Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

WSA: Planted items and you

WSA.png

Hi Everyone,

In the coming days there will be an update to the game which addresses how planted items currently work.

As of current, planted items cannot be picked up by anyone bar the planter, or if on deed, mayor and those with the appropriate permissions.

With the coming update, OFF DEED planted items with over 70 damage, or those under 10 effective quality will no longer be planted, and can be picked up by everyone. To ensure maximum security, please ensure that all items you have planted,  off deed are above 10 quality, and under 70 damage.

On deed items will remain planted, but in future in order to plant they will need to meet the minimum requirements of being over 10 effective quality and less than 70 damage.

We do not have an exact time this update will come, so please act quickly to ensure no loss of items.

Happy Wurming!

Retrograde

Community Relations Coordinator

Edited with update - ondeed planted items no longer will be unplanted

• Like 7

Will planted items on deed lose being planted also?

While I understand the off deed idea. On deed, planted should always be planted.

• Like 10

since i asked in IRC and im sure others will ask this:

<Nicrolis_AO> they shouldn't be able to be picked up on deed if the person doesn't have take options right?

<@Retrograde> Correct
<@Retrograde> deed permissions still decide it

• Like 3

The problem with it being tied to take and not planted is there are people in my roles who have "pick up" rights, but do not have "Pick up planted". So when the item what ever it is becomes unplanted people I never intended to have permission to take the item will now have permission.

Either on deed decay on all planted items needs to be removed. Or on deed planted items do not need to become unplanted.

• Like 7

if you imp them to around 30ql(even 20), you wont have to repair for around 4-6 months. I have 1ql bsbs that havent poofed from damage in over 5.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

On chaos you should be able to pickup/steal planted items off deed.

Perhaps as a skill unlock.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

On chaos you should be able to pickup/steal planted items off deed.

For the love of all things great, please look into this if you're making changes to the plant able item system

Currently, easy to make / high ql items are planted in caves entrances, multiple items on one tile to prevent enemies from being able to collapse the tile (which in turns means you can not use the "flatten" action on a dirt wall in PvP / raid situations.

Medium quality items take MINOR damage when bashed, literally an item of 50ql (which takes about 1 minute of improving for a skilled person), takes as much (or if I remember correctly, LESS) than a guard tower does. The fact you can drop multiple on a cave entrance means you'll spend hours bashing petty items before you can start pulling part of the wall down. These methods impact raids significantly, especially when you've just spent 90 minutes bashing a 90ql mine door to get into the cave in the first place...

• Like 5

Great idea, will help get rid of all the junk littering each and every server.

With the mention it should happen OFF DEED only. On deed, nothing should go unplanted, regardless of ql and/or decay level.

• Like 9

+1 to WSA, very exciting to see things announced before simply being patched in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ohana said:

The problem with it being tied to take and not planted is there are people in my roles who have "pick up" rights, but do not have "Pick up planted". So when the item what ever it is becomes unplanted people I never intended to have permission to take the item will now have permission.

Either on deed decay on all planted items needs to be removed. Or on deed planted items do not need to become unplanted.

Please this!

Also, will there be a fix to moving planted items on deed?  My mayor and my permissions alts have rights to move planted items.  But currently, that only works on the items they planted.  If someone else planted something on my deed, I can't move it.  I have to empty it, pick up and replant.  Please fix this, before mucking about with other aspects, which will break more things.

On deed, on Freedom, things should be sacred and safe. We should not be looking over our shoulders every minute for things decaying, becoming unplanted and creatures being killed in our fences.  Don't let pvp mechanics bleed into Freedom.

When Devs say "hurry and imp/repair all your planted items, because we don't know how soon this update is coming"..... that is the absolute stupidest thing I've ever heard.  Some people have massive deeds and hundreds of planted items to check now.  Things like this and the horrible decay issues make it apparent Code Club wants us to go minimal.  Shrink deeds to smallest size and not get too invested in the game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Wurm Service Announcement!

With the coming update, planted items with over 70 damage, or those under 10 effective quality will no longer be planted,

PLEASE

then atleast make it so they wont be able to be dropped if someone tries to plant them ...give a message that item is too low ql or too high dmg to be planted

dont let us be fooled to think item is planted just because we maybe not look in event

40 minutes ago, Maiya said:

PLEASE

then atleast make it so they wont be able to be dropped if someone tries to plant them ...give a message that item is too low ql or too high dmg to be planted

dont let us be fooled to think item is planted just because we maybe not look in event

[05:48:14] The small sign is of too poor quality to be planted.

[05:48:44] The small sign is too heavily damaged to be planted.

We would not simply have it drop when planting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Great you made me happy big ty for that :)

This is a nice option for off deed planted items, as eventually others will be able to pick them up and reuse them somewhere else. The only problem is applying this to on deed items, which should be immune to this effect. The only reason I can figure out it works this way is that the coding is a blanket approach, which is easier to apply to all planted items in game. So yea, not the best idea.

=Ayes=

• Like 5

Looking forward to this update. There is a planted lamp someone left in my mine that I cannot pick up. This will make it so, without wasting the lamp.

fine off deed, but as others have stated, on deed it should be safe regardles?

• Like 1

Ah, more stuff to create more work through maintenance. Less effort to make this thing a JOB and more work to make the game FUN.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This is fine as far as it goes.  And thanks for the answer.

But I'd also love to get an answer to the question I see being asked repeatedly in this thread.....is this is going to be off-deed only? (as it should be).   Or is this new "feature" going to plague us on-deed as well?  If there is some pvp reason that it's felt we should all have to endure it on-deed, how about just having it work on-deed on the pvp servers? 

Currently the 10 effective quality is intended to be a feature across both off deed and on deed. in much the same way as vehicles must b over 10 effective quality to command them.

As for the damage and becoming unplanted, I do not know and will follow that up, but I assume that it will cover both off and on deed

EDIT:

Items will not become planted on deed. only off deed. This means all current  planted items on deed will be safe, the requirement to plant will remain however.

• Like 1

Announcement? But it's already working.

21 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Also, will there be a fix to moving planted items on deed?  My mayor and my permissions alts have rights to move planted items.  But currently, that only works on the items they planted.  If someone else planted something on my deed, I can't move it.  I have to empty it, pick up and replant.

This, please. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Currently the 10 effective quality is intended to be a feature across both off deed and on deed. in much the same way as vehicles must b over 10 effective quality to command them.

As for the damage and becoming unplanted, I do not know and will follow that up, but I assume that it will cover both off and on deed

EDIT:

Items will not become planted on deed. only off deed. This means all current  planted items on deed will be safe, the requirement to plant will remain however.

"...not become  planted on deed. only..."

^^UNplanted?

I mean, i presume that is meant to be "unplanted"

Edited by ClericGunem

On 1/26/2016 at 11:00 AM, Retrograde said:

WSA.png

Hi Everyone,

In the coming days there will be an update to the game which addresses how planted items currently work.

I appreciate the heads up which we almost never get on these things. However the post above was a bit misleading letting people think they had some time to get ready for this when the patch went live less than 24 hours from this post. 

• Like 1

The permissions/mayor on lamps on deed seems to be fixed. I don't recall it being in the patch notes but yesterday I was able to move lamps someone else planted. They had been restricted regardless of permissions.