Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Sleep bonus

• Another minor/large update today removed most of the remaining movement lag.
  • Sleep bonus was awarded for these last days of extra downtime.
  • Proper checks were added to make sure altars can only be used on ground.
  • More smelting tweaks.
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

Gj on the 5+ h of SB, now no one can complain :)

Already had 5h because i was studying for an exam i had earlier today

/complaining

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wulfgarr said:

Gj on the 5+ h of SB, now no one can complain :)

Edited by Deth666

4 minutes ago, Deth666 said:

minus the people that couldn't play because of the downtime and had full SB trying to do a grind which makes the 5h bonus into a complete loss

Changing something that wasn't really broken and screwing it up because you didn't want to test on the TEST server and then giving nothing to most players to compensate???

10h of sleep bonus not good enought?

goldmember.jpg

• Like 4

Seems not alot of people have logged in.
[13:32:41] You have 5 hours and 30 minutes left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.

Meaning anyone who had 5h have 10h now? That what i was posting up there.. but hey, lets not check and see just complain?

31 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Already had 5h because i was studying for an exam i had earlier today

/complaining

Same, that 5h sb could go over total 5h limit if given for downtime...

EDIT: [14:15:24] You have 10 hours left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.

Oh it's cool, time to grind it all in one run \o/

Edited by Martynas5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

Seems not alot of people have logged in.
[13:32:41] You have 5 hours and 30 minutes left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.

Meaning anyone who had 5h have 10h now? That what i was posting up there.. but hey, lets not check and see just complain?

Oh, thats pretty cool.

Both of my characters were in bed and neither of them have over 5 hours.  You cannot preach at altars  now.  Still have lag at the doors.  It is better though.

For the curious, casting wisdom of vynora on toons that have over 5h, puts them back at 5h :P

RIP my 9 mins sb ;(

Edited by asdf

Anyone who logged out in a bed when the restart happened (ie all of my played characters) only got the 5 hours, whereas anyone who logged out by just closing the window (ie my dumb alts) got 10 hours.

Had like 4hrs left on most of my characters FML lol

Edited by Gavin

Oh yeah makes sense, gaining any amount of sb via bed or wisdom cast puts you back at 5h

I logged off in a bed.. i did it a minute before restart so maybe thatswhy?

At first I was pleasantly surprised when I logged my alt in and saw the sb went over the usual 5hrs, thinking this was a nice gesture for all the issues that been around recently. Then I was disappointed when I logged my main in who had been in a bed and saw he maxed out at the usual 5hrs :(  the char who would be able to use the sb the most got the least, as he already had 2.5hrs of sb it wasnt much of a gain.

It's very much a step in the right direction, just needs a few minor tweaks. Thank you to the devs for listening to us on this one

Does this mean if we log out in a bed now with over 5h we lose the extra?

Edited by Fraeya

lol @ the guy who said the gm would let the portable altars stay.

35 minutes ago, Chulirac said:

At first I was pleasantly surprised when I logged my alt in and saw the sb went over the usual 5hrs, thinking this was a nice gesture for all the issues that been around recently. Then I was disappointed when I logged my main in who had been in a bed and saw he maxed out at the usual 5hrs :(  the char who would be able to use the sb the most got the least, as he already had 2.5hrs of sb it wasnt much of a gain.

my alt had 9 hours, main had about 2 hours and has only 5 now

22 minutes ago, Fraeya said:

It's very much a step in the right direction, just needs a few minor tweaks. Thank you to the devs for listening to us on this one

Does this mean if we log out in a bed now with over 5h we lose the extra?

From what I'm seeing from friends and in this post, if you have more than 5 hours from this I'd suggest not using a bed til you get it back below 5 hours sleep bonus.  Just as a precaution

• Like 2

Hate to jump in this but the facts are simple:

1. server update makes game unplayable

2. active players cannot play, hence sleep bonus cannot be used.

3. compensations are awarded to characters that are not even significant (alts) and in a discriminating way (who cares where I logged off after all)

This simply adds an extra layer of frustration to the whole situation. This is bad for Wurm.

Now that's dissapointing. So my first complain post can stay, i did not get 5hours because i already had 5 and i am in a bed currently :(

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as Gavin and because I tend to post on the forums the only comment I will make is WTF Wogic strikes again.

Silly people.  SB was awarded and people topped off at the normal 5 max.  But no, some went over the max in a rather unusual turn of events.  Why is nobody complaining that CC messed up and gave out too much?  Rather, the complaint is "I don't have as much as that guy".  In RL, when someone wins the lottery, do you all complain to the lottery commission that you didn't win the same as them?

But, I suppose until they figure out how to make a special non trade-able powder to give to all as game problem compensation, we will always have the bitchfest.

Edit: make the powders a different color in inventory and give them an exp date, so people can't end up with tons of them on storage alts that have been around for 10 years.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Why didn't the people in bed get the 5hrs on top of what they had too?

24 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Silly people.  SB was awarded and people topped off at the normal 5 max.  But no, some went over the max in a rather unusual turn of events.  Why is nobody complaining that CC messed up and gave out too much?  Rather, the complaint is "I don't have as much as that guy".  In RL, when someone wins the lottery, do you all complain to the lottery commission that you didn't win the same as them?

Sorry but you are completely off...This is not about prizes given randomly to players. It's a bout each paying customer who could not play the game due to a failed update.

So, it affected MY playing time and MY playing experience, I deserve to some kind of compensation. Oh... wait... I was in bed so I could not get it.

Sign in to follow this