allow a way for the player gods to be slain on valrei banishing them and depriesting any who follow them.

I'm a 99 blacksmith so ban everyone with lower skills on BS they are just pretenders. 

On 2/3/2016 at 6:48 AM, Jaz said:

I'm a 99 blacksmith so ban everyone with lower skills on BS they are just pretenders. 

Until someone with 100 blacksmithing comes along and wants you banished for having an unworthy skill level. lol

I'm okay with the idea of player gods, it's actually kinda neat in a "pushing-the-sandbox-to-the-extreme" sort of way. But practically everything about the way they were implemented is totally backwards. For example:

-No new player-god-specific spells, meaning that this isn't new content so much as it is an excuse to stop balancing the old gods.
-RNG spells and abilities taken from the old god pool, destroying diversity and promoting a future "one god to rule them all" scenario.
-Ascension based mostly on RNG. You can just kill one mountain lion as part of a mission, win a key, and ascend. It's bad enough when a no-name person or an alt becomes your king; it'd be catastrophic to have that same person become a god, permanently, and with thousands of people having to put up with them.
-WL demigods becoming BL gods? Why?
-Gods are available to everybody from every kingdom, with no way of controlling access to the god that *your kingdom* worked to create. So that ascension could potentially help your enemies more than it helps you.

-No way to kill player gods, so when xXxBootyBanditxXx manages to ascend, we're stuck with him. This also means there's no way of destroying overpowered religions.

-The last tiny fragments of lore go flying out the window, as WL kingdoms summon zombie armies and BL kingdoms become coated in grass and flowers.

And so on. It destroys everything that was unique about the three kingdoms while offering no real content. Definitely not something that should've been rushed like it was.

25 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Until someone with 100 blacksmithing comes along and wants you banished for having an unworthy skill level. lol

Hush.. . I know of at least one :)

On 2/3/2016 at 7:22 AM, Fawkes said:

I'm okay with the idea of player gods, it's actually kinda neat in a "pushing-the-sandbox-to-the-extreme" sort of way. But practically everything about the way they were implemented is totally backwards. For example:

-No new player-god-specific spells, meaning that this isn't new content so much as it is an excuse to stop balancing the old gods.
-RNG spells and abilities taken from the old god pool, destroying diversity and promoting a future "one god to rule them all" scenario.
-Ascension based mostly on RNG. You can just kill one mountain lion as part of a mission, win a key, and ascend. It's bad enough when a no-name person or an alt becomes your king; it'd be catastrophic to have that same person become a god, permanently, and with thousands of people having to put up with them.
-WL demigods becoming BL gods? Why?
-Gods are available to everybody from every kingdom, with no way of controlling access to the god that *your kingdom* worked to create. So that ascension could potentially help your enemies more than it helps you.

-No way to kill player gods, so when xXxBootyBanditxXx manages to ascend, we're stuck with him. This also means there's no way of destroying overpowered religions.

-The last tiny fragments of lore go flying out the window, as WL kingdoms summon zombie armies and BL kingdoms become coated in grass and flowers.

And so on. It destroys everything that was unique about the three kingdoms while offering no real content. Definitely not something that should've been rushed like it was.

I feel like they could have honestly just left the cap at Champion status.  We are players, not deities, and rightfully so we should only be able to be a Champion for a deity.