Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Sleep bonus

I had 2hours left.. and i got the refill from today.. but it didn't go over 5h..maybe it is for those who had  few minutes left.. who knows

Hmmm... From what I have read it seems we need to ask devs to NEVER give away anything as it seems moaning and complaining is in human nature...

• Like 6

anyway, people who think they only got 2 hours of sb (which is 2silvers worth of sleep powders, are more than welcome to send 2 silvers to me, i might appreciate it a bit more than you, it seems)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

Hmmm... From what I have read it seems we need to ask devs to NEVER give away anything as it seems moaning and complaining is in human nature...

This isn't about the devs just giving us something for free.

This is about the devs compensating us for being unable to use the service we pay for. Well, for a very broad definition of "compensation".

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

This isn't about the devs just giving us something for free.

This is about the devs compensating us for being unable to use the service we pay for. Well, for a very broad definition of "compensation".

im not following you guys on compensations etc... ive done about 25 meds in those few days... i was lucky, i guess...

• Like 1

What does meditation have to do with any of this?

The compensation was for the severe playability problems as the result of a botched update. There was an entire day where people couldn't even move very successfully.

Run rolf, run like hell, im get ya and fling ya in my oven. be happy im civilized atm n already went off in global :-P  ( btw, this patch sure as hell didnt fix anything, randomly get booted from wagons, can get stuck in walls,  Then your free sb, yea i used my bed, and i see only 5 on my bar, while my vyn wasnt in a  bed and has 10.................. Lovely.  revert the systems back to how they was. Stop  screwing with the movement/commanding system cause so far all im seeing is bugs and each fix, adds more bugs and doesnt fixs the bugs bugs bugs bugs bug..................................

Edited by fatboy

used my bed on 1 out of 4 characters, sucks missing the extra sb's

but seriously, jumping on a horse and backing it up dismounts you, very annoying

So we missed out because  we slept in beds, is that our fault ? did they warn us and can they fix it ?  just questions ,not  pointing finger at a great idea .

I would guess that the bed code works by adding whatever sleep bonus you get from sleeping, and then reduces it to 5 hours. When it probably should look at how much sleep bonus you have and if it is less the 5 hours only then add whatever sleep bonus you get from sleeping and reduce it to 5 hours.

That way if you have more than 5 hours sleep bonus, for any reason, sleeping in a bed does nothing to your sleep bonus.

Now I had used up sb on most chars and was too lazy/ in a hurry to log them off in beds...

soooooo... Its all gooood! :P

On 1/28/2016 at 8:53 AM, Wurmhole said:

Silly people.  SB was awarded and people topped off at the normal 5 max.  But no, some went over the max in a rather unusual turn of events.  Why is nobody complaining that CC messed up and gave out too much?  Rather, the complaint is "I don't have as much as that guy".  In RL, when someone wins the lottery, do you all complain to the lottery commission that you didn't win the same as them?

But, I suppose until they figure out how to make a special non trade-able powder to give to all as game problem compensation, we will always have the bitchfest.

Edit: make the powders a different color in inventory and give them an exp date, so people can't end up with tons of them on storage alts that have been around for 10 years.

This a horrible example, they promised SB to everyone for the issues in the last week, not everyone even got SB, some more than others. If the Lottery commission promised a reward to everyone and not everyone received the reward. Then yes it's a valid complaint. Go suck up to Rolf somewhere else!

The SB seems fine to me. Mine is maxed out at 9hrs 11min. SO it appears that it doesn't really matter if it was full or not to begin with, it just tacked on. It also appeared to happen when I was offline, not sure if that made a difference?

1 hour ago, Warbjorn said:

The SB seems fine to me. Mine is maxed out at 9hrs 11min. SO it appears that it doesn't really matter if it was full or not to begin with, it just tacked on. It also appeared to happen when I was offline, not sure if that made a difference?

if you have 9 hours 11 min, don't use a bed until you're below 5 hours sleep bonus; otherwise your sleep bonus will revert to 5 hours when you log in after using a bed.

Sign in to follow this